doin CD on the cheap!!!!!

Keeping your ideas to yourself is probably the only wise thing you have said;)

Thats a bit harsh....she is entitled to share her views.[/quote]

thank u shazpaz....

let me explain to u all....

this is the second time round for me. the second time i have had to loose this weight. i started the CD diet in the hope that i wud loose weight...which i did. i didnt think that a year on it wud almost all be gained back!!!

Starting the CD ment i had to sacrifice alot, as many of u will kno....i cudnt go out for dinner, have a drink, or even accept the odd polo my mate at uni!!!

It was a hard 6 months...probably the hardest of my life! but loosing the weight and having eveyone tell me how well ive done and how great ive done made it all worth while!

dieting for 6 months cost me £840.....

fine...perhapse thats the cost to be thin?!

but every one of those £ was a waste cos nearly every Ib i lost ive had to loose again!!!!....and this time i ent payin nearly 850 quid to do it! im not payin the cambridge diet again! they are not makin £1680 outta me dietin to loose the same weight!!!!

these companies love us fattys....we loose the weight and put it back on and get hooked to the fast results of the CD so continue to put money in their pockets

the company i now use is no different. it just means i am not wasting as much of my money if i fail again and end up tryin to loose this a third time!!!

thanku shazpaz.....

i wrote something in my defence but ive been told that it has to be checked by a moderator before it will be displayed.....so we might not ever be seeing that again!!!

basically....

second time round loosing this weight.

cost me £840 to loose it. but i put almost all of it back on a year later. so every Ib lost was a £ wasted!!! i refuse to allow the CD to make the same money out of me again! The company i use for my shakes now is no different as they also make money out of fattys who get addicted to the fast results of their product just this time im saving myself £600!

i kno im not the only one out there who hasnt been able to maintain......so i was offering a ray of light....

its humilliating enuf to have not been able to keep it off let alone havin to physically diet and sacrifce all over again....and waste more money if i fail again and have to loose the weight for a 3rd time!!!

i hope u all kno wer im comming from now...

LOL and im not about to try and sell u something

i was offering u an alternative. from one dieter to another. its up to u wether u wana do it. i was just tryna put the facts out there. that u dont ave to spend £35 a week wen thers an alternative at less than half the price out there!

its not a secret product. or a magic recipie. its slim fast formula mixed with water not milk. pop down to tesco with one of ur cambridge diet packs and compare the vitamins and minerals for urself ( dont forget to look at the units per grams to check for differences....which u will find to be only minor) the bars i use are atkins bars....the chocolate endulge bars with soya chips, the plain chocolate endulge bars, Morinig shine bars strawberry crisp or the chocoate ones. they all only have 2 or 3 net grams of carbs and there is a great selection. ur still able to enter ketosis and loose weight. the slim fast tubs are 2 for £5 at the mo in tesco and the bars and about 99p each!

ahh this has been mentioned alot of times before..

i tryed this few years ago, i felt so ill couldnt do it!! :(

good idea though..

Thank you Virgo. I'm in the financial position that I can afford CD so I am going to stick to it 100% from next week, but its good to know. There are other diets out there that work on the principle of ketosis.....I have mixed lipotrim/CD and Atkins this week and weigh in is tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on in the CD April Challenge thread. I think I've had a good loss though so fingers crossed.

Are you sure its the same? I have a feeling slimfast has a LOT more sugar in but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can see why you would do it hun but have to say having been in your situation trying to find another way around CD (I am afraid I may be the 'recipe' poster KD mentions- made the mistake last year of trying to find a way to do it on the cheap and it didnt work) I would be worried about doing what you have suggested. Its your choice of course but I think if I am going to be doing a VLCD again in future I would be sticking to something I KNOW to be safe and healthy. Good luck with your weightloss though- hopefully you wont put it all back on this time and have learned something about healthy eating during this time. x

Oh do slimfast make a mix-a-mousse???? I have to have a daily mousse now?

Whats the difference with mixing it with water vs milk - is that why slimfast sell it as a meal replacement? Surely if they could sell it as a VLCD and advise people to mix with water instead they would.....
This might be worrying tho for people with medical contraindications and the poor people who suffer with eating disorders maybe????

TBH - UNLESS you follow somekind of management/re-feeding programme when you have finished ANY diet IF you return to your old bad habits you will re-gain what you lost and possibly more!

Its not just about shedding the lbs - its about changing your life long term.

Nice idea - but I just dont get it????

thanks shazpaz

good luck with ur weigh in!!! ive been good since easter sunday but i broke it yesterday wen i met up with an old friend. she hadnt seen me for a year so she thought id managed to keep the weight off. she offerd to take me out for dinner so we cud catch up and i really dint wana have to tell her im still struggling with my weight so i enjoyed myself and ate to brusting! lol....think my stomach has deffinatly shrunk cos normally i have room for pudding!!! hehe....dint get on the scales today but been good all day so gona check the damage tomo!

i have to say, when i was trying to cut costs i used some slimfast, now when made as instructed ie with milk, it tases lovely, but made with water its discusting !
xx

Are you sure its the same? I have a feeling slimfast has a LOT more sugar in but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can see why you would do it hun but have to say having been in your situation trying to find another way around CD (I am afraid I may be the 'recipe' poster KD mentions- made the mistake last year of trying to find a way to do it on the cheap and it didnt work) I would be worried about doing what you have suggested. Its your choice of course but I think if I am going to be doing a VLCD again in future I would be sticking to something I KNOW to be safe and healthy. Good luck with your weightloss though- hopefully you wont put it all back on this time and have learned something about healthy eating during this time. x

yeh i herd that too....but i have no CD packs here to check the sugar difference. but it cant have that much more as it still allows the body to enter in to ketosis with the same principles as CD.....!?! duno...its workin, its cheap, i love the taste and the weightloss is good! and i dont feel as low as i have done on the CD...perhapse thats the sugar?!? lol

I've just re-read this thread and its amazing how people jump to conclusions. Some may not agree with Virgo's suggestions, but she's even been accused of trying to 'sell us' something when infact she just wanted to help. Just goes to show we need to have all the facts before we condemn a fellow 'slimmer'. We all have the same goal and should be there for one another.

I tried slimfast he week before I started CD - too sweet for me.
It does have a lot of sugar in it, so would be no good for Type II Diabetics.

I tried to think of a way to do a VLCD on chicken, veg ( ie Atkins without the fat), I was absolutely starving all the time. So no good.

The way I see it, I'll be on CD for 20 + weeks and hopefully keep it off.
I've lost a lot of weight before by calorie counting and put it all back on when I had small children as I thought I could eat chocolate etc. Can't. What I'm saying is weight lost any way will go back on.

I'm sticking with CD then healthy eating.
Good luck Virgo.
x

i have to say, when i was trying to cut costs i used some slimfast, now when made as instructed ie with milk, it tases lovely, but made with water its discusting !
xx

if its too diluted ur right!!! lol....but i make mine with 2 scoops and 8 fl oz of water. banana is my favorite. the atkins bars are amazing!! they actually taste like real chocolate! the atkins Endulge bars are avaliable in boots....u gotta try one! soooo much better than mix a moose or CD bars!

I've just re-read this thread and its amazing how people jump to conclusions. Some may not agree with Virgo's suggestions, but she's even been accused of trying to 'sell us' something when infact she just wanted to help. Just goes to show we need to have all the facts before we condemn a fellow 'slimmer'. We all have the same goal and should be there for one another.

Whilst I can't agree with all the replies Virgo did come across as trying to sell something. There are numerous posts before s/he actually revealed what s/he is doing. It read like one of those websites where you know they are trying to sell you something but can't figure out what or how much it costs (although the cost was posted). Why not just say it at the start and avoid all this hassle?

I've tried slimfast - yes it tastes fab (probably all the sugar) but it didn't work for me. I'll admit I've never tried it with water.

So Virgo, I am really happy it's working for you but I'll stick with CD, thanks.

this is interesting stuff. Specially for me at this moment because
a: struggeling with money and
b: my body seems to have completely gone off most of the shakes and soups (about 8 weeks into SSing) and I sometimes have to fight myselft to have a shake.

Problem is, believe it or not, but where I live there is no Tesco, Asda or Boots so CD it'll have to be...

Hopefully my body will changes it's mind again and the second half of my weight loss will be a bit easier than the last month has been. Still lost fine but it is so much harder when you can hardly take what you eat...

Tried muffins and that lot too but that doesn't work either...

well well, as they say,.. keep going and battle on..

xxx

Sounds ok, as others have said slimfast is very sugary, if memory serves it contains 3 types of sugar.

I wonder how many calories your daily intake is? just out of curiosity really! It does sound quite tasty but not for me at the moment!

I cannot find ingrediant list and list of vitamins and minerals in the packs you mentioned to compare. has anyone got info to compare??

julesrush
cdc norwich

Back