Does CD really work?

hazel05

Hi All,

I've stumbled across this site while researching Cambridge diet. I'm currently 17st 4lb and desperatly need to loose weight before we can embark on fertility treatment. I want to try cd but im worried it will make me ill or i'll put in all this effort and put it all back on? Can anyone offer any advise or success stories for inspiration. I've made an appointment at 17.30 tomorrow with a cdc should i go? Thank you everyone:confused:

Welcome!

Look at the inspiration pics link by clicking inspiration on the blue bar at the top of the page. Speaks for itself.

FC

Welcome! Yes it definately works, i started on thursday at a starting weight of 20st 4lbs and this morning i was 19st 7 but silly me cheated BIG TIME so wont lose 2morrow. I'm doing this also to have another child so i'm going to sick to this for sure from now on. GL with the weight loss

Hi i'm on wk 6 and i feel great, the weight falls off.

Oh Hazel it works!!! I lost just under 12 stone on the diet and love it to bits!! Go to the appointment and you can change your life for the better.

Mike

Hi All,

I've stumbled across this site while researching Cambridge diet. I'm currently 17st 4lb and desperatly need to loose weight before we can embark on fertility treatment. I want to try cd but im worried it will make me ill or i'll put in all this effort and put it all back on? Can anyone offer any advise or success stories for inspiration. I've made an appointment at 17.30 tomorrow with a cdc should i go? Thank you everyone:confused:

Hi Hazel, and welcome to minimins.

Yes, the diet definately does work. I have lost 20lb in 3 weeks and many others on here have similar losses. Its the only diet I have ever tried with such amazing results in a short space of time, and believe me I have tried every diet going.

The diet is very very hard, but if you stick to is you will get fantastic results. After about 3 days you stop feeling hungry as you get into ketosis. Then it is just the food cravings you have to fight but if you are determined to lose weight this will work.

You will only regain the weight after the diet if you go back to your old eating habits. CD helps you to maintain your weight with various stages to help you stabilise once you have lost enough weight. it is up to you to put changes in place that will ensure you do not regain the weight.

Good luck, and have a read through some of the diaries to see how other people have coped with the diet.

Thank you all so very much, your all such an inspiration. Thats it, im going to do it and be slim once and for all!! Thank you again i'll keep you posted on how im doing.
keep up the good work every one xx

Sounds like you have been persuaded to go to your appointment - I personally consider my decision to give CD a try one of best decisions I have have ever made in my life.

I know of someone else in your situation who needed to lose weight so she could undergo fertility treatment - she followed the diet, lost the majority of the weight, started fertility drugs and fell pregnant without the need to undergo IVF.

I've had a few customers who have fallen pregnant when on the diet and have been trying for a long time with no success. Must be the cranberry!! :)

Mike

Hi

Go for it. I have lost 22lb in 5 weeks and I am really pleased. Some members may be suprised by this coz I have done nothing but moan for nearly a week now, feeling really de-motivated, but I am back on track and raring to lose my next 2 stone. I won't tell lies, I find it really really hard, but determination is getting me through. Good luck

definately the best thing I have ever done for myself ever
IT WORKS !!
i am 9 stones down already
it really really really works
you just have to give it your best shot
good luck for your meet with cdc
nat xx

i was 17st in april am now 13st and every day i have to pinch myself to believe it is real ,it is definately the best thing that ever happened to me .just wish i had done it ten years ago

It definatly works!! I have lost nearly 3 stone in 10 weeks!! It's amazing - hard at times, but amazing. I've had a few slip ups, but I am only human and if you are determined and ready to lose weight - it will work.

I've tried loads of diets, but have never had so many wonderful comments about my losses.

It's so good, I am filling in forms to become a CDC. I believe in it so much, I want to help others.

Please try it, you've nothing to lose except pounds!!!!

Its works, if you keep working at it!

Hi there

It definitely works and can change your life in no time at all.

A year ago I had just started Cambridge at 15 1/2 stone. By the beginning of December I had got to 11 stone. Since then I have got really into fitness and have a very healthy body now keeps me happy too. I still have to keep an eye on the weight but seem to be maintaining at around 12 stone so that's 3 1/2 stones off and still in healthy weight range.

You can definitely maintain your weightloss at the end of Cambridge but you do have to work at it.

I'm sure it would be a brilliant way for you to get healthy to start a family.:)

Dizzy x

Hi everyone, i love this site!! i know its going to be my lifeline!
Well i've had my first meeting with my CDC jo and she is really nice, i was sooo nervous but i soon relaxed. She put my worries to bed so im ready to go for it. Start day tomorrow (weds) im really looking forward to it. Im sure its going to be a really hard week as im going out with the girls sat and my birthday monday!! but i will stick to it 100%!
Thank you for all your replys xx

Hi Hazel

I'm just down the road in Telford :wavey:and yes it really does work and is the best thing I've ever done.

I lost 3 stone in 3 months at the beginning of last year and have stayed pretty much at goal since then, which is over a year now.

Minimins is a great site for help, support and encouragement. Looking forward to reading about all your successes :)

Hi Hazel

I'm just down the road in Telford :wavey:and yes it really does work and is the best thing I've ever done.

I lost 3 stone in 3 months at the beginning of last year and have stayed pretty much at goal since then, which is over a year now.

Minimins is a great site for help, support and encouragement. Looking forward to reading about all your successes :)

Hi Madamdotty, wow 3 stone in 3 months thats amazing, this is my last chance saloon now and all my family are being really supportive so i dont want to let them down! I started on went to meet my cdc on tues and she is really nice, i started yest (weds) and its going alright so far hopfully i'll have results like yours, The people on here are so nice i think this site will get me to goal! Telford ha ha were neighbours :D I used to live in Ketley and my husband still works in telford. I keep you all updated on my first weeks loss xx

Hazel - well done on making the decision to go for CD. I am in a similiar situation. I was 17.2 at end of March and now 14.0. I have had 2 lots of IVF with no success and been advised by docs to lose weight as they believe it may help. I have PCOS and didn't have periods for years and the bonus of losing the weight is that my periods are coming back ( albeit all over the place at the moment). It seems to be coming off a little more slowly than with others but I put that down to the PCOS. I need to get down to at most 11.4 so still got a way to go - it isn't the easiest of diets but with determination we'll get there. Like you, this is last chance saloon for me and my dreams of a family.

Good Luck :)

Hazel - well done on making the decision to go for CD. I am in a similiar situation. I was 17.2 at end of March and now 14.0. I have had 2 lots of IVF with no success and been advised by docs to lose weight as they believe it may help. I have PCOS and didn't have periods for years and the bonus of losing the weight is that my periods are coming back ( albeit all over the place at the moment). It seems to be coming off a little more slowly than with others but I put that down to the PCOS. I need to get down to at most 11.4 so still got a way to go - it isn't the easiest of diets but with determination we'll get there. Like you, this is last chance saloon for me and my dreams of a family.

Good Luck :)

Hi wanttobeslim, Its so tough isn't it. We have been trying over 3 years now and the hardest time of my life. Its one big vicious circle for me, i get my period, get miserable eat,get fatter, get miserable eat!!! We've had all the test and all seams normal. We hav'nt had ivf treatment yet as i've got to loose weight first but i've been on the evil clomid for a few months now, conceived in jan but miscarried april :cry: The doctors seem to think my weight is our problem so its a big incentive to try as hard as i can. I hope we both become yummy mummy's soon!! xx

Back