Does it work?

UK-Dancer

I have started calorie counting instead of other diets because I find this one much easier to stick to in the future. However, I'm starting to wonder how it actually works.

I'm eating on average 1500 calories or less a day, and the calculator says that I should be having 2500 a day. So, I am eating 500 - 1000 less. In my diet I have also stopped drinking coca-cola and instead having extra light oasis which is 100+ calories less. Even though I haven't cut chocolate out completely, I have limited myself and now eat fruit whenever I feel hungry instead. I exercise four hours a week, and walk around all day.

I'm wondering whether this is a suitable diet? I am aiming to lose 3ibs - 5ibs a week. How much would I lose on this diet? Sorry, I am just a little confused. :D

I have started calorie counting instead of other diets because I find this one much easier to stick to in the future. However, I'm starting to wonder how it actually works.

I'm eating on average 1500 calories or less a day, and the calculator says that I should be having 2500 a day. So, I am eating 500 - 1000 less. In my diet I have also stopped drinking coca-cola and instead having extra light oasis which is 100+ calories less. Even though I haven't cut chocolate out completely, I have limited myself and now eat fruit whenever I feel hungry instead. I exercise four hours a week, and walk around all day.

I'm wondering whether this is a suitable diet? I am aiming to lose 3ibs - 5ibs a week. How much would I lose on this diet? Sorry, I am just a little confused. :D

You don't really lose that many calories via exercise - a few, but not a huge amount.

If you're eating 1500 calories a day versus 2500 needed, you'll lose 2lbs a week. (3500 calories = 1lbs of weight lost). 2lbs is a safe rate of weight loss, and is sustainable.

Bear in mind that any diet (pretty much) works on the same principles - calorie restriction, so it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're not over on calories.

Id say yes it does work, for me anyway, im cc im having about 1000 -1500 a day, in the last 3 weeks iv lost 8lbs that way, i exersice an hr a day at least wether going for a walk, going on the treadmill, Wii (the Wii is my fave hehe), i have cut out chocolate compleatly and replaced it with home made smoothys and jelly, in plastic cups for when i do get that ''i want something sweet''... so it definatly works, i hope it does for you too

I've already lost 4 pounds! :D

4 LBS is a great start.

I also lost 4 lbs in my first week and it was a great feeling. I get weighed again tonight, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2lbs.

Keep doing what your doing, its obviously working!

Back