DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome Angela & GL! X

Ooo I just remembered my dinner from last week too it was so so nice! I roasted carrots, squash for a bit then added some chicken thighs, honey, lemon, balsamic vinegar and mustard and cooked for a bit then added Aubergine, mushrooms, courgette, pepper red onion and garlic and cooked for about 30 mins. With salad so really good on EE or red and was so tasty. I was having a red day but if you were EE could have pasta or rice with it for sure x

Morning all. Hope everyone had a good night and is refreshed for another good day of slimming. Have to say that after my second shredding workout, my calf muscles are killing me today :'( x

Hey! Morning everyone! My knee seems better, but my bum is absolutely killing I think I squatted with too much gusto on Monday night! Hope you all have a nice day. Green day for me today as I'm super hungry! X

So glad your knee is feeling better Charl. Not sure if my body can do the workout again tonight but will try anyway. Just got to work and am tucking into my fresh fruit salad and fat free yoghurt. Best meal of the day x

Hi everyone,

Can I join you lovely ladies and gents doing SW from home please? :)

I've been to class in the past and still have all my books etc, but just don't have the time, money or inclination to join a group this time. TBH I didn't get much out of the local class when I tried it, and I also found that I often had to miss it because of work, and when that happened I would use it as an excuse to have an off week. I didn't get very far!!

Anyway, I've lost weight with SW a few years ago, so I know it works, but I really need some help and motivation to get going with it. I'm so fed up of being this size, but have been really struggling to do anything about it over the last few months. I feel like I have been down this road before, and now I'm back where I started :-(. But as 'here' is a place I really don't want to be, I'm ready to set off on the journey again - for the last time. I'd love to be out of the 'obese' category - so into the 12st something bracket by my birthday in December. Please help me get there!!

A xxx

Hi!! Good luck, you'll do great, this site is amazing, as you don't have to wait a week like class to get advice or help or support. I think the key to being successful on SW is planning, plan your days really well, and food shops. Enjoy it, everyone here will help you loads, and to be honest SW never really feels like much of a diet, I never really feel deprived of stuff, sometimes having a bottle of wine would be nice without a zillion syns but its ok! xx

Oooooooooo also a Food diary is an awesome tool, if your struggling or have a bad week it can be really good to go back over and see where you need improvements, and people can offer advice and support on what your eating too. Plus if you have a really good week its good to know what you were doing, you have to be really honest in it though, otherwise it doesn't work. I love mine now, its a general whinge diary but still helps me loads to see everything written down. x

Hi welcome realme

Vharl you're going great guns withe the shred now,, I need to fit it in today but I decided to clean the oven first so then I ended up dismantling it to mend the door (i gave up waiting for hubs to do so) so now I have to get it all up and running before school run else I can't cook dinner later arghh... then parents evening straight from school so it will probs be midnight before i get it done lol

So stuck what to eat today I was going to have a red day as usual but I'm fed up of potatoes wedges etc and I'm trying to cut down on my wheat intake to too so I'm not sure what to have, I'll either do fish or chicken tonight so I need ideas other than pasta or salad... so not sure whether to switch to EE now instead.....

I hate being indesisive anyone got any yummy ideas for their dinner I can steal?

Charl, you are a proper little cook! Will def try some of your suggestions, chicken, veg etc in a tray sounds wicked! I really get into cooking lots, feel like I'm not a proper mummy at the mo :-(

Not having a happy day, just had an interview which was really tough :-( the urge for a massive piece of cake right now!

Welcome A, it's fab here. So much fab support, advice and lots of lovely people. We all keep each other motivated. I do mainly red days cos I loooooove my meat!

I weighed out 28g of special k this morning, it was such a stupid amount so tipped it back and had a muller lite, loads of fruit and a crumbled up alpen bar - lush!

I need to get out running again, someone kick my arse into gear!

Anyone from bristol, just out of interest?

:)

I don't do dairy free (yet) but i do know that hard cheese such as cheddar and yoghurt have less lactose and can often be tolerated by people that have an intolerance (if that makes sense!). Otherwise I would recommend kara coconut milk or an almond milk (soya, rice and oat are not as nice) and soya margarines etc. I'm no longer a member of SW, my book is from last summer and doesn't list soya based 'dairy' items so sorry I can't help further.

ETA starting back with SW at home again as of tomorrow morning. Going it alone is difficult but the lack of classes near me at a time i can get to, limits my options.

Thanks scarlett I can tolerate cheese and yoghurt but seeing as my consumption of them on SW has gone up I'm wondering if I'll feel better not that there has been a problem since starting SW I just eat a lot more of them (I love SW as I can have cheese cheese cheese :) ) I'm also trying to cut down on my wheat intake so Red Days help in that respect...

I'm not keen soya milk esp the sweet stuff, I bought rice milk yesterday and did wonder about the almond milk, I love the smell of almond and the taste but wasn't sure if it would be high in syns or I could use a a hex so I might go back and buy some to try, I bought some dairy free plain yoghurt and cheese I hope the syns aren't too high on the yoghurt so that I can add fruit or whatever myself... It'll be an intersting experiment anyway...

Thanks for the reply

Hey girls! Just did the shred and I have to say it think I've had a breakthrough! I can do all the press ups, I had to not do the jumping jacks as I've realised they are what's doing something to my knee, so missing those out I did it all and with more ease than ever! Yay yay!! :)

Ah I love cooking, my twins are 5 and I think it's really important to keep doing new things and varying all of our diets loads, they aren't fussy at I cook us all the same things.

Don't ever feel like a bad mummy, your just a bit meh about your interview, why do you feel it wasnt so good? What was it for? I bet it wasn't as bad you think, we all can be overcritical and it's never usually deserved

Xx

ultrabluedress said:
Thanks scarlett I can tolerate cheese and yoghurt but seeing as my consumption of them on SW has gone up I'm wondering if I'll feel better not that there has been a problem since starting SW I just eat a lot more of them (I love SW as I can have cheese cheese cheese :) ) I'm also trying to cut down on my wheat intake so Red Days help in that respect...

I'm not keen soya milk esp the sweet stuff, I bought rice milk yesterday and did wonder about the almond milk, I love the smell of almond and the taste but wasn't sure if it would be high in syns or I could use a a hex so I might go back and buy some to try, I bought some dairy free plain yoghurt and cheese I hope the syns aren't too high on the yoghurt so that I can add fruit or whatever myself... It'll be an intersting experiment anyway...

Thanks for the reply

I know a few people who love the kara milk, I think they do a choc one which would be nice on weetabix, or you could amend and have oatabix if your trying to cut wheat down x

Jenny809 said:
Charl, you are a proper little cook! Will def try some of your suggestions, chicken, veg etc in a tray sounds wicked! I really get into cooking lots, feel like I'm not a proper mummy at the mo :-(

Not having a happy day, just had an interview which was really tough :-( the urge for a massive piece of cake right now!

Welcome A, it's fab here. So much fab support, advice and lots of lovely people. We all keep each other motivated. I do mainly red days cos I loooooove my meat!

I weighed out 28g of special k this morning, it was such a stupid amount so tipped it back and had a muller lite, loads of fruit and a crumbled up alpen bar - lush!

I need to get out running again, someone kick my arse into gear!

Anyone from bristol, just out of interest?

:)

I hate how crappy the cereal allowance is, I did realise you can have 2 weetabix last night tho, which I had this morning and really really satisfying. Put some sweetener on and some strawberries def def better than the crappy 28g pathetic measure for most stuff! X

Thanks for the words of welcome folks! Can tell I'm going to get lots of great ideas on here!!

Will definitely start a food diary!

A xxx

Hi,all i,m sarah joined this site months ago and posted on other threads but not on here,i don,t think! Been doing sw since feb from home and lost just over 3st,which is just 7lbs from target! Had a bad couple of months,lost my mum and my weights been up and down. After weighing in today i,ve now put on 4lb so 9lb till target now. I,ve decided i need a huge kick up the bum and either need to go back to basics or try green or red days. I,ve always done ee! The problem is i can,t find threads on it. Can anyone please help, Thanks

Welcome all newbies, nice to have some new input :)

I know it's really bad, but I had some vodka and gin last night and am not going to syn it... I had a really good night with a good friend of mine, and don't feel bloated/hungover/bad for having it, and it was such a little amount and I haven't had a drink in a few weeks... I stuck to the diet food wise, so that's all good :) I had the most amazing desert last night, and it was so simple! A tbsp and a half of squirty cream, loads of raspberries and 10 mini meringues (1 syn! :O) so I am happy with that discovery :D

Back on plan 100% today, doing another green day (which I am loving). Came down this morning and mum said I was looking skinny so I am in THE best mood haha! Especially considering she sees me every day and I wouldn't expect her to see too much of a difference :D

Sorry for the rambling haha, just in a good mood! Really thinking about attempting the 30 day shred today, scared though :( I will think about it for now :p x

Laura sometimes we need a little boost if you didn;t have huge amounts I wouldn't worry too much, at least it's not as bad as the syns in Alcohopops as I discovered today, I had those on a night out sat as they are easier to cope with in clubs etc than glasses of wine etc and I couldn't believe the syns when I came across the page today!!! You stuck to plan on the food side too which is good......

Yeah, alcopops are ridiculous! I guess it's because they are mainly sugar... :\ Yummy though haha! They should do a diet version :p But yeah, I am still feeling healthy, and I think I would syn them if it had made me feel guilty or anything, but who cares ;D

Back