"Doesn't she have a lovely face"?

laughed out loud! I've had the "you've got beautiful skin"..."arent your wrists tiny" (yup its just that rest of me thats a lard arse!!)...mind you much better than one of my aunts who just directly told me how fat I was at my grannys funeral!! Just what I needed on one of the worst days of my life! I guess what I value most are the family and friends who've seen beyond the flab and loved me regardless and ts made me really the fact that they have loved me and we share in the joy of "the real me" emerging. Its brought us closer and has meant so much to me! Mind you I wont be a stunner even when I'm slim but at least I'll be happy even without top model status!! A happy minger!! So come on girls more bizarre comments!

This thread made me laugh:D

I've always been told "you have such a lovely face", oh and "your hair is gorgeous" oh and "she's so pretty if she lost weight she'd be stunning" ffs did they not realise I'm a rebelious, stubborn woman that when hearing these comments didn't think quick sign me up to WW/SW etc but stuff you and headed for the desert tray:mad:

Since having my Gastric Bypass 11 weeks ago I've lost just over 3 stone and the most annoying thing ever is everyone sayong "OMG your face is so slim now" wtf? the one thing I never had issues about was my face now I'm thinking OMG was it really that bad?:(

Since the weight has started coming off my skinny friends have all warned me that once I'm at goal they wont go out with me for at least 2 years:eek: jeez do they think in 2 years I'll have grown warts on my face n maybe have a few wrinkles......competition is what they are thinking.....funny thing is even at my biggest they couldn't come close to competing....as this pretty face is a sassy sex goddess...with charm and intellect....which she has used year in year out upon hearing their snide face comments ha ha:D

Ooops I did go on a bit didn't I? lol

Ooh, I'm so with you on this one! It is so hard to take a compliment gracefully, when you know full well what they are really thinking!

These are the same people who probaly will pretend they havnt noticed youve lost several stones of weight rather than give you a genuine complement cos what they are really thinking is gawd about time she did something , she was huge"!""" I actually had a horrrible experience last week at the gym, wher I have been a somewhat spasmodic visitor for a number of years. I saw two women (not slim by any means) who had seen me just a few months ago pre LL at my top weight and they both clocked the fact, could tell by the smug looks on their faces. This time nearly 4 stone lighter I expected something some comment but no both just completely ignored the fact! I later overheard them talking in the shower discussing my weight loss it went like this
' x has loss weight did you see'
'yeah but she needed to she was massive'
'she looks better'
'shame she lost the fat but kept all l the skin though'
sniggers.....
I could have died !
Sod the lot of em we will have the last laugh.
Keep strong girls love to you all

I'm a bit late on this thread:eek:

Blast....nobody ever tells me I have a lovely face:eek: No idea why:confused: I have 2 eyes, one nose, a pair of lips and a couple of ears (admittedly...they don't work well...actually, nor do the eyes:eek:), but it's on the top of my neck, which is a damn slight better than if it was elsewhere.

People are so picky don't you think:D

I laughed when I went to the hairdressers after I changed my hair colour at home and she said, "wow, it is amazing how the colour makes your face look so much thinner!"- that and losing 3 1/2 stone...

yes but we have to remember
wen we loose our weight we will still be pretty :) n be thin
wheras they wil still be ugly, jealous and sad underneath :)

xxx

I'm a bit late on this thread:eek:

Blast....nobody ever tells me I have a lovely face:eek: No idea why:confused: I have 2 eyes, one nose, a pair of lips and a couple of ears (admittedly...they don't work well...actually, nor do the eyes:eek:), but it's on the top of my neck, which is a damn slight better than if it was elsewhere.

People are so picky don't you think:D

I am sure you are beautiful! And if peeps are so picky not to notice then bum to them!!!

and so say! LOL

xxxx

Sorry to come to this late but had to just add my personal favourite - "Oooh, you look well". Clearly, "you look fat"! Do they think we're stupid?! Still, once I've started LL (Tuesday 26th hopefully), the days of hearing that particular insultiment (do you see what I did there? Tee hee) should be numbered. Fingers crossed!

The comments I am now having is 'your face is so gaunt now. You need to stop losing so much weight'. All this after years of 'you have such a pretty face' (meaning you fat cow)....make up your bl**dy minds people. I am not listening to them anymore. Got 4 more lbs to lose . Angela x

Sorry to come to this late but had to just add my personal favourite - "Oooh, you look well". Clearly, "you look fat"! Do they think we're stupid?! Still, once I've started LL (Tuesday 26th hopefully), the days of hearing that particular insultiment (do you see what I did there? Tee hee) should be numbered. Fingers crossed!

This is also my personal favourite! I have always translated it as "For feck's sake, you've put on even MORE weight since last time I saw you!"...... grrrrr...

These are the same people who probaly will pretend they havnt noticed youve lost several stones of weight rather than give you a genuine complement cos what they are really thinking is gawd about time she did something , she was huge"!""" I actually had a horrrible experience last week at the gym, wher I have been a somewhat spasmodic visitor for a number of years. I saw two women (not slim by any means) who had seen me just a few months ago pre LL at my top weight and they both clocked the fact, could tell by the smug looks on their faces. This time nearly 4 stone lighter I expected something some comment but no both just completely ignored the fact! I later overheard them talking in the shower discussing my weight loss it went like this
' x has loss weight did you see'
'yeah but she needed to she was massive'
'she looks better'
'shame she lost the fat but kept all l the skin though'
sniggers.....
I could have died !
Sod the lot of em we will have the last laugh.
Keep strong girls love to you all

Aww thats awful you poor thing! Thats so nasty and definately says more about them than you! While you'll be slim & lovely they'll be nasty on the inside & out. Mind you I think I'd have piped out "I can hear you" or next time you see them say its so sad that they feel the need to be so vindictive and should have made sure you were not within earshot. They would be mortified I'm sure & the look on their faces would be priceless!

Re people "not noticing" I had this yesterday (on the size 14 skirt shopping trip!) with a woman in work and it was laughable because its SO obvious that I've lost loads!. You know,the type who would say "well you'll probably put it all back on"...you know the type! Feck em I say! I'm loud & proud...although alas my boobies cant say the same!!

Back