Doing slimming world for the LAST time

aiming2bslinky

Hi I joined MiniMins today, I am 62. I have been trying to lose weight all my life, and was at target during my twenties, then I married and had two children, and the yo yo-ing began, losing, then regaining the same 3 stones over and over. Well this is it the last time, when I reach target I will still be weighing in, maybe not weekly, but definitely monthly. I started 16 weeks ago, and so far have lost 1st 3.5 lbs.

Hi Slinky, welcome!
You'll find lots of support here. I've had good success in the past with Slimming World, and it's a great plan for healthy eating and never having to feel hungry whilst losing weight. You've had great success so far with an average of over 1lb loss each week so far, well done.
How have you found the plan this time around? Have you tried any of their recipes? I've got an online friend who has just started the plan again, and the photo of her dinner tonight looked yummy: 2 homemade burgers, using a large beefsteak tomato as the 'bun', SW chunky chips, and syns of a cheese slice, and some pickles. Looked delicious! I'm going to try it myself next week I think.

Hi Slinky, welcome!
You'll find lots of support here. I've had good success in the past with Slimming World, and it's a great plan for healthy eating and never having to feel hungry whilst losing weight. You've had great success so far with an average of over 1lb loss each week so far, well done.
How have you found the plan this time around? Have you tried any of their recipes? I've got an online friend who has just started the plan again, and the photo of her dinner tonight looked yummy: 2 homemade burgers, using a large beefsteak tomato as the 'bun', SW chunky chips, and syns of a cheese slice, and some pickles. Looked delicious! I'm going to try it myself next week I think.
Hi yes, SW recipes are great, I cook a lot of them at home, chilli, spaghetti bol, chicken and noodle stir fries etc. I get a lot of my recipes from the "pinch of nom" site.
Hi Slinky and well done on your losses so far!
Thank you so much.

Back