Does having only half HEXs affect weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by big bear, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I do red days & some days I end up only having half my hex's

For example today I had

Magic porridge with mixed berries - I didn't have the scan bran/ryvita

Dinner I had gammon, veg & only half the potato allowance

I have all my milk allowance but only occasionally have cheese.

Do you think this may slow down my weight loss, should I make sure I have all HEXs?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would think half would be better than nothing, and if you are getting fibre in your other free foods then it's less likely to affect your losses than otherwise.

My old consultant used to say that whilst you should have your healthy extras, it wouldn't make a difference if you didn't have them, just so long as it wasn't every day.

I might email head office as i'm interested in the official answer as I've seen several different views about it in the last couple of days, which all seem to come from different consultants!

4. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    The HEX's are there to ensure that you get all vital nutrients/fibre etc. They don't have any magic ingredients to make you lose weight so although you should have them for your health's sake, it won't affect your weight loss if you don't have them all.

5. darkangel001

darkangel001 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you should have them for the sake that you are ensuring you are getting all the right nutrients- it should not affect your weight loss if you don't take them- but you should still take them

6. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do extra easy and struggle to get my dairy allowance. I never drink milk, so I get this from cheese, but some days I struggle to get that cheese into my meal plans, and I don't want to just cut off 28g of cheese and eat it for the sake of it, and I can't really say its affected my losses :)

As the others have said, the HEX's are to make sure you are getting enough nutrients and not missing out on the dairy and fibre side of things.

7. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just keep some mini babybel's in the fridge and have two as a snack - A choice DONE!

8. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Interesting topic, I too find I dont have all my HE allowance. I am doing red and green days only so and usually have 28g of shreddies for breakfast, but not the other with it, think its ryvita or something like that. Just dont fancy that and am quite content with the shreddies. Glad it wont affect my weight loss though. Always drink all my 350 skimmed milk allowance though but there again rarely have any cheese, although I do like it. I just find that with everything else I have plenty. Thanks for all this information.

9. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's worth persevering with your HEs particularly as when you get to target you have more HEs in order to maintain.

10. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I'd say it's a bit like putting air into two of your car tyres and not the other two - yes you can do it but you'll run better fully prepared;)

The SW book says you can have up to two of each on red or green days, but it always recommends having at least one of each - even if you don't take the second.

I guess the combination of healthy extras, optomising, weighing (where necessary) and syns - combined with the 1/3 superfree and free are all one formula.

11. Hellywoowoo

Hellywoowoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(28.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really struggle with my A choices - i dont like milk or cheese but i eat alot of VLF natural fromage frais so the theory is i'll get enough calcium from this...surely? :/

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.