Doesn't want to but might have to..

eddiesmum2002

...Go back to the dreaded weight watchers :(

Been back on plan a week or so, and low and behold into 2/3rd week and I'm plateau-ing, again!!!!!!

Can't deal with this. I've cut back on my 'free' food on whichever plan I do, I've even calorie counted alongside SW and it just will not work for me, what gives????

I don't want to go back to gruelling counting points but I can't relax with 'free' food anyway, so maybe I'm better off :(

Gutted. Gutted. Gutted!!!!!!:mad:

If the 'dreaded' WW works it cant be that bad ;)

Ah I LOVED WW when I was 18/19 and lost 4st with it starlight, but have a baby boy now who has me up from 5am and bed at 10-11pm leaves a lot of 'at home' hours to eat! And points are like monopoly money - only go so far :) x

I lost 2 stone successfully with WW put all plus some back on then after the brith of daughter decided to try SW. My weight loss has been slow to say the least (read my previous thread - felt like giving up) but im DETERMINED not to give up, switch plans backwards and forwards and stick with SW.

Im not too sure what advice to give regarding your STS for a few weeks but whatever you choose I wish you the best of luck! x

Have you given SW enough time? Personally I can't do WW or calorie counting as I would then obsess ALL the time about food from the moment I get up. SW just seems so easy in comparison. Have you posted your dairies on here?

Loungelizard, I've done SW since May 5th this year after the birth of my son and only lost 1st 7lbs, thats quite slow for me considering I have a decent amount to lose. I plateau'd for 7 weeks, went to WW but struggled after the freedom of SW so came back, lost for a week but now gone back to square one. Its frustrating, especially as I've even gone as far as to measure out the 'free' foods now to an amount I think is reasonable so I know I'm not over-eating! Contemplating seeing doctor about it xxx

Do you do a food diary on here? Might help to get some other views on what you're eating & give you tips!

Firstly, I think you think you have more to lose than you do. You are not 300lb overweight, you have only 3 and a little bit stone to go to target. If you had a lot of weight to shift then losing 1-2lb a week might be disappointing, but as things stand, you are losing very well. We will all hit "plateaus" but thats a good time to review what we are doing and shake things up with a few days of red/green, or a go on the fish week, or scanbran, or making sure we are drinking plenty of water.

Slow and steady wins the race, I am afraid. The weight did not go on overnight and it will not come off overnight, but it WILL come off. Throw your body a curveball and shake up your diet, but you can do that quite easily without having to switch plans every time you stick a bit.

I think you posting a food diary would be a good idea, so we can see if there are any areas where you could change things and shake them up.

But be patient, it WILL happen.

Firstly, I think you think you have more to lose than you do. You are not 300lb overweight, you have only 3 and a little bit stone to go to target. If you had a lot of weight to shift then losing 1-2lb a week might be disappointing, but as things stand, you are losing very well. We will all hit "plateaus" but thats a good time to review what we are doing and shake things up with a few days of red/green, or a go on the fish week, or scanbran, or making sure we are drinking plenty of water.

Slow and steady wins the race, I am afraid. The weight did not go on overnight and it will not come off overnight, but it WILL come off. Throw your body a curveball and shake up your diet, but you can do that quite easily without having to switch plans every time you stick a bit.

I think you posting a food diary would be a good idea, so we can see if there are any areas where you could change things and shake them up.

But be patient, it WILL happen.

Totally what she said:)

A stone and a half off in three months? You call that slow? OMG!

...and if I#d carried on, I'd have seen Madame's post and agreed, too! (Tred to rep but have to spread it about a bit!)

Hi, I've got a young baby too and I agree that early mornings can make for a lot of eating hours if you're not careful! Sleep deprivation makes you want to eat too I think, just to keep you going. Bearing this in mind, I tend to eat 5 or 6 little meals in the day - the usual 3 plus 3 snacks like a mugshot, a big bowl of salad with cheese triangles, yoghurt and fruit etc. I am literally always eating! I try to get out for at least an hours pavement-pounding with the pram everyday too - that seems to help. A stone and a half is not a small amount of weight either, well done!

Back