Doing cal counting but losing motivation ALREADY!!

RachBlue

Hiya,

I'm new, doing 1550cals a day and it's going great (11lbs lost so far, inc a big chunk of water weight in the first week) but I'm really struggling with motivation now I no longer look 9months pregnant... just joined because I hope someone can kick my butt.

For the record I've been trying to lose 45lbs for over 2 years and failed so far to make it past the third day, then things just clicked this time round and I'm doing well but wondering why I bother right now.

Has anyone else had this just when things are finally working? I'm doing great with the meals I have planned, sure I get hungry but it's not unbearable, what I cook is really satisfying and tasty, and I'm drinking my daily allotment of water and herbal tea like a champ... What's it all about?!:eek:

Hi Rachblue
I hear ya! I actually can maintain my weight fine....its loosing I find so hard. I was on LT before on lost 65lb,,,,had baby and regained 40lbs (had an indulgent pregnancy!!).....so back on the wagon with New You last week to get into the LBD for Christmas......have you tried replacing evening one meal to boost weight lost....I was dieting for years before LT and never really lost much more than a stone.....of course the real battle is keeping at goal.

Well I'm doing okay with the weightloss so far and not craving like pies or anything, I think it's just because I already see serious changes in my body that I'm starting to not feel as driven (or desperate might be a better word)... :hmm:

After having a good read on here I think I'm feeling a bit more sorted, attitude-wise, it'd be really silly to ease up now because the plan I worked out for myself is really working and fits in with my life etc, and I feel great on it - but you know sometimes when you just feel "is it really worth it?"!

Sheer laziness really, but reading the threads on here so far has helped me get back in the zone mentally a bit, no-one round me is really dieting so perhaps frequenting this establishment :) will help me stay focused.

Good luck with the LT, I hope it works out, like I said I tried a few times before and it never just clicked - then suddenly it did, so don't give up!! :party0011:

Back