DOING SW FROM HOME???

Just cooked up a massive batch of spicy bean and vegetable bake, smells yummy! Gonna freeze it in pots for easy teas on green days.

:)

Ooh, that sounds nice :) I'm off to make some lovely green day chinese food - 'fried' rice, spring rolls (trying out filo pastry for the first time) and stir-fry with noodles. Would love to make some seaweed too, but nearest shop to sell curly kale is 10 mins walk away and it's cold and miserably wet outside, so will skip that :p I want to add more dishes, not sure what else to do though...

Prawn toast would be lush, totally no idea how tho, esp sw friendly! My bake was lush, really filling, less cayenne pepper next time, ha!

Been told a good tip for a pudding. Freeze a banana (peeled) when just turning black, then with a hand blender whizz up a little for banana ice cream! Add a tiny amount of cocoa for chocolate & banana ice cream. I have banana's freezing, gonna try it tomorrow!! ;-)

When fruit is pureed (like when you whizz it up after freezing) it has syns... Well, that's what people have been saying anyway - but it's because of food abuse I think, so I don't tend to stick to those rules.

I made the spring rolls, and they were really yummy - well worth the 1 syn each for the pastry :) Also made egg fried rice with peas, and it was nice with just those two things and a bit of sweet chilli sauce to dip. Attempted to make seaweed using spinach, really didn't work though so I just chucked it :p

Yea, I'd read that too but figure if you're in need of a pudding then a few syns are better than loads!

Your chinese feast sounds lush. Is the egg fried rice literally cooked rice mixed with peas and scrambled egg? Is the spring roll recipe in the green book? Think I'll try it!

Just got back from a swim, did 26 lengths and am feeling good!

Yeah, I cracked two eggs into a frying pan with some soy sauce, kept stirring until they were cooked, added some frozen peas and cooked until hot and then added some cold, cooked rice and heat until warm, add some more soy sauce to taste and that's it :) The spring rolls were just various veg chopped small or grated, fried for 5 mins with some soy sauce, and then using 1/3 of a sheet of filo pastry, roll and seal with beaten egg, spray with frylight and bake at 200c for 15-20 mins, turning once.

Didn't explain either of those very well, but they are quite simple haha, let me know how it goes if you try it :) There are loads of egg fried rice recipes on here, and they all look good, esp Pete's - type in Pete's egg fried rice or something and you should be able to find it :)

I love egg fried rice! I've become totally addicted to chicken and crispy kale too. I just bake the kale in fry light then cook some chicken with Sezcheun peppercorns and chilli salt the add the kale for a few mins with a tiny bit soy. Totally addicted!! X

Morning all,

Sorry to repeat what I know someone has already asked but did someone mention something about cooking chicken in a can of diet coke? It sounded nice but I cant find the recipe on here. OH is cooking tomorrow so I thought I would set him the challenge x

Well Done Lorna!! :D

Mmm all this talk of nice but SW friendly food is making me hungry! Haha!

It's my star week this week so feel all bloated n yucky! :(
Had another sneaky peak this morning to see the damage and I'm showing STS! Hope it's like that or a loss on Thurs! Can't see that happening tho as every week I weigh ok leading up to WI but on the Thurs it's not good :(

I'm gunna make soup in the next few days coz really wanna get my 1/2 stone award finally!

Good Luck all xMwahx

Just a tip witht the diet cola chicken if the sauce doesn't thicken after a few minutes transfer it to a frying pan and reduce it down that way it made a difference the second time I made it, gosh all this foods making me hungry I woke up hungry today which is unusual for me...

Arghhh I hate weighing myself I had a sneaky weigh in Thursday and I'd hit target, so I was right I'm not going to put anything on before official WI on Wed, so I've been good all week end, no sneaky glass of wine or anything as I really did not want to mess it up, I was still shoing target weight on Sunday and feeling quietly confident then bam yesterday and today I'm showing 2 1/2lb gain :( I've done nothing different not gone over syns etc, the only change I made was no bread just crispbread or porridge oats, and changed my cheese and yoghurt to lacto free (I've synned the yoghurt) I thought that would actually help as I tend to pick at cheese when I'm cutting it for the rest of the family so I haven't been doing that... I'm so bummed now as it's not approaching star week and I know the bodys weight fluctuates but I can't see a reason for it...

Hope everyone is having a good week with lovely losses xxx

I'm going to read through these recipes now, I've got green beans and asparagus that need using up by today and have no idea what to do with them other than garlic chicken parcels with salad. mmmm

Charl hope you got a appoinment with the Docs and everythings okay (hug)

Laura the spring rolls sound delicious I'm putting filo on my list for shopping tomorrow it's worth a syn or two, how about adapting the syn free bbq sauce to something more a little chinesey and marinating pork strips in it? A little like spare ribs, god I'm hungry

Ooh, that does sound good :) I have heard lots of people say (and I agree) that the diet coke sauce would make a nice rib sauce - my mum does an amazing non-diet coke sauce that is absolutely divine on ribs!

Thanks girls! :D Did aqua fit yesterday, taking my 15 month old swimming today and then im gna smash just dance later! Going for a bigger loss next week if i can, so its home made turkey burgers, home made chips and beans tonight all from slimming world of course, and being cooked by the other half. He's well trained now in slimming world cooking! :D Good luck everybody x

Try and stop weighing mid week hun, not doing you any good! I've weighed day before official wi and had a gain then the next day a loss. The body is very bizarre! Are you drinking enough water? I try to have a pint every couple of hours, altho some days it's evening and I suddenly remember and then drink 4 pints!

I don't think I've lost anything this week, tried a couple of green days but feel really bloated after carbs. 2 sneaky glasses of wine on Sunday too. Oh well we'll see!

Think I might try and up the super free foods, will get some melon in.

My hubs is the same, he knows I'm SW he's watched me cook SW but it doesn't seem to click with him that you don't do things like frylight something then add olive oil :rolleyes:

Green days make me fell like that too Jenny I tried one once and could barely move a few minutes after dinner... I tend to stick to Red days but today I can't make my mind up what to do with my chicken tonight so I don't know whether to go Red or EE.

Lorna turkey burgers sound yummy I mught put that on my shopping list for tomorrow, I've just realised I haven't made burgers since I started slimming world I've just stuck to quorn ones, sounds like tomorrows dinner is sorted

Just had a lovely ham salad and half a melon, time for a quick coffee then off to school for the end of year award ceremony

Oh noooo. Another bad day for me! Went to a Chinese place for lunch with my friend as we haven't seen each other for a few weeks, I feel rank and bloated, def going to eat soups for the rest of the week, and shred tonight til Friday and fingers crossed I might STS. Thinking about doing a vlcd until I go to thailand to lose the weight fast, has anyone done this? Xx

Back