doin CD on the cheap!!!!!

virgo

hey wondered if anyone else was doin CD without a counciler?...either because they have shakes left over from being on it before or cos they are buyin shakes off the net?

im a student....meanin i am broke! i;ve found a way to do the cambridge diet on the cheap and i think its more tasty!! CD people will probs be mad at me but i wana share my system...it shudnt cost the world to diet....plus we all need the extra cash to buy our new wardrobes!!!!

I'm a student and i do CD the "proper" way as it isnt much to pay to be slim really - and works out cheaper when you work out the cost of food per week (and the booze).

Good luck anyhow x

im a student....meanin i am broke! i;ve found a way to do the cambridge diet on the cheap and i think its more tasty!! CD people will probs be mad at me but i wana share my system...it shudnt cost the world to diet....plus we all need the extra cash to buy our new wardrobes!!!![/quote]

Most people I know including myself spend more than £35 per week on food and drink (especially drink;)) I always find it interesting when people say that the diet is expensive, I know that I certainly saved money whilst ssing, afterall a night at the indian with a couple of bottles of wine costs more than a weeks supply of Cambridge products.

I would agree you need to know where the products come from I think.
:)

definately NOT a good idea VIRGO, you could get all sorts of health problems, and without a CDC to support you. Any how, i did once look into how much people sell CD for on ebay and sometimes its double the price?? no point! might aswell do it the proper way, and as everyone else has said, 35.00 a week is nothing on food. I used to spend way more than that.

As the others have said def not a good idea. You just dont know what damage you could be doing to your health. When I started cd I know that we def as a familly spent a lot less money on food/drink etc and thats how were mananging to get away on a holiday next week.

Also, from my student days i remember the amount of money that I spent boozing and eating more boozing though. I reckon if your gonna do cd do it proper and get a cdc 35pounds isnt that much rerally. Why dont you tally up what you would spend per week in food and drink?

Yes you might be finding a way of losing weight cheaper but you wont be doing it in a healthy way as you wont be having all the vitamins and minerals your body needs (multivit pill wont cover EVERYTHING you need)

Cambridge has had years of testing and is the healthy way of losing weight.

Using packs left over from last time is fine but remember you dont actually pay to see a cdc you only pay for packs so its not cheaper, also ebay is overpriced and more expensive than counsellor so dont see how you save money???

julesrush
cdc norwich

I must say that, as a student, £35 a week is more than I would usually spend on food. I really want to start CD too, but the price is the only thing putting me off at the moment. That said, I'm not desperate enough to risk my health just to lose a bit of weight so I guess I'll have to start saving those pennies.

Hey everyone

A lot of negativity out there!!....but before u disregard my system all together let me actually tell u what im doin!

Firstly I do not buy my shakes off ebay…I agree its soo over priced!

Many of u mentioned ur concerns regarding health problems. I can assure u that I follow the CD to the letter…

3 shakes or 2 shakes and 1 bar a day
6 litres of water a day ( I kno that’s more than they say but the more the merrier!)
4 weeks sole source followed by 1 week add a meal ….repeat!

So I am not putting myself at risk

For a weeks supply of shakes and bars (14 shakes, 7bars) I pay around £10.
So yes although the CD isn’t crazily expensive I am saving £25 per week…or £100 per month!!!

The meal replacements I use have almost EXACTLY the same vitamins and minerals as CD shakes. You can check for yourselves

The weight loss is the same as being on the CD. Your body enters ketosis just as it does on the CD

The shakes and bars I buy are sold worldwide in shops such as tesco, asda, boots…This makes it so convenient!!!!

But most importantly they taste great!!
After being on the CD for 6 months I cant physically stomach the shakes or bars. They make me gag! Using the bars and shakes I do now I actually look forward to my three meals…so please does all this sound that terrible??!?!

For anyone that is now slightly more interested I am happy to share…..but after all the negative comments I will keep my successful and money saving ideas to myself! hehe

Last edited:
You do what is right for you hun. I agree £35 is a lot of money. I know people say its not a lot when you think of what you pay for food, but I live with my family and we have not noticed a drop in the shopping bill. I cannot expect my family to not eat Crisps/biscuits because I'm doing the diet. I still have to buy a full chicken/joint of beef for the Sunday roast......only they get more now!! I still have to buy all the veggies etc. My shopping is the same. The only thing that is missing is my treats....which don't mount to £35.

If you are being healthy and all the nutrients are in the products then as an adult that is your choice and good luck to you hun.xx

Hey everyone

A lot of negativity out there!!....but before u disregard my system all together let me actually tell u what im doin!

Firstly I do not buy my shakes off ebay…I agree its soo over priced!

Many of u mentioned ur concerns regarding health problems. I can assure u that I follow the CD to the letter…

3 shakes or 2 shakes and 1 bar a day
6 litres of water a day ( I kno that’s more than they say but the more the merrier!)
4 weeks sole source followed by 1 week add a meal ….repeat!

So I am not putting myself at risk

For a weeks supply of shakes and bars (14 shakes, 7bars) I pay around £10.
So yes although the CD isn’t crazily expensive I am saving £25 per week…or £100 per month!!!

The meal replacements I use have almost EXACTLY the same vitamins and minerals as CD shakes. You can check for yourselves

The weight loss is the same as being on the CD. Your body enters ketosis just as it does on the CD

The shakes and bars I buy are sold worldwide in shops such as tesco, asda, boots…This makes it so convenient!!!!

But most importantly they taste great!!
After being on the CD for 6 months I cant physically stomach the shakes or bars. They make me gag! Using the bars and shakes I do now I actually look forward to my three meals…so please does all this sound that terrible??!?!

For anyone that is now slightly more interested I am happy to share…..but after all the negative comments I will keep my successful and money saving ideas to myself! hehe

Hi Virgo I have just seen this thread!

I've seen the beginning, and peoples veiws because of the lack of info at the beginning, and them coming to their own conclusions!

For me the only word that worries me is the word, i have highlighted in red and underlined..... almost the same isn't the same, maybe you could use your system with a meal a day??? just to cover those few vits and minerals that are missing from your pack!

So whats the product?

Nas x

For anyone that is now slightly more interested I am happy to share…..but after all the negative comments I will keep my successful and money saving ideas to myself! hehe[/quote]

Keeping your ideas to yourself is probably the only wise thing you have said;)

Keeping your ideas to yourself is probably the only wise thing you have said;)[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh....she is entitled to share her views.

Keeping your ideas to yourself is probably the only wise thing you have said;)

Thats a bit harsh....she is entitled to share her views.[/quote]

Of course virgo is entitled to her own opinions as is everyone including myself. There are no products available in Tesco that state that you can sole source on them. If I am incorrect in this thinking of course I will apologise.

My worry with this thread is that others may follow suit and in doing so put their health at risk.

Tracey

Hi Virgo I have just seen this thread!

I've seen the beginning, and peoples veiws because of the lack of info at the beginning, and them coming to their own conclusions!

For me the only word that worries me is the word, i have highlighted in red and underlined..... almost the same isn't the same, maybe you could use your system with a meal a day??? just to cover those few vits and minerals that are missing from your pack!

So whats the product?

Nas x

I said almost because the vitamins and minerals vary in comparrison to the cambridge diet.

In places the shakes i use have slighly more of say 'vitamin c' but maybe slighly less than say 'vitamin E'.....

the variations are so minor....but it wud have been un true to say they are exactly the same...but almost!!

still interested?! lol

Keeping your ideas to yourself is probably the only wise thing you have said;) (quote)

Very harsh comment - I thought everyone on minimins was entitled to their own view?

Instead of 'negative', replace 'caring' ;)

I have a feeling that it's not a ready made meal replacement, but a recipe for one.

Someone posted the 'recipe' some time ago, saying it was exactly the same as Cambridge, when in fact, it was short of protein and fat (both vital when doing a VLCD).

Of course, you are entitled to do whatever you want, but I just fear that by posting the recipe, others might consider it safe, when it isn't.

There again, it might not be a recipe at all, might be a new meal replacement that has come out in the last week or so, but I don't think so:confused:

Virgo is surely about to try and advertise some half baked product and has registered on here purely to try and sell it to us.
cobblers.

Back