Does anyone read others diary's but dont reply?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Petal01, 16 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi, just wondering if anyone else reads all the diary's but don't reply to them? i do this quite a lot as i somehow feel im intruding into someones private life, silly i know :rolleyes: is it only me that does this or are there others?

Not sure whether i have put this in correct place.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Tracie,

I try to keep up with the diaries as I find them inspiring and love reading:)

I do a reply when I can, but it could be days or even longer.

You can see if you click into the diary forum on the right hand side of the thread you can see how many views that thread has gotten.

For example Summerskye has 1,003 post done on her thread, but she has had 15,456 views.

So you can see from those figures that there is a high percentage of reading going on.

We know that we have a lot of visitors to the site that just read and I have gotten emails to say how helpful they find the diaries and some of the topics in helping them to lose weight.

So many people are basically shy about posting for all sorts of reasons. But it is a matter of getting into the swing of it.

We have over a thousand posts daily on MiniMins and so you can be assured there is a lot of replies going on and spread out among all the forums.

Love Mini xxx

4. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Speaking personally, I'm always delighted to receive replies or comments on my diary thread .. even just saying someone saying hello and letting me know how they're getting on with their diet brightens my day :)

I always reply to anyone who's taken the time to write on my thread .. and have made some wonderful new friends that way too.

I don't see my diary as 'private' (if I did, I wouldn't post it on a public forum I guess :rolleyes: ) and I'm sure others don't either - so post away!! :D

Love

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Hi,
    I totally agree with Sharon. If it was anything that private I wouldn't post it! I love it when people reply, even if its just a just hello or well done. It makes it worthwhile ! Never be afraid to post on someone's diary I would say. Its horrible when nobody does bother to reply when you know so many people have read it !

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love seeing entries in my diary, as the others have said if its private I dont discuss it on a public forum. I have just under 100 entries on mine but over 1000 hits so again, plenty people reading :)

Dont be nervous in adding to someones diary, theyll probably enjoy the input from you :)

7. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yep I'll ditto that :)

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hiya, like others have said, I wouldnt put my diary on a public forum if it was totally private. I love when people say things on mine (well, ye know, nice or constructive things!!) and always try to reply to people who post on my thread.

When I read other peoples diaries, sometimes I post, sometimes I dont....depends on a lot of things really!

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I also read as many diaries as possible but there just isn't time to post on every one.
    Irene xx

10. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I know I sometimes wish more people would reply to my diary - I know mine is an odd one as I am not dieting which is probably why I don't get so many responses...but I am sure anyone who is posting as part of their "journey" loves to receive messages...even just a quick Hello

Nicky

11. dawntinkler34

dawntinkler34 Water Baby

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey guys,

I read lots of diary's but don't have time to post on them all so i try to catch up with a few at a time. Feel free to comment on mine, it's not private it's all to help myself and others.

Good Luck
    x

12. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Just agreeing with everyone else here, in fact i've just started my maintenance diary today and will always welcome any comments made. I read as much as I can, but it's not always possible to post on all the threads. It can feel a bit daunting when you first post on a diary, but I've always been welcomed whenever I have & it's nice "getting to know" people through their diaries.

Join in, you'll be made very welcome.

13. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    My problem is there aint enough hours in the day, I love replying to them all but dont have time, I get caught up in reading them all and then forget to reply!

The more the merrier I say, my diary is now a sticky too so its easy to find, but also its a true weight loss from day 1 type of thing!

Long live diaries, would have gone totally mad without them all to read!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.