Does your hubby /partner know your weight??

Interesting thread!

My OH doesnt know my weight, and I don't want him too, at 4 stone heavier than him it would be too crushing for me to tell him, even though I know he really wouldnt care!! He is wonderfully supportive every day, always asking how I've done and about syns, and happy to eat anything I cook. I always say the day I will be happy with my weight is the day I can step on the scales in front of everybody...!

I've even found myself not mentioning things like Club 10 (which I'm very near) as I worry that people will work out what 10% of my weight is and work out my real weight!!! OMG, that sounds pathetic written down!!

For me it stems back to Year 8 at school in Biology, we were doing a project on the human body and everyone in the class had to get weighed at the front, then we were going to work out the average weight for our age.. I was 13, 5' 7" and weighed 11 stone, and I was the heaviest is the class! A size 14!Not even overweight for my height! But it broke my heart, being the heaviest...

Oops... sorry for the flashback!! LOL!! xxxxxx

Interesting thread!

I've even found myself not mentioning things like Club 10 (which I'm very near) as I worry that people will work out what 10% of my weight is and work out my real weight!!! OMG, that sounds pathetic written down!!
xxxxxx

This was me too, i just skirted over the sticker and then he was like 'oh whats that' and i was like - 'oh i got that a while back'.....i think you and i are very similar in our devious ways hun!!! xxx

Indeed EB, sometimes we have to be a little devious, being so saintly on the plan and all.. :eek:)
One day I will shout my weight from the rooftops! xxx

I never told my OH what my weight was when we first got together - I told him I didn't know what it was and I wasn't bothered by my weight, when in fact I did know my weight and I WAS bothered. I think he knew it upset me.

But then when I started SW I thought it was time to be honest with myself and my OH and tell him my weight. He has been, and still is, very supportive regarding SW.

My OH is one of the only people who does know my weight. I was slim when we met 5 years ago and lots of convenience food + 2 kids later I've gained around 5 stones. I've never seen the point in keeping my weight from him as he sleeps at the side of me every night, so it pretty obvious I'm overweight now. I think maybe another reason I feel comfortable telling him my weight, is because I don't feel like this "fat person" is me (which is odd, because it definitely is!). I suppose I sort of see this stage of my life (weight-wise) as a bit of a blip. That probably sounds strange doesn't it?! Does anyone else feel like that, or am I just odd?

This IS interesting, just read through all of this and can identify with a lot of it. Mr Diva has known for years my weight, and I wasn't a skinnyminny when we met !! I have hidden it from previous partners, well not exactly hidden it as it showed haha !! They never had any weight problems ever...... Mr Diva has been 'normal' sized, much bigger, lost it, then regained two thirds of it back and is now slowly dropping it with me. He really understands about it, and that really helps, and it's just a number......isn't it ???

yep my oh knows my weight!
didnt see any reason to not tell him so he's known all along.
plus he does have an account here after i kept blabbering on about how fab it is so if he ever reads along he'd see it anyway,lol!!
likewise i've always known his!!
he's lost 7 stone on sw and wants to lose another stone-very proud of him.

I have never hidden it from Mr Pogle, but I've also never made a point of telling him. I don't know if he could actually tell you how much I weigh, because I think that it just doesn't matter to him, so he doesn't really take it in. He does always know what dress size I am at any given time though!

My boyfriend knows what i am and knows i've put on a stone since meeting him nearly 2 years ago. At end of the day if he dnt like me he won't be going out with me will he? Its a number and i really dnt care really i'm doing this for myself not him nor anyone else.... Relax ladies they obviously dnt care wat u are they love u x x

only 3 people know my weight me, my sw consultant and my hubby i kept it from him for the first 3 weeks as was in shock at how much it actually was . He's looking rather worried right now though as he made a deal that when i had lost 3 stone he would quit smoking hehehe not long to wait :)

My hubby did not know my weight until way after we got married in July 2009. I started SW April 2010 and then showed him the book. He was not shocked and said well darling....it makes no difference I still love you the same!! He knows my entire wardrobe size..the only thing he did laugh at was me throwing away all the coat hangers that have stickers on them saying Size 24, Size 22 and so on. I will only allow those with Size 18/16 now as that's my new size. If I see a bigger hanger its gotta go!!

My boyfriend knows my weight and dress size, doesn't bother me in the slightest that he knows and I am still the most beautiful person in the world to him :)

I can identify with a lot of the comments on here - the only people that know my weight are myself and my SW consultant! (and everyone on here lol)

It seems silly but i've always been shy about it and my OH has never asked me outright so i've never felt a need to tell him - not that he would be bothered in the slightest if I did! I really don't know why I feel so embarassed about it come to think of it :eek:

Weight is such a personal thing, my best mate who i go to group with knows my weight, and my C.
I told my hubbie i was 4 and a half stone ish heavier than when we got married which was 10 years ago, so if he remembers that i was 9st he will work out that i was 13 and a half stone when i started, but i have never said it out loud.
However he always asks how i have done and how much i have lost altogether.
And is very proud of my weightloss so far.

yes my oh knows my weight we have been together 24 years and just like post above he says that he loves me no matter what size or weight i am but how chuffed am i that i now weigh less than him first time in our life together:)

Yes my partner knows my weight, clothes size and bra size. He's the first one i'll tell how I've got on in class too and he'll be proud of me whatever happens. I know he loves me as I am and he tells me I'm pretty and sexy all the time but I want to feel it and see it when I look at myself.

My Oh does not know what i weigh and neither does my DD who tries to look at the scales when at weight in. When i lost 5 stone a long time ago and got down to 13 stone I still never let anyone know what i weighed. May be when i get to target i will let everyone know my target weight and what i was at the beginning!!

Back