Does this sound like a healthy eating plan?

Im trying to eat healthier to get more energy and to be less
reliable on convience foods. Im 5ft 5.5 and 8st 12 want to be 8st

Breakfast-Special K with semi skimmed milk
Lunch-Large salad of lettuce,cucumber and spring onions with some lean ham and balsamic vinegar
Snack-fruit salad
Dinner-should be some lean meat and veg with some gravy

I feel great!! :D Am i doing OK?

Isn't 8 stone a little low for your height?

8st seems too low, I'm 5ft 4 and would never want to be 8st you should steer clear from dieting, you dont want to be skin and bones.

Depends on your portion sizes, and I would add some carbs for energy. I agree with the others, 8 stone sounds way too low.

Im trying to eat healthier to get more energy and to be less
reliable on convience foods. Im 5ft 5.5 and 8st 12 want to be 8st

Breakfast-Special K with semi skimmed milk
Lunch-Large salad of lettuce,cucumber and spring onions with some lean ham and balsamic vinegar
Snack-fruit salad
Dinner-should be some lean meat and veg with some gravy

I feel great!! :D Am i doing OK?

It sounds OK BUT...

Breakfast - Replace Special K for something like bran flakes/weetabix/shredded wheat (less sugar and stuff!) and make sure you are weighing out the amount of cereal and milk you are allowed as you'd be surprised by how much extra we all think we should put in our bowls!!

Lunch - Sounds good but you could shake it up by adding a wholemeal roll for some fibre & energy and maybe replacing the ham for prawns or tuna or salmon or similar. A good lunch is wholemeal toast and 1/2 a tin of baked beans and the baked beans count as 1 of your 5 a day!

For snacks you could have fat free yogurt with fruit crudites? (just watch the potion size!)

Dinner - I would definately add carbs and or sweet potatoes instead of ordinary potatoes. Try to have fish more often than meat and vary the types of carbs you eat.

As a rule try to have 1/4 meat/fish 1/4 carbs (brown rice/ brown pasta/ potatoes etc) and 1/2 veggies if you can picture this as a pie chart!

Otherwise it's pretty good :) Just make sure you are eating enough calories or else you'll be burning muscle mass and not fat! (or something like that!)

Back