Extra Easy Does excerise slow down your losses?

iwilldoit

Hi all.

This is my 4th week on SW and so far only lost 2lbs :(. I don't know why it is coming off so slowly, I am wondering if it is the excerise I am doing?

I usually do 3 zumba classes a week and a couple of 3-5mile runs as well.

I am eating lots of speedy foods, like speed soup but the weight isn't coming off. I am measuring my HE's and I save up majority of syns for the weekend (for wine;))

The week I didn't do any excerise as I was ill I lost 1.5lbs, the first week I lost 0.5lbs and last week I stayed the same.

Is it really muscle that I am building that is preventing the losses, what am I doing wrong? If I don't have a loss of at least 2lbs next week I will feel like giving up

Any advice or experience appreciated!

WEEK 1 - 0.5lbs
WEEK 2 - 1.5lbs
WEEK 3 - STS :(

Muscle does wiegh more than fat I know that much! R u new to all this exercise too? If so make sure u drink plenty of water! Also have u been measuring inches as well as weighing yaself cause ya body shape may have changed more than what ya scales show! :) x

I feel your pain!!! I have been having exactly the same issue, the wise ladies on this forum advised me to keep at it and keep drinking a LOT of water. I think as of this week I am starting to see a little progress. After 4 weeks on plan I was down a measly net 1lb. As of this week I am down 3lb from my original weight and I am hoping that my body has now come out of shock (from exercise) and is realizing that it's ok to let some weight go.

I'm roughly the same weight as you and also run 3 or 4 times a week.

good luck, let us know how you get on

Thanks all, no I'm not new to excerise I've done it for years and the running and Zumba for 8 months. I will stick at it and try and increase my water. Not liking the syns every day lol!! But next week maybe I'll try 15 a day. I weigh Monday mornings so I'll let you know how I get on! X

Thanks all, no I'm not new to excerise I've done it for years and the running and Zumba for 8 months. I will stick at it and try and increase my water. Not liking the syns every day lol!! But next week maybe I'll try 15 a day. I weigh Monday mornings so I'll let you know how I get on! X

You may not get away with the weigh in day being a monday and saving your syns to use at the weekend? I weigh in on a thursday (would prefer a fri but there is no group) because I usually have two naughty days (wine- can't help myself) then I have the rest of the week to work it off! If your used to the exercise then you shouldn't be retaining the water from that! Other wise it maybe that you need to use the 15 a day not in the weekend??? Sorry for the bad news.

I started at the same weight near enough and do about the same exercise, running 15-20 miles a week and swimming, i have found the loss really slow TBH and I go with a friend whom does less exercise but her loss is always more???? I would be interested in how you do when you change the routine with the syns though

x

You may not get away with the weigh in day being a monday and saving your syns to use at the weekend? I weigh in on a thursday (would prefer a fri but there is no group) because I usually have two naughty days (wine- can't help myself) then I have the rest of the week to work it off! If your used to the exercise then you shouldn't be retaining the water from that! Other wise it maybe that you need to use the 15 a day not in the weekend??? Sorry for the bad news.

I started at the same weight near enough and do about the same exercise, running 15-20 miles a week and swimming, i have found the loss really slow TBH and I go with a friend whom does less exercise but her loss is always more???? I would be interested in how you do when you change the routine with the syns though

x

May day menu varies as I try not to have the same every day but mainly I have porridge for breakfast with banana, lunch will be speed soup with HE a cheese ( I split my HE a) so half the skimmed milk then half the cheese. Dinner will be chilli with loads of veg in it with rice or SW chips. Snacks will be fruit and yoghurt or more speed soup. On days I am short of time I may snack on noodles or mug shots but these days are rare. All my syns are used at weekend for booze! X

Hi de hi
I have said this to someone else earlier and it may have been yourself so if it is forgive me for repeating but I have had slow losses wanted to give up but keep going, its took me 17 weeks to lose a stone!!!!
As for exercise keep going as you will lose inches and notice the difference in your clothes- as for muscle weighing more than fat it does not!!! a lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle the same as a ton of feathers weighs the same as a ton of lead!! The difference is that muscle takes up less space in the body so you will have both muscle and fat for a time together, also muscle retains water to help it function so if you are exercising and not drinking enough it may seem like you are gaining weight
Keep going strong xx

Hi de hi
I have said this to someone else earlier and it may have been yourself so if it is forgive me for repeating but I have had slow losses wanted to give up but keep going, its took me 17 weeks to lose a stone!!!!
As for exercise keep going as you will lose inches and notice the difference in your clothes- as for muscle weighing more than fat it does not!!! a lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle the same as a ton of feathers weighs the same as a ton of lead!! The difference is that muscle takes up less space in the body so you will have both muscle and fat for a time together, also muscle retains water to help it function so if you are exercising and not drinking enough it may seem like you are gaining weight
Keep going strong xx

Hi!

I am going to stick at it! I enjoy the exercise and will try drinking more to see if that helps, and thinking about it that way a lb is a lb if that be feathers, muscle or anything so makes total sense. They slowly losin is best to keep it off so I should look at that way and I guess we all want it gone yesterday but it wasn't all put on yesterday. I will stick with my training and ensure that my diet is a good healthy balanced one and get there when I get there! Well done on your losses so far and well done on sticking with it even if it took you a little longer than you hoped x

Aww I have my days and its one of them weeks this week!! But i am going to the gym straight from work and am going to work off them crisps I have just munched on lol x

Hi de hi
Keep going strong xx

The same size piece of muscle weighs more than the same size piece of fat - thats what people mean when they say muscle weighs more!!! Of course everyone knows a lb is a lb of anything. So you can gain 1 inch of muscle, lose 3 inches of fat (being 2 inches thinner) but still weigh the same

The same size piece of muscle weighs more than the same size piece of fat - thats what people mean when they say muscle weighs more!!! Of course everyone knows a lb is a lb of anything. So you can gain 1 inch of muscle, lose 3 inches of fat (being 2 inches thinner) but still weigh the same

All I meant is to try to explain that muscle does not weigh more than fat and that the saying is just misleading thats all. Sorry if I didnt explain it in the best way hun

All I meant is to try to explain that muscle does not weigh more than fat and that the saying is just misleading thats all. Sorry if I didnt explain it in the best way hun

Hi,

Was not your explanantion it was mine in the reply! So no worries there, I have a little one running around and I shall blame her for distracting my train of thought! But either way I shall keep plodding on. I have weigh in today and have no idea what to expect, it's been an odd week unable to train as been unwell, diet not been very good as not really eaten so I am hoping to stay the same!

xx

aww its all ok ive gained weight this week so am kickin my backside back to the gym this week not been in 2 days so what if it says more on the scales at least i know im working off inches lol x

Back