Does it annoy you...

What I do find annoying is when someone asks a question, gets some helpful replies, and never bothers to say thank you. I must admit, it doesn't happen often here, but when it does I think it is very rude.

What Jen said :D

What I have also found, is that this is an extremely busy forum, and the SW part is one of the busiest. You can post something, and within 20 minutes or so, it can have disappeared off the first page of threads and so probably gets accidentally ignored rather than deliberately.

I always try to answer as many threads as I can, the ones that I do answer I try to be as truthful and as helpful as I can.

Since my son has been injured though I have to admit that I haven't spent as much time on the board as I used to.

But I never unknowingly snub anybody's thread if I can help it.

I have days when I reply to lots of posts and days when I don't reply to much at all. I tend not to take much notice of the number of people who have read though.

If it's a thread where I can offer support or advice then I try to reply if I have time, I don't often reply to faq's though cos I get a bid fed up of typing the same old thing (sorry!)

I really wouldn't take it personally and I agree that the post can disappear off the page so quickly on here, posts often need a bump up!

Sometimes, but then again, there are squillions of threads to reply to and sometimes I've only got time to skim read them as trying to juggle things in the house at the same time!! Don't take offence! Some days I reply to nearly every post I see, and sometimes I don't comment on any! I'm a longwinded person and not very good at replying with one-liners! I always think there's no point in commenting unless I've got time to be thorough and (hopefully) helpful!!X

It all depends on the thread. I'm alot older than most of you, so I don't tend to do the "young mums" sort of things. I don't watch much tv, same thing. If I feel I have something helpful to say, or if I have a strong point of view I'll wade in. And then other times I'll keep quiet cos I know I'll upset people :p I have ruffled a few feathers in my time!

yes.

Nothing else to add to what others have said, but I don't want to add to your days anxiety xxx

Hi,

I am new to all this but you may see the thread and think you know the answer, however then when you read all of it you don't. Therefore their is no point in commenting. I have read several and gone...mmm dunno. I suppose its all about sharing experience. No point in giving advice unless its worthwhile and correct.

I have a few q's with no replies. However a day later i had several answer for which I was very grateful x

Back