Does your hubby /partner know your weight??

My hubby knows how much I weigh, as we are both doing SW and weighing at home.
I was a bit embarrassed to tell him my starting weight though, at only 4 foot 11, 11 stone 2 sounded a lot :(
Don't think he listened though, as he got it into his head that I had told him I had been 13 stone at the start. :rolleyes:

Michelle

Id rather jump of a cliff than weigh infront of my partner or tell him, he knows this , ive always had a problem with telling anyone what i weigh, i wish i didnt feel like this but i do ...... maybe one day i'll turn the corner, getting on the scales with the class leader is horrid but i did it, so i feel sorry for anyone who has to keep their weight to them self x

My boyfriend doesnt know my weight, i tell him how many lbs ive lost ect but he doesnt know my start weight ect
but i know his

the reason i dont tell him is im not far behind his weight on the scales, so i find it embarrasing if he knew i was near the same as him

silly i know, but hey ho :eek:

I don't tell my hubby usually but did let it slip a few weeks ago. He wasn't at all bothered and we made a joke that I would soon be the same weight as him! He is 12 stone and eats terribly but never puts on weight! Don't ya just love em?!

when I met my oh 3 1/2 years ago I was just under 10 st - thru illness and then having to have brain surgery my weights crept up (well more like leapt up lately:cry:) and although he obviously knows, I never actually told him the 'numbers'. That was until march when we were told I needed more brain surgery and he was there when they did the flipping pre op checks....honest I was mortified! I was 2 stone heavier than him:eek: his face was a picture :eek: so here I am anyway on the road to recovery from the op and 16lb lighter in 7 weeks with the promise of christmas in mexico if I work really hard with my physio and get walking without crutches again ;)
Just wanted to say well done on losing the 16lb in 7 weeks. I really hope you get to spend Christmas in Mexico and that the physio is going really well for you hun x

the reason i dont tell him is im not far behind his weight on the scales, so i find it embarrasing if he knew i was near the same as him

silly i know, but hey ho :eek:

I've always weighed more than my hubby and i used to feel the same way as you, but he either likes and wants you for you (regardless of that little number) or he doesn't. I'vbe spoken to an ex about whether or not my weight was ever an issue for him and he assured me that it never was - he said i made it more of an issue because in my head it was.

My boyfriend has always known my weight. Never really felt it an issue with him about my weight and my size in clothes. In fact I find him the best person to take shopping with me as he will be honest and tell me if I look good in something or if I look fat. He is actually pretty good in picking out clothes :D

No, nobody does (well except you guys lol) but even though I a) dont look my full weight (odd as im short) and b) its me its somethign im deeply ashamed off and dont want anyone to know until im happy with the number/clothes size

No, nobody does (well except you guys lol) but even though I a) dont look my full weight (odd as im short) and b) its me its somethign im deeply ashamed off and dont want anyone to know until im happy with the number/clothes size

I could have written the exact same words as you. I feel completely the same. I have a friend who always asks how much I've lost but some days I think she is trying to trick me into saying how much I really weigh. No way only you guys know the truth !!

A few months back my other half and I decided to challenge each other to see how much weight we could lose in a week on our respective diets. He was and still is on the slim fast and I was obvioulsy following the SW plan.
And then came the hitch, we had to weigh ourselves. I asked if I could just say how much I lost, he said no in case I cheated!
So anyway after tears and feeling sick for a few hours whilst thinking about it I finally refused to weigh in front of him and until this day he still doesn't know what I weigh!

I just can't face it. I know he will love me just the same so its not an issue with him, its just me :(.

However like I think somebody else mentioned I tell him everyweek how much I have lost (or gained :eek:) and I'm sure at some point he will realise just how heavy I am.

A few months back my other half and I decided to challenge each other to see how much weight we could lose in a week on our respective diets. He was and still is on the slim fast and I was obvioulsy following the SW plan.
And then came the hitch, we had to weigh ourselves. I asked if I could just say how much I lost, he said no in case I cheated!
So anyway after tears and feeling sick for a few hours whilst thinking about it I finally refused to weigh in front of him and until this day he still doesn't know what I weigh!

I just can't face it. I know he will love me just the same so its not an issue with him, its just me :(.

However like I think somebody else mentioned I tell him everyweek how much I have lost (or gained :eek:) and I'm sure at some point he will realise just how heavy I am.

:winner: When we have both lost over 8 stone they may get an idea I guess !!!!!!

Noooooooooooo way will I tell my hubby my weight :eek::eek:

I weight every friday and make my other half weight straight after me so I dont feel alone lol, so yeah, he does see my weight :)

My Hubby knows my weight. When we went for our surgery, we were asked at the time if we wanted to hide it from each other, I said it didnt matter, as I wasnt going to be this size again.
My body fat percentage was way higher than his his though and that was embarrasing!

My partner does now but I did initially feel embaressed as I am only 5 foot 4 and he is 6 foot 1 yet I still weighed nearly 2 stone more than him.:(

I am now about a stone less than him so dont mind sharing with him, especially when I report my losses each week. :D

My fella knows my weight, he is the only person (other than My mum and some friends) who know my weight, I just opened up to him. Was the best thing I did, I tell him everything anyway, and i mean everything so why not my weight, it wont change how he feels about me. Also from the age of 18 he has always been 12.7, so I said to him when I get to his weight I will let him pick me up (Ive never let him pick me up lol) so anyway each week when i get weighed he along with my mum are the people I tell, anyway he said to me so you must be there now, I said nearly there :) He weighed himself the other day because he was boasting how his weight never changes.... drum roll please, he is now 13.9! oops! he looks great for it, but he was mortified, he said im the feeder Lol because im loosing and hes gaining, his argument is that because I now weigh less than him he should be allowed to pick me up, but thats not the deal! :) xx

ive never told my fiance how much i weigh - he is 6'4" and i used to weigh 2 stones more than him.....now i weigh 1.5 stones less nearly - !!!

He picked me up off the stairs yesterday and i was like 'put me down!!!' imagining all the damage being done to his back.

I think if he asked me i would tell him, but he has never said my weight is an issue - he loves me for me. Whatever size....unless i got to the stage where i am bedbound...he might not be so keen then! xxx

I did write a big long post, but then my internet crashed (awesome!).

Basically, I've always been open about my weight, friends, boyfriend, family - whoever.
I totally understand those of you who don't feel comfortable enough to tell people - I've just always found it so much easier to be open about it; then, if/when I do lose weight, people will know how much I've achieved! :)

Plus, my boyfriend still adores me, despite the fact we got together when I was at my skinniest. He's 6'1" and less than 11st, whilst I'm 5'6" and over 12st. I thought he'd go off me as I gained weight, but not at all! He's never been disgusted by my weight, even when I am, which I just take as a big positive!

Back