Does anyone have HTC Wildfire mobile?

sarahm85

Silver Member
I'm due an upgrade on my mobile contract, found a plan with my current provider that it better and cheaper than what I'm currently on, so looking at the mobiles I can pick from.

One is HTC Wildfire, having never owned a HTC I'm not sure how good they are and was wondering if anyone has this phone and would they recommend it or not?

Thanks!

sarahm85 said:
I'm due an upgrade on my mobile contract, found a plan with my current provider that it better and cheaper than what I'm currently on, so looking at the mobiles I can pick from.

One is HTC Wildfire, having never owned a HTC I'm not sure how good they and was wondering if anyone has this phone and would they recommend it or not?

Thanks!

I work for t mobile. They r good phones esp for the apps and the android market xx

I got one a few weeks ago - is very good. The HTC Desire is supposed to be the best on the market but the contracts are usually more than the Wildfire. I got mine through Tesco - pd £50 for the phone then £20 a month on a 12 month contract with 750 mins, unlimited txts and internet. Was much cheaper than any other provider and Tesco use O2 which I get a great reception with. T mobile always do good deals too but my hubby is with them and has to go upstairs to use the phone!!!!

jen3 said:
I got one a few weeks ago - is very good. The HTC Desire is supposed to be the best on the market but the contracts are usually more than the Wildfire. I got mine through Tesco - pd £50 for the phone then £20 a month on a 12 month contract with 750 mins, unlimited txts and internet. Was much cheaper than any other provider and Tesco use O2 which I get a great reception with. T mobile always do good deals too but my hubby is with them and has to go upstairs to use the phone!!!!

Tell ur hubby to text yes to 2121 xx

I was offered one of these for £10.21 per month but checked a few review sites and found a few bad ones. I have an iphone4 and was offered this as a"good customer".

I do like HTC (had a magic) and Android is superb - I say that as an Iphone 4 user as have no preference.
Obviously it is not as good as the Desire, but for £10.21 I was going to get it for my dad until Virgin offered him a Blackberry for £10 a month.

Must be desperation time for cellphone companies?

Maximus said:
I was offered one of these for £10.21 per month but checked a few review sites and found a few bad ones. I have an iphone4 and was offered this as a"good customer".

I do like HTC (had a magic) and Android is superb - I say that as an Iphone 4 user as have no preference.
Obviously it is not as good as the Desire, but for £10.21 I was going to get it for my dad until Virgin offered him a Blackberry for £10 a month.

Must be desperation time for cellphone companies?

I phone 4s have worse reviews!!! i would never get an iphone!! and that's from someone who works with phones!! In fact noone i work with has one
..i would have the topshop app tho lol.

HTC are good phones poor battery life like any android tho as they are always connected to the internet.!! the desire hd is the newest HTC and more advanced when it comes to screen quality etc. Ive never had to book a wildfire in for repair either if that helps.

Depends on what u use ur phone for xx

A lot of Iphone users are "fanboys" that is sadly true. A lot of anti-Iphone reviews are Android "fanboys" or just Anti-Apple.

I can understand this, but me being me, I use both and have no preference. Most Iphone doubters I come across quote second party stuff. None of them have the Iphone 4 yet talk about the "grip of death" - I demonstrate on a daily basis this is nonsense.

The iphone 4 for me is a perfect combination of phone (obviously) email receiver, internet (both wifi and 3g) HD video and still camera, music collection, SATNAV - then there's the apps.

My next phone will be the current Android when I upgrade as the I phone 5 will not be worth £35 per month for me, but as I mentioned, I don't particularly care what phone I have. I may keep the Iphone 4 and reduce monthly payments to £10 if I can't get a top Android deal.

I could also exercise the option of a T mobile deal through the family and friends scheme, but I must be getting old now as the new tech doesn't interest me much these days;)

Maximus said:
A lot of Iphone users are "fanboys" that is sadly true. A lot of anti-Iphone reviews are Android "fanboys" or just Anti-Apple.

I can understand this, but me being me, I use both and have no preference. Most Iphone doubters I come across quote second party stuff. None of them have the Iphone 4 yet talk about the "grip of death" - I demonstrate on a daily basis this is nonsense.

The iphone 4 for me is a perfect combination of phone (obviously) email receiver, internet (both wifi and 3g) HD video and still camera, music collection, SATNAV - then there's the apps.

My next phone will be the current Android when I upgrade as the I phone 5 will not be worth £35 per month for me, but as I mentioned, I don't particularly care what phone I have. I may keep the Iphone 4 and reduce monthly payments to £10 if I can't get a top Android deal.

I could also exercise the option of a T mobile deal through the family and friends scheme, but I must be getting old now as the new tech doesn't interest me much these days;)

Pmsl at fanboys xx

I have a HTC Wildfire and I love it! My friend has the desire and this is better than mine but for what I need the wildfire is perfect.

It has a good camera and the android market has loads of brilliant apps. As for battery life I have had no problem with this and the phone will last for about 3 days on normal usage or 2 days if I'm playing loads of games etc. I like how it hooks up my contacts with facebook and the ease of uploading photos to facebook straight from the phone.

It took a bit of getting used to to find my way round. I'd never had a smart phone before but I've got it all working now. I love being able to check my emails at the touch of the button.#

The best app by far has got to be skype. My family live overseas and I can phone them from my phone wherever I am for free!

If you want an android phone then I'd suggest going for the HTC Desire HD or even just the HTC Desire. The HTC Wildfire is designed as the budget buy of the android market, the memory space is smaller, the processor not as fast, the screen isn't as good quality as the HTC Desire and generally it's a tad slower.

But if it's perfect size and just what you want, go for it. It's still brilliant phone :)

After having my Iphone for over a year, I hate the thing and want to move away from Apple.

I have an HTC legend. First smartphone for me and I am really impressed with android. The camera takes excellent pictures, as others said, battery life can be poor, but when you are using all its features that is to be expected. Have a Bluetooth thing in my car which makes it handsfree and I love Google maps and the navigation. Will stay with android as long as I can.

Back