Does your consultant weigh you herslf?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im just wondering if you guys have your actual consultant weighing you or someone who helps in class?
In all the other groups on various diets ive been on its always been the consultant but at my slimming world class its just 2 women who do it and i cant help getting the feeling that im missing on advise maybe?
Its not affecting my losses mind its just something i wondered. :confused:

My C doesnt weigh us she has a helper but she always talks to me after ive been weighed to see how i got on, and whether to tell me off or give me praise Lol. Our meetings are a bit rushed as they are lunchtime, and have 85 people coming through the door in the lunch hour, so we do not have the talks after weigh in, or raffles or anthing like that :( xx

Ah.... Mine is also a big class, around 100 people but most stay for a talk after - Maybe its just a logistics thing!

I think most classes have the helpers weigh you in while the consultant talks to the newbies then the consultant takes over when the image therapy starts.

HTH

When i 1st started years ago it was the consultant then she asked me to do the weigh in at the class i went to on tuesday there was 2 ladies helping 1 taking money one doing weigh in x

I think most classes have the helpers weigh you in while the consultant talks to the newbies then the consultant takes over when the image therapy starts.

HTH

That's how my class works!

My class is a helper too, the consultant is either talking to new people or milling around chatting to people who have been weighed though that's unusual. When we all sit around for image therapy we have chance to discuss problems etc. She's also happy to chat afterwards if we want to keep it private.

This week was amusing though as first week with the cards and utter chaos.:8855:

You'll be very lucky if the consultant weighs you. They usually do the new member talk and even if there are no new members that week, they still won't weigh in.

You are not missing out on valuable advice, that's what Image Therapy is for. I do the weighing for my group and believe me, there's no time for giving out any advice as I have 30 mins to weigh everyone, there's no time for chatter!

However, you'll probably find that the WI person is pretty clued up - I've been going for 3 years and help people a lot if the consultant isn't available.

Now that sounds good Jaylou - unfortunately I think our 'weigh in lady' has lost the ability to smile or indeed communicate!
As I said it doesnt affect me personally - Just one of my ponderings

Oh dear!! I must say I'm always happy to see the people at group but I'm on a mission to whip through them as quickly as possible and sometimes feel rude if I have to move people on!

At my class it's a helper who weighs us as well, but our consultant sits at the table with her and the other helper who takes the money and chats to you as you get weighed, assuming there's no new starts. Ours is quite a small class.

I went to a different class of hers before and it was the same there too, and it was a busier class.

I don't mind keeping the queue moving but would a smile kill her? I think quite possibly it would ;)

My Consultant will sit with the new members and go through the plan with them whilst weigh in is happening. Like the others have said, thats what Image Therapy is for if you are looking for advice as the chances are that someone else is looking for the same advice too.
I occasionally help weigh and must admit that I love it..that sharing of nervous anticipation as each member gets on the scales is a great thing to talk about. Your weigh lady sounds like a right misery!! :)

She is Mrs V!!
Me and my sister have a laugh about it because she lost 5 stones on the plan and says she was miserable when she was over weight - we always say if she is this miserable now, what was she like before!!

Lucky you Scanbran x

I've only been to one SW so far and the consultant weighed me. At WW the leader did it for a few weeks and then it was a helper as the newbies tend to be weighed by leader.

One of the helpers at my group lost 5 stones in 24 weeks!!!!!
I eye her suspiciously ;)

Back