Does anyone like hearing about what other people are eating?

Justice UK

All my colleagues think I'm wierd because I'm always asking them about what they are having for dinner?

I know I can't eat but its kind of theraputic to think about food sometimes lol.

Anyone else doing anything similar?

yep im the same lol

Thank god! I thought I was a freak lol

hahha my latest books to read have been cook books! And I can't stop watching cookery shows

No way you are not weird, I've become a cookery show addict and always thought they were a little bit naff before. I think its because I used to be a junk food addict and would eat and run (food that was generally convenient, loaded with fat salt etc) But now I fully enjoy watching chefs make delicious recipes from scratch and taking time preparing and cooking food. I also ordered Low GI cookbooks and cook recipes for my h2b to practice for when I am on maintenance, so far I am loving the tuna steak with wasabi! (to cook, not to eat)

yes yes and yes!!! I LOVE finding out what people are eating, love advising my friend who's on WW (I'm good at advice, just can't take my own), love collecting recipies from the internet and cook books, and most of all LOVE LOVE LOVE watching cooking programes!! I especially like come dine with me though, i like to sit there and tut!!!

....Hope i can follow my good health advice after i'm, done!!!

Really? I must admit the thoughts of hearing what other people are eating really makes me wish I was having what they are having, but that could be that Ive just started so give me a few weeks and I will probably come back on this thread and say that I cant get enough of it! :D

Really? I must admit the thoughts of hearing what other people are eating really makes me wish I was having what they are having, but that could be that Ive just started so give me a few weeks and I will probably come back on this thread and say that I cant get enough of it! :D

I bet you do lol ;)

hahahhaha this is great because I was going to post the same thing too.

I love talking about food and what people have eaten for dinner. I make them explain it in detail lol.

My husband works in a restaurant and eats at work so i dont cook for him, it has always been this way not because of my diet. I ask him what he has eaten and then I add "did you eat chips?" and he always says "no" hahahah I know its silly to ask because he doesnt like chips and I love it lol. I talk about food all the time and for some reason it makes me feel better :) you are sooo not alone lol

I've started to cook the things that I crave for my hubby. This morning he had a fabulous Tuna Melt for lunch and I had a bake up and made him three huge Lasagne's! One for dinner tonight and the others are in the freezer for another day. I gave everything a good sniff, but I was fine.

Before the diet, if I craved something I didn't have in the house or was trying to resist, I would end up eating loads of things like sandwiches or fruit, anything to fill me up and stop me obsessing about my craving, but if I had just had what I wanted in moderation, I would have saved calories in the long run. So I figure if I cook and face the foods that I crave, I will no longer obsess about them.

Had a hankering for prawns for the past two weeks. I made him a prawn stirfry last night -craving gone! I am either very clever or totally blooming batty! (Answers on a post card please but keep then clean!) xXx

Last edited:
This is so true! I think for me I am so excited about cooking again and trying lots of new healthy recipes so hearing what everyone else eats/cook is giving me lots of good ideas!
T x

I love thinking about food, planning meals etc. I crave the good-for-you foods and can't wait to eat salads and chicken and fish again!
I also am a fan of Come Dine With Me and Something For The Weekend, perfect tv to watch while i'm enjoying my shake!!

I really badly wanted some nuts, chocolate, chrisps and biscuits yesterday so i went to the shop and bought all of them and made my husband eat them hahahahhaha now i feel all good :)

Back