Does black tea count as part of fluids?

Minz

Maintainer
I was wondering if black tea counts as part of the fluid intake? I drink a lot of water (at least 3lts a day) but quite a few cups of black tea too. Does anyone know if this is counted as part of the overall fluid intake?

I count coffee as fluids so I def hope so!!!

Thanks Camille - and well done on your amazing weight loss - wow :D

Im afraid that tea and coffee is not counted towards your water intake - you still need to drink min of 2.5 litres a day...your on 3ltires - thats great!!!..drink more if you want....

Thanks Gilly - I wasn't including the tea as part of fluids - but was curious.....I seem to be taking in soooo much fluid. Well done on your amazing loss - 52lbs wow! Did it take you long?

Hmmm no not initally but thelast 3 stone Ive been faffing with...I think its the comfort feeling of feeling great and nice compliments etc that have caused me to relax.

I know I need to loose more...my B4 pictures are on my gallery - I think?

Had a look at the photos - the incredible shrinking woman! You look great, well done.

Oh thanks just added a few more..!!...blinking eck those rolls around my belly!!!

Now I'm confused:confused:

My cambridge diet book "weight care with cambridge diet" clearly states 2.25litres water (2 1/4litres ) of calorie free liquid which can include plain water, black tea or coffee, herbal tea(leaf) and cd drink flavourings.

This is repeated for ss, ss+, 810 and so on. However i have often read it stated on this forum that it is 2.5 litres and does not include anything but water?

When i started I was told tea and coffee didnt count toward the daily intake.

I'm confused because the book says
- 2.25 litres which can include tea, coffee etc

but on this forum as you have also stated it is
-2.5 litres not including tea, coffee etc.

so yes still confused :confused::D

Please follow the guidance I have given this is the correct most up-to-date information.

It is vital that you drink the extra water specified ('extra' means it is in addition to the water you use to mix the sachets). Cups of tea and coffee can be taken in addition. On this step, you should drink your tea and coffee without milk or sugar although you may use a calorie free sweeterner. If you do, use a tablet sweetener, not the powdered kind that comes in a jar or sachet.

There are still some discrepancies between booklets which are under review.

thanks cd counsellor but that isn't what my book says - exact quote from book (page 6) -

You must also drink at least 2.25litres (4 pints) of calorie-free liquid a day too. This is really important. Your calorie-free liquids can include
* plain water
* black tea or coffee - no sugar (a tablet sweetener can be used)
*herbal tea (from leaf, not fruit/flower)
*cambridge drink flavourings (after first two weeks).

This def. says that the others as well as the water are included as part of the 2.25litres you drink. so still confused:rolleyes:

well i was told to drink it in addition. coffee and tea are diuretics (spelling?) so your body doesn't absorb as much of the water in the drink as if you drink normal water. so if you drank 2 litres of coffee a day (oh my word, you'd be buzzing, ha) you wouldn't get rid of much of your water retention or flush out as many toxins, if that makes sense?

abz xx

I think our posts are crossing here :rolleyes:

Have to say I am feeling a bit miffed that I have been following the info in the books and so have had way below my plain water intake for the last 5 weeks:sigh:

ask your cdc about it hon. it's probably just a misunderstanding. i'm sure it won't have made a massive difference if you are drinking more water than you did before. just get glugging and you'll have a fabulous loss :)

abz xx

The information I have posted is correct and comes from the most up to date SS booklet, you are looking at the weightcare booklet and as I explained there are still a few inconsistencies.

Do you have a SS booklet if so the information I have given is on page 3 this is the link to the booklet on line in case you do not have a SS booklet

http://www.cambridge-diet.co.uk/brochures/solesource.pdf

If you are on SS this is the booklet you should follow.

Tea and Coffee contain caffeine and can act as a diuretic thats why they are in addition to ensure you are getting the full minimum amount ie. 4 pints from water.

If you include tea and coffee in the 4 pints you will not be rehydrating your body properly.

I can understand your annoyance, have a chat with your CDC about it.

Back