• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does it work?

S: 13st7lb C: 11st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 2st3lb(16.4%)
I have started calorie counting instead of other diets because I find this one much easier to stick to in the future. However, I'm starting to wonder how it actually works.

I'm eating on average 1500 calories or less a day, and the calculator says that I should be having 2500 a day. So, I am eating 500 - 1000 less. In my diet I have also stopped drinking coca-cola and instead having extra light oasis which is 100+ calories less. Even though I haven't cut chocolate out completely, I have limited myself and now eat fruit whenever I feel hungry instead. I exercise four hours a week, and walk around all day.

I'm wondering whether this is a suitable diet? I am aiming to lose 3ibs - 5ibs a week. How much would I lose on this diet? Sorry, I am just a little confused. :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 16st2lb C: 15st3lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 0st13lb(5.75%)
I have started calorie counting instead of other diets because I find this one much easier to stick to in the future. However, I'm starting to wonder how it actually works.

I'm eating on average 1500 calories or less a day, and the calculator says that I should be having 2500 a day. So, I am eating 500 - 1000 less. In my diet I have also stopped drinking coca-cola and instead having extra light oasis which is 100+ calories less. Even though I haven't cut chocolate out completely, I have limited myself and now eat fruit whenever I feel hungry instead. I exercise four hours a week, and walk around all day.

I'm wondering whether this is a suitable diet? I am aiming to lose 3ibs - 5ibs a week. How much would I lose on this diet? Sorry, I am just a little confused. :D
You don't really lose that many calories via exercise - a few, but not a huge amount.

If you're eating 1500 calories a day versus 2500 needed, you'll lose 2lbs a week. (3500 calories = 1lbs of weight lost). 2lbs is a safe rate of weight loss, and is sustainable.

Bear in mind that any diet (pretty much) works on the same principles - calorie restriction, so it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're not over on calories.

S: 21st11lb C: 20st13lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 53.6 Loss: 0st12lb(3.93%)
Id say yes it does work, for me anyway, im cc im having about 1000 -1500 a day, in the last 3 weeks iv lost 8lbs that way, i exersice an hr a day at least wether going for a walk, going on the treadmill, Wii (the Wii is my fave hehe), i have cut out chocolate compleatly and replaced it with home made smoothys and jelly, in plastic cups for when i do get that ''i want something sweet''... so it definatly works, i hope it does for you too

S: 13st7lb C: 11st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 2st3lb(16.4%)
I've already lost 4 pounds! :D

G: 9st0lb
4 LBS is a great start.

I also lost 4 lbs in my first week and it was a great feeling. I get weighed again tonight, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2lbs.

Keep doing what your doing, its obviously working!