Does anyone read others diary's but dont reply?

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Hi, just wondering if anyone else reads all the diary's but don't reply to them? i do this quite a lot as i somehow feel im intruding into someones private life, silly i know :rolleyes: is it only me that does this or are there others?

Not sure whether i have put this in correct place.

Hi Tracie,

I try to keep up with the diaries as I find them inspiring and love reading:)

I do a reply when I can, but it could be days or even longer.

You can see if you click into the diary forum on the right hand side of the thread you can see how many views that thread has gotten.

For example Summerskye has 1,003 post done on her thread, but she has had 15,456 views.

So you can see from those figures that there is a high percentage of reading going on.

We know that we have a lot of visitors to the site that just read and I have gotten emails to say how helpful they find the diaries and some of the topics in helping them to lose weight.

So many people are basically shy about posting for all sorts of reasons. But it is a matter of getting into the swing of it.

We have over a thousand posts daily on MiniMins and so you can be assured there is a lot of replies going on and spread out among all the forums.

Love Mini xxx

For example Summerskye has 1,003 post done on her thread, but she has had 15,456 views.

So you can see from those figures that there is a high percentage of reading going on.

Speaking personally, I'm always delighted to receive replies or comments on my diary thread .. even just saying someone saying hello and letting me know how they're getting on with their diet brightens my day :)

I always reply to anyone who's taken the time to write on my thread .. and have made some wonderful new friends that way too.

I don't see my diary as 'private' (if I did, I wouldn't post it on a public forum I guess :rolleyes: ) and I'm sure others don't either - so post away!! :D

Love

Hi,
I totally agree with Sharon. If it was anything that private I wouldn't post it! I love it when people reply, even if its just a just hello or well done. It makes it worthwhile ! Never be afraid to post on someone's diary I would say. Its horrible when nobody does bother to reply when you know so many people have read it !

Hi,
I totally agree with Sharon. If it was anything that private I wouldn't post it! I love it when people reply, even if its just a just hello or well done. It makes it worthwhile ! Never be afraid to post on someone's diary I would say. Its horrible when nobody does bother to reply when you know so many people have read it !

Yep I'll ditto that :)

Hi, just wondering if anyone else reads all the diary's but don't reply to them? i do this quite a lot as i somehow feel im intruding into someones private life, silly i know :rolleyes: is it only me that does this or are there others?

Not sure whether i have put this in correct place.

Hiya, like others have said, I wouldnt put my diary on a public forum if it was totally private. I love when people say things on mine (well, ye know, nice or constructive things!!) and always try to reply to people who post on my thread.

When I read other peoples diaries, sometimes I post, sometimes I dont....depends on a lot of things really!

I know I sometimes wish more people would reply to my diary - I know mine is an odd one as I am not dieting which is probably why I don't get so many responses...but I am sure anyone who is posting as part of their "journey" loves to receive messages...even just a quick Hello

Nicky

Hey guys,

I read lots of diary's but don't have time to post on them all so i try to catch up with a few at a time. Feel free to comment on mine, it's not private it's all to help myself and others.

Good Luck
x

Just agreeing with everyone else here, in fact i've just started my maintenance diary today and will always welcome any comments made. I read as much as I can, but it's not always possible to post on all the threads. It can feel a bit daunting when you first post on a diary, but I've always been welcomed whenever I have & it's nice "getting to know" people through their diaries.

Join in, you'll be made very welcome.

My problem is there aint enough hours in the day, I love replying to them all but dont have time, I get caught up in reading them all and then forget to reply!

The more the merrier I say, my diary is now a sticky too so its easy to find, but also its a true weight loss from day 1 type of thing!

Long live diaries, would have gone totally mad without them all to read!

Back