Does losing weight mean losing your sense of humour?

hehe thanks for the compliment on my name ;)
fatty murphy is clearly jealous of ur weight loss :)
xxx

Not got much to say on the subject of fat versus thin or thinner ( us ) except on the subject of your adversary Minimus.....

Instead of Levi's 501s he wears Levi's 1002s

PMSL - hey, Fatty Murphy lost 8lb on his first week! - he doesn't like fruit or veg (or at least doesn't enterrtain eating it!) his is a low/zero carb high protein diet.

Probably his version of Atkins.

He did have a subway salad one day last week which impressed me. All joking aside, we do get on great but the sniping comments were a little out of order.

In fairness, he is buzzing from the loss and looks like he might get to like losing weight each week. It's good for someone else on the squad to be in the spotlight:D

damn right, its about time he took some of the shine away from u, any brighter and youd need a socket put in ur bum :eek: :giggle: xxxx

:eek:Shut up man! woman man! (as we say in the northeast) lol

And as for you lady! - words fail me........

yeah right:D

Words fail you. Never !!!:D

:giggle:

Hi there i just wanted to say that since losing weight and and dress sizes i notice im confident in public but my husband and other friends have said that because i no longer drink when we go out that i dont seem to be myself i no longer start a conversation and have a laugh all evening these mainly come from my husbands male friends more than my female ones but i personally think this has made me better i remember whats happened and im the one in control of me not drink.

sorry went of the track a little there.:)

Well good for you Chocaslim! You took charge.

I think sometimes some people are perhaps a little insecure about themselves and their own habits or hang-ups.

The key word here is control. You choose to be in control - be it food, booze or whatever. Same as I do. I haven't had a drink for some 15/16 months (November 2009) though I will have a drink on my sirst evening on holiday in Florida (May 1st). I might just have one, I might have several - I can't judge the mood in advance lol. Point is, I will make the decision.

I am not sure if I suit being teetotal, or being teetotal suits me. One thing I do know is being drunk and the associated recovery period didn't suit me lol.

I've been thinking a lot about this ...

Here's my dilemma. My life turned upside down in 2002 and for the next say - 6-7 years I really went through the mill. It changed me almost completely. These days I am known as a someone who is not intimidated by anyone or anything and who has a reputation for fast, sharp one liners. Ascerbic. Shrewish. You get the idea. :D The remarks will be against myself as much as anyone else in fairness. Think Jo Brand meets Frankie Boyle.

Now this no-nonsense me came into being at a time I was piling on the lard. A very nasty divorce and an even nastier car crash affected me psychologically and physically. So - what will happen as I shed this weight? The fat has been a kind of shield I admit. Being fat means I can almost be sexless. Outside the loop - a flesh burka. I'm 47 soon - in part losing weight now is connected with feeling it's almost "safe" for me to do so now I'm on the old side. :D

I don't think I'll revert to the bit of a sap I was before. But will people's attitude towards me change? And how will that affect me? It's rather scary. :eek:

"Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up, and smile for a satellite picture."

"I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time." So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

That's the thing that's bothering me too, Medusa.
When I get to target - who will I be?

I like your phrase "a flesh burka" - that's what I always hid behind, too.
Recently I've had a new identity "the one that's losing all the weight", which, again, has enabled me to focus on one thing, and has been, in away, something else to hide behind.
But, in only 5lb, I won't have that any more, either.
Who will I be????

(Oh, and just so as not to keep this all too deep: it wasn't until his wife died that my father in law went to the audiologist: by this time he was profoundly deaf and needed a very powerful hearing aid. The doctor asked why he hadn't gone before: "Oh, I've managed", he said; "but there's just no point in being deaf any more.")

I've been thinking a lot about this ...

Here's my dilemma. My life turned upside down in 2002 and for the next say - 6-7 years I really went through the mill. It changed me almost completely. These days I am known as a someone who is not intimidated by anyone or anything and who has a reputation for fast, sharp one liners. Ascerbic. Shrewish. You get the idea. :D The remarks will be against myself as much as anyone else in fairness. Think Jo Brand meets Frankie Boyle.

Now this no-nonsense me came into being at a time I was piling on the lard. A very nasty divorce and an even nastier car crash affected me psychologically and physically. So - what will happen as I shed this weight? The fat has been a kind of shield I admit. Being fat means I can almost be sexless. Outside the loop - a flesh burka. I'm 47 soon - in part losing weight now is connected with feeling it's almost "safe" for me to do so now I'm on the old side. :D

I don't think I'll revert to the bit of a sap I was before. But will people's attitude towards me change? And how will that affect me? It's rather scary. :eek:

"Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up, and smile for a satellite picture."

"I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time." So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

I'm 46-and-a-half - maybe it is a sort of mid-life crisis? Then again, I'm feeling better and more positive than I have for years.

Maybe the catalyst was the end of a long-term relationship for me too, though it wasn't the direct reason for it. That ended on good terms and no recriminations etc.

Burying a good friend last Summer got my arse into gear and made me have a long, hard look at myself. Drastic perhaps, but the only weightloss program that's ever worked properly!

My initial post was more to do with a few barbed comments from a couple of people who couldn't commit themselves to lose weight.

I'm gonna steal your one-liners by the way:p

Steve

Steal away. :D They're not mine - they belong to Steven Wright.

I've not had any barbed comments yet - possibly they're too scared, or it's about time I stopped wearing such baggy clothes. :D Are people more wary about commenting on a woman's weight than a man's I wonder? :confused:

Sorry to get all deep and meaningful. :eek:

Try some Milton Jones to balance it out...:cool:

“I’d just like to say to the old man who was wearing camouflage gear and using crutches, who stole my wallet earlier: ‘you can hide, but you can’t run.’"

'Does an earl who gets an OBE become an earlobe?'

'I was walking along the road the other day and on the pavement i saw a white baby ghost. However, come to think of it, it may have been a tissue.'

That's the thing that's bothering me too, Medusa.
When I get to target - who will I be?

I like your phrase "a flesh burka" - that's what I always hid behind, too.
Recently I've had a new identity "the one that's losing all the weight", which, again, has enabled me to focus on one thing, and has been, in away, something else to hide behind.
But, in only 5lb, I won't have that any more, either.
Who will I be????

(Oh, and just so as not to keep this all too deep: it wasn't until his wife died that my father in law went to the audiologist: by this time he was profoundly deaf and needed a very powerful hearing aid. The doctor asked why he hadn't gone before: "Oh, I've managed", he said; "but there's just no point in being deaf any more.")

I really hope I can still be the me I've become over these last few years - I don't want to discover thinner me becomes me-lite personality wise. I've worked damn hard to become this much of a pain in the arse. :D

Your joke did make me laugh - years ago my mum packed my dad off to the docs as she insisted he was going deaf - he never heard what she said. Living in a small village dad knew his GP socially and once he'd explained what the problem is the doctor just shook his head and said "Don't worry Terry. I don't listen to Sarah either". :D

Bloke goes to the doctors and says "Doctor, I can't pronounce the letters F, N and T"

So the doctor says "Well, you can't say fairer than that"

:p

Back