Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

I don't seem to be shifting anything at all tbh. But, as I said in an earlier post, I am not going to get weighed until I have done at least 2 weeks (I am on my 5th fast today) as I will just pack it all in if there is no immediate result. However, one of the 5:2 forums says that you may not even show a weight loss for a month, but stick with it, as body measurements will be decreasing.
We shall see, but, well done so far and good luck Miss PeriPeri and do anything but focus on food

subscribing!

Yeh technically your body doesnt shift bodyfat for at least a month.. any other loss is due to water loss or food in ur guts being released to put it nicely.. great blog to look into is brad pilons eat stop eat

Thank you, I shall have a look at that Brad Pilons site.
I love your term of phrase btw (food in your gits)
Good luck and best wishes

Hello! :wavey:

I've been doing JUDD / 5:2 for quite a few months, but in a very lax way. So my weight's just been bouncing up & down - am now a few pounds heavier than I was a few months ago :sigh: I've decided to start combining with SW to hopefully keep me in check. Now in my 2nd week, syns are a bit too high :( but hoping the scales will start moving downwards!

X

Ha ha, Just noticed what I had written. I meant guts...not gits....although I have been known to call myself a fat one.!
I have will have been been doing this 5:2 a month at the weekend and I haven't noticed much difference tbh. But, I might just get on the scales, for the first time since starting, after my 2nd weekly fast and see what happens.. Gulp! I'll be so disheartened if I haven't even lost a lb.

Morning all just a quick update. 2 weeks into fasting and now my body has noticed im not eating much so its holding onto my weight (starvation mode - if it exists - at its finest)
This week i lost 1lb.. and my weight is also bouncing up n down between 12st - 12st3lbs.
A little nervous about when i finish as i know first week back on plan and im gonna see a big gain! But heres to hoping that gain goes on the second wk back on plan where i will resume ESE/5:2..

Good luck for your WI Powla. Tbh, I never really notice much difference in my body on a week to week basis. If I didn't weigh I think I'd just give up all diets after a few weeks, lol. So you never know, fingers crossed you will have lost a few pounds! What are your losses usually like? Mine are unless very slow - norm average out well under a pound a week!

X

Quick question to those of you following SW combined with 5:2 - do you still stick to your 105 syns a week? Or do you allow yourself more, & if so how many?Unless I have no nights out, I find it sooo hard to stick to my weekly syns limit! (as in, it's never happened!). I always so annoyed with myself at the end of the week, but as I'm quite new to SW I'm not sure whether this will prevent me losing or not?

X

Good luck for your WI Powla. Tbh, I never really notice much difference in my body on a week to week basis. If I didn't weigh I think I'd just give up all diets after a few weeks, lol. So you never know, fingers crossed you will have lost a few pounds! What are your losses usually like? Mine are unless very slow - norm average out well under a pound a week!

X
This will be the first time in 4 weeks (8 fasts) But I have just realised that this week is not the best week for a WI, as it is TTOM....Perhaps I'll aim for next Sunday then.
To be honest I would/will(??) just give in too, if there is no loss. And I used to have a half decent weight loss (on SW anyway)....until I stopped smoking. Grrrr

:mad:

Fast day for me today. Few grapes so far. Bowl of branflakes for lunch. Hungry but need to get weight back under control! Good luck to fellow fasters today. :)

Hey how's everyone doing? Seems very quiet on this thread these days. I went back to work in August after a year off and not really had much time to post - doing long days so I can have Fridays off which is definitely worth it but don't really get to see my little boy at all mon- thurs which sucks. Day off today though and holiday next week yay! Been doing 5:2 as much as I can (caved a few time coz I'm on my feet all day at work so had to eat when I've felt dizzy and stuff - so much harder to stick to than when I was at home!) the reason for my post though is that I'm finally under 10st (9st 13 so I'm sure after the weekend Ill creep back over) but that's the lowest I've been since getting pregnant nearly 2 years ago! Considering how bad I've been at the weekends with wine and takeaway and generally not watching what I'm eating on other days I'm well chuffed with that. Just though I'd post for a bit of motivation if anyone is struggling - It does work just very slowly! I've now lost a stone but it's taken me nearly 6 months could have lost it quicker no doubt if I'd calorie counted on other days and maybe done some exercise but I'm basically too lazy! Anyway I'm gonna stop rambling happy Friday everyone x

Hey how's everyone doing? Seems very quiet on this thread these days. I went back to work in August after a year off and not really had much time to post - doing long days so I can have Fridays off which is definitely worth it but don't really get to see my little boy at all mon- thurs which sucks. Day off today though and holiday next week yay! Been doing 5:2 as much as I can (caved a few time coz I'm on my feet all day at work so had to eat when I've felt dizzy and stuff - so much harder to stick to than when I was at home!) the reason for my post though is that I'm finally under 10st (9st 13 so I'm sure after the weekend Ill creep back over) but that's the lowest I've been since getting pregnant nearly 2 years ago! Considering how bad I've been at the weekends with wine and takeaway and generally not watching what I'm eating on other days I'm well chuffed with that. Just though I'd post for a bit of motivation if anyone is struggling - It does work just very slowly! I've now lost a stone but it's taken me nearly 6 months could have lost it quicker no doubt if I'd calorie counted on other days and maybe done some exercise but I'm basically too lazy! Anyway I'm gonna stop rambling happy Friday everyone x

Hi. I'm still fasting having had a bit of a rest. Like you I lose weight slowly, but until the last two weeks it's stayed off. Also like you I managed to just get under 10st and stayed there for a few weeks without losing anymore. My motivation has gone a bit to pot though and today I weighed in at 10st 0.9 lbs :-( I hope this is now going to spur me on to do it properly again and make a difference to my weight. It would be so great to get to 9.5 st (I'm a shortie so it wouldn't be too low a weight.
Good luck with your efforts! :)

Fast day for me today. I weighed in midweek and had put on weight so really need to get some progress again. Hope you all have a great Sunday. :)

Hi everyone :) hope you don't mind me joining this group! Today is my second fast day since starting on Monday, have to say its tough but not as bad as I thought it would be!!

I've seen that a lot of you have ready meals on fast days, any recommendations?? Xxx

Hi everyone :) hope you don't mind me joining this group! Today is my second fast day since starting on Monday, have to say its tough but not as bad as I thought it would be!! I've seen that a lot of you have ready meals on fast days, any recommendations?? Xxx

Hi. Hope your fast today goes well. I personally have used weightwatchers meals for my evening meal. They're quick and I don't have to think about it. If I spend too long wondering what I'm going to eat I start to want lots of high calorie stuff.

Good luck.

I'm the same, fast day went really well and I'd lost 4.5lbs on my first wi today :) I've found organisation to be the key through these first few days :) hope everyone else is doing canny xxx

I'm the same, fast day went really well and I'd lost 4.5lbs on my first wi today :) I've found organisation to be the key through these first few days :) hope everyone else is doing canny xxx

well done! That's really great loss. :)

Back