Does lighter life affect your memory / concentration?

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I'm thinking about starting lighter life. I've done a lot of research and because I'm a teacher, I think that starting straight after Easter will be my best bet, assuming there is any meetings going - it'll take a week or so to meet the counsellor and get doctors permission etc, and then we're into the school hols. The first week I can get all my family visits out of the way, start around 9th April, which will give me a week of hols to get over the ketosis before going back to work.

So all planned out, but with one major flaw - I have an exam in 12 June. it's an important one, 3 hrs long. I'll need to do major revision for it and needed to know whether lighter life will affect my memory or concentration during this time or during the exam - any ideas?

Thanks!

I have heard that some people say they have a problem with this but I haven't had any issues at all. My job is very mind focussed and I haven't noticed any difference in my cognitive abilities - and I've been on the diet since the end of July.

I have actually found that I am more focussed than ever. I used to get that horrible "after-carbs" thing where all I wanted to do was sleep after a meal. Now I eat and i am up and about. Sometimes, in the first few weeks you can feel a bit ropey first thing in the morning until you have eaten, but otherwise i have felt great. If you are allowed, make sure you have plenty of water in your exam or even half a bar to nibble on if you get hungry. otherwise just make sure you eat just before you go in. I am sure you will be fine. You will be well used to the plan by that time.

I have heard that some people say they have a problem with this but I haven't had any issues at all.

Back