Does using 105 syns throughout the week work for you?

matt9210

I've just been to Nandos, and stupidly didn't have my low syn option as planned!

I know Slimming World officially say 5-15 syns per day, but know others stick to a 105 syn total throughout the week. Does this work for you?

I've had 32 syns today, so looking to keep them to a minimum tomorrow or Sunday.

I've been doing it thatway as it is easier for me,i have takeaways every week and drinks,so 70 syns could go in one night,but takeno note of me as i am new

I always see it as a total rather than a daily thing, it's worked well for me so far - I don't need to use syns most days but when I need them I tend to need them in less restrictive amounts!

My syns vary from day to day. I don`t always use them all but if at the begining of the week I go over I just cut down the rest of thr week.

Some days I have no syns other days 30 syns... it hasn't affected my weekly losses. I think it counts as the week as a whole (as we get weighed weekly) rather than daily.

Try not to worry... you enjoyed Nandos, get back on track today and have a few less syns to compensate. xx

I think it all depends on the individual = what works for one won't necessarily work for others. A possible problem is that if you've had most of your syns early in the week, you might feel "deprived" as the week goes on and you have no syns, and that might cause you to fall off the wagon.

Having said that, I have always worked on the 105 for the week schedule. I have no problem living without chocolate or crisps in the week, but I do like my wine at the weekend! It has worked fine for me. Why not give it a go for a couple of weeks, and if it turns out that you are not seeing the losses you want, then go back to daily rations?

It was always encouraged by SW to use syns weekly if needed, I'm not really sure when or why they changed it to daily? I think possibly its one of those things they changed in order for members to avoid binging and using all their syns in one go.

Personally I don't see that there is any reason why it wouldn't work. I think its good to mix it up and have different amounts daily. I mean, you don't necessarily want to eat syns for the sake of it one day if you would rather use them for a bit of a splurge on another. For some, I think it can make or break the diet.
I would say possibly the only time it wouldn't work, for me anyway, was if I was using a majority of syns at the weekend and getting weighed on a Monday!

Thanks for all the replies!

Nice to see it seems to work for the majority of you. I had 7 syns yesterday and 10 syns today, so in terms of a weekly count, I'm only 4 over (which I can hold back tomorrow) and I get weighed on Tuesday. It's the first time I've done it like this. In the past I've either carried on as normal, or lowered my syns but not necessarily kept track of how many I had on the off plan day.

Hoping to see a pound and a half off for that 4 stone award, feels like it's been looming over me forever!

Good luck with your weigh-in. And well done for losing nearly 4 stone to date, excellent weight loss. xx

I always use my syns as a weekly total. I eat out once and often twice a week, so if I didn't I'd be stuffed! It's never affected my weight loss :)

Well it seemed to work, as I lose 2lbs this week and got my 4 stone award, which I'm chuffed with! :D

I'll use the weekly syn countdown in the future when I know I've got something planned. I feel more comfortable sticking to daily syns but at least I know there's less chance of putting on doing this than going over my weekly syn limit.

Woohoo well done on your 4 stone award!! :party0011:

Back