does xenical make you feel sick?

Tamzy1989

Gold Member
ive been on xenical for over a month and after that time ive been feeling as if i;m going to throw up every time i eat. i dont want to blame the tablets because it could be anything else but has this happened to anyone?

hey jaquirsw I thought i was the only one, i've been feeling like i wanna throw up for a couple of days now so i decided i'm going to cut out milk from my diet and see how i get on.

Yeah, I have found that dairy whether low fat or not is one of the main culprits for me. I spoke to my Dr about it this morning and he reassured me that it can be a side effect but is one of the more unusual ones that people get (so it wasn't in my head)
For me even semi skimmed milk can do it which is not great as hubby hates skimmed so I have resorted to buying different for each of us and just coping if there is a bit of waste cos I don't have that much of it anyway.

Yeah, I have found that dairy whether low fat or not is one of the main culprits for me. I spoke to my Dr about it this morning and he reassured me that it can be a side effect but is one of the more unusual ones that people get (so it wasn't in my head)
For me even semi skimmed milk can do it which is not great as hubby hates skimmed so I have resorted to buying different for each of us and just coping if there is a bit of waste cos I don't have that much of it anyway.

Thats the same problem i have in my house, no one like skimmed milk, so i have to stick to semi-skimmed even though i dont really want it, but i do like soya milk so ive started using that since today and i found out that i dont feel as ill, apart from the fact that i over ate today caloriewise, thank god it wasnt fat contents.

Just a thought, but are either of you on any other meds?

One of my other meds regularly makes me feel sick within 20 mins of taking it. We know which one it is (and its not Xenical), but alas its one I can't change.

Don't know if it will help you, but what I do now is eat a gingernut biscuit when I take that particular pill..and that helps immensely (and Xenical doesn't appear to disagree with the biscuit intake :D )
The ginger works wonders on other forms of sickness too, including travel-sick dogs! There's always a pack of gingernuts in this house...for either me, or my dogs :D

Just a thought, but are either of you on any other meds?

One of my other meds regularly makes me feel sick within 20 mins of taking it. We know which one it is (and its not Xenical), but alas its one I can't change.

Don't know if it will help you, but what I do now is eat a gingernut biscuit when I take that particular pill..and that helps immensely (and Xenical doesn't appear to disagree with the biscuit intake :D )
The ginger works wonders on other forms of sickness too, including travel-sick dogs! There's always a pack of gingernuts in this house...for either me, or my dogs :D

apart from being diabetic and taking my insulin and having an implant in my arm thats all the meds i have, i'm starting to think that it might be indegestion or something, its day 2 for me being dairy free so lets see how i get on. thanks for the advise on the ginge biscuits, will definately try that in the morning which is when i feel really ill.

yea i've checked that already, im definately not, thats the last thing i want right now as i'm trying to lose weight plus in my mind i still feel very young, thats why i got the implant in the first place and i'm here trying to find the propper reason of whats happening to me as i dont feel happy anymore. the gp will be my next stop.

Thanks hells belle, i'm feeling alright now, was starting to think i was really pregnant lol even though i knew i wasnt, i'm currently on medication and its going pretty well so thank god for that, it was very annoying feeling nauseous at that time of morning. went to the gp today and she asked me about my eating habits and what i do during the day time and apparantly i'm not eating enough or often enough so i need to work on that.

hope all is well with you.

xx

Back