Doing it my way

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by christy75x, 7 December 2008 Social URL.

1. christy75x

christy75x Member

Just thought I would share my new approach with everyone and it might be useful to those who are struggling. I decided about 2 weeks ago not to let CD run my life. I was so miserable, hating not being able to eat what I wanted. Then I decided to take a deep long breath and RELAX! I looked at what was positive - being in control of what went into my mouth, spending less money and losing weight. I did not get hung up on the negative - eating food when I shouldn't have. I decided that how much I lose is all down to me and if I want to lose the weight, do this diet properly. If I mess up I must be adult enough to accept that I won't lose loads of pounds that week and there is no point in crying about it. I am going to do this CD my way. I feel so much happier, now that I do not beat myself up.
    So, this week I lost 4lbs. Really chuffed and it shows me that my new thinking is helping me get through this. I am going to add some meals this week because I am having an early Christmas dinner with my boyfriend. I am mentally strong enough to get back on the wagon and I do not intend to have a blow out.
    Slowly but surely is my new motto.

Good Luck everyone and for those of you who are beating yourselves up because you have messed up a bit - STOP IT! Appreciate that this diet is not easy and you will get where you want to eventually.

Last edited: 7 December 2008
    Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Well done Christy, what a great attitude.. I totally agree with you, and have a similar approach to the diet, in fact KD wrote a brilliant post that says much the same thing about our personal CD/diet journey..

Well done and keep on doing what you're doing :)

Mini likes this.
  4. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Sounds like you are being sensible and getting on with your life at the same time....well done

Mini likes this.
  5. christy75x

christy75x Member

Thank you ladies. Feel so much happier now.

Mini likes this.
  6. miss piggy

miss piggy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (was on CD)
    I needed to read this after a little binge tonight has left me feeling terribly guilty! Good approach Christy!

Mini likes this.
  7. christy75x

christy75x Member

Miss Piggy - looking at the weight you have lost to date - you can obviously do this. Don't beat yourself up over the food you ate today. You have not killed anyone!

Tomorrow is a new day. That is what I am saying to myself tonight. :)

Keep smiling

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.