Does your mind play tricks on you?

SkinkWitch

I've got the power
Do those of you who've lost a fair bit of weight have trouble believing that you have actually lost it?
I look in the mirror and I think I look the same as when I was 3 stone heavier.
Also not many people have commented on my loss, which is really making me feel insecure about it, I wasn't a huuuge person when I started this so a 3 stone loss should be obvious, I only have a stone left to target, honestly I would have thought people would notice...
Perhaps they have noticed but they think I might be ill LOL.
So that puts doubt in my mind, am I still fat?! do I need to lose more than 1 more stone?
Anyone else had this problem? :wave_cry:

yep, I never really see it until I put on my old 24 Jeans.I have I still have a stone or so to go but I do think it takes a good while for your head to catch up.

Yeah I know what you mean, it was 3 stone or so I had lost before anyone noticed, albeit I was a big lad. Dont forget that people would rather slag you off for been fat than praise you for been slim.
You must never lose sight of the main reason for losing weight is for you and you alone, anything or anyone else comes 2nd.
Must say though when the compliments do start coming in, just grin smugly to yourself and cherish it, especially the ones who use to take the pi55.
Im not a poser by a long shot, but I do look in the mirror a little more often than I did........ in disbelief! lol xx

It's an odd one but when I look in the mirror I can see I have lost weight and know that i am no longer big BUT do I feel slim?? Not sure! Takes the mind a little time to catch up with the body me thinks!

Gx

Yeah hun same here its hard to believe sometimes and Gaz is right people would rather slag you off than praise you!! I think it does take a while for our minds to catch up hun but it will do soon xxx
P.s sorry about the size lol xxx

lol ignore the size thing!

thank god for that phewww! xx

Lol i like massive Gaz dont worry! xx

Back