DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome aboard tonianne and kelly

Hi! Your menu sounds good apart from watch the tesco salad as raisins and apricots aren't free, and the McCain potAtoes are 1 syn each I think.. Other Than that looks good.

Don't think by not having SYNS you'll lose faster as for some reason this plan doesn't work like that, you lose much better if you eat as many of your 15 a day as poss. Or if you like start the week with 115 and have some high/low days which is what I do..

Good luck! Xx

Moorrrrning! Welcome new people :D

Woken up feeling a bit crap with a cold but in a really good mood for some reason! Might be helped by the fact I got £40 through the letter box this morning for doing the cleaning last week! That covers the order I just made on New Look ;D Also I have loads of free, yummy food in the fridge! I made smash pizza and chips last night for dinner, so have another meal of that to eat, I also have 3 huge tubs of a lovely vegetable soup I made and mum bought me some salmon fillets this morning especially because she's making some battered sweet and sour thing for the rest of the family which is lovely of her :D It's nice that she found me an alternative she knows I love so I won't feel like I am missing out :) I was going to have a green day - but that was mainly because we had no meat etc anyway, so YAY to the salmon!

Hopefully I will have a productive day - need to actually get out of this pit of wallowing etc and shower! Get up and do some exercise - GO FOR A WALK AND GET SOME FRESH AIR! I will not let myself get depressed again :p I'm hoping exercise will also sort out my blood sugar which has been dipping in a really weird way and making me feel like death!

Hope everyone else is having a good day :D xx

Not really, she just said if its nothing obvious I'll go have to have a load of scans. Great! Feeling pretty run down too, trying to juggle quite a lot and feeling the strain a bit. It's annoying as I went to the docs a few months ago as I was concerned and he just brushed me off so I'm going to be pretty annoyed if there's something wrong. Women dr's are so much better at this stuff!

Wow! Well done on the 3lbs! That's amazing! Xx

thanks Hun, although feeling even worse today. Just went into New look on my lunch and can't get a pair of jeans to go past my hips! :(

i think i'm going to try Zumba, but i'm not keen about going on my own, will just have to take a deep breath! x

i think i'm going to try Zumba, but i'm not keen about going on my own, will just have to take a deep breath! x

Zumba is really good, i go on a monday. Its one of those things that no one cares what you look like doing it and to be honest you're too busy concentrating on the moves and trying to breathe that your nerves soon go. An hour flies by and it is so good for you. Go for it :)

Zumba really is amazing for your body! It's a good work out and gets your heart pumping but is so much fun, and like torianne says, everyone is so focussed on following the moves (thats the bit I'm rubbish at, moves too fast to keep up haha!) that you won't have time to look at anyone else - and as for going alone, it's a good way to make friends, or if you don't want to talk to anyone, just get in no distractions and do the work out then leave! I am defnitely going to try hard and go often when I get my gym membership :) x

Newbie looking for support, doing Slimming World
Hello, everyone ☺

I'm new to this website (and still trying to get my head round how forums work!). I have come here for support in helping me lose weight permanently. In 2010, I lost 5 stone in 4 months, due a turbulent time in my life where I didn't think too much about food. I got down to 12st6lb, and felt more confident than I've ever felt. I was a size 14. Now, almost 3 years later, I weigh 16st2lb, so I have nearly put it all back on! I am a size 18. This is entirely my own fault, I have a much better life now and there is more than enough time for food! I need to focus, get some support, and I will hopefully do this once again. I am so unhappy with the way I look now, and want to get back to the figure I felt very confident with.

Thank you for reading. I'd love to talk with others in a similar situation.

All the best,

Sophie, 23, Manchester​

Newbie looking for support, doing Slimming World
Hello, everyone ☺

I'm new to this website (and still trying to get my head round how forums work!). I have come here for support in helping me lose weight permanently. In 2010, I lost 5 stone in 4 months, due a turbulent time in my life where I didn't think too much about food. I got down to 12st6lb, and felt more confident than I've ever felt. I was a size 14. Now, almost 3 years later, I weigh 16st2lb, so I have nearly put it all back on! I am a size 18. This is entirely my own fault, I have a much better life now and there is more than enough time for food! I need to focus, get some support, and I will hopefully do this once again. I am so unhappy with the way I look now, and want to get back to the figure I felt very confident with.

Thank you for reading. I'd love to talk with others in a similar situation.

All the best,

Sophie, 23, Manchester​

Sophie welcome. We are in the same boat and everyone on the forum help each other. There is so much support. So as soon as you feel, you have question or drifting towards food, com on here and we all help you staying with the plan. Just take losing the weight. we all lose weight at different rate. Also the slower you lose the longer you can maintain the loss. I have found that the more of free food I eat (until satisfied) the more I lose. It is very important to realise that this is not a diet but a new lifestyle/ plan and needs to stay for a long time so experiment with receipes and see what best suits you. Try to avoid processed and artificial sweetners as they keep to food. Do not skip your syns as they are a vital part of this plan. Well that is the giest of it. Pease ask questions if I have not answered your questions and someone will help.

Again welcome and good luck.

Thank you so much for your support. It's great to see your success story, I know I can do this and I'm so glad I found this website!

Thanks again,

Sophie.

There's so much temptation in my house right now D: my sister got fish and chips for lunch and I'm ashamed to say I stole a few of those and now my mum odds getting the chicken balls for the sweet and sour dish her and the others are having for dinner and it smells gorgeous! I have to control myself and look forward to my salmon! Xx

Hi everyone, I'm new and just started SW from home, finding it a bit confusing so far and hoping it all falls into place! I'm currently 10st11lbs and would like to get to about 9st ideally.
I'm really looking forward to chatting with some new people and looking for delicious recipes, especially winter warmers that I can chuck in the slow cooker.

Lizzie :)

Hi everyone, I'm new and just started SW from home, finding it a bit confusing so far and hoping it all falls into place! I'm currently 10st11lbs and would like to get to about 9st ideally.
I'm really looking forward to chatting with some new people and looking for delicious recipes, especially winter warmers that I can chuck in the slow cooker.

Lizzie :)

Hi Lizzie,
I'm new to this too, only been doing SW 16 days now but its going really well and i'd recommend it to anyone. This site is also really good and the ladies are so helpful.
Good luck on your journey :)
x Toni x

Thanks guys :) as sob as I posted that I ran off to start the prep for my dinner, so that has helped! Yummy roasted vegetable couscous with sweet chilli salmon :D only problem now is the half hour for it all to cook haha!

Its so good to have so many new people, it makes be remember how motivated I was when I begun my slimming world journey and makes me more willing to stick to plan :) welcome everyone! Xx

Hey! I was 15st13 so totally understand how it feels, I think I was an 18/20 I'm a 16 now and 14 in some shops, feels nice. Just plan your food and write a food diary, have your SYNs and come here when you need some motivation, it's way better than going to classes as its way more supportive. You'll get there :) xx

Evening everyone and a warm smiley welcome to the newbies! This forum is fantastic. I truly believe I couldn't have lost my 3 stone this year without minimins (mainly the girls on this thread!) Good luck, we can all do it :)

At work munching on carrot batons and cherry tomatoes! Altho, I've had a few sweets that someone brought back from hols, the lush spanish fruity ones, whoops! Ah well, not in again til Friday and hopefully they would have all gone! This place is a nightmare for temptations, people are always buying us biscuits and chocolates and it's just gonna get worse leading up to christmas :-(

Anyhow, got some bargains in aldi today, a tray of 8 chicken drumsticks for 93p and gammon steaks for 45p! Love it :)

Hope everyone is having lovely sw meals. Yummy sounding salmon Laura!

x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Bf is being a total bad influence at the mo, he asked for treats so I bought a choc trifle! Where has my resolve to stick to plan gone! I'm eating like I'm already at target! Grr! Although abstained on the carbs at dinner and just had roast chicken in my new chicken crock was lush! SW coleslaw, big salad and beetroot, pretty full too which is nice! I need a kick up the ass! At least I'm walking loads now with the pup. Xx

Haha! Totally have! Annoying really, been totally struggling the last month, haven't gain any weight or anything and lost 4lbs since I got back just can't seem to get back into it, sugar is so addictive, when you don't have it your fine that first few days of choc and ur all over it again! At least I don't really drink anymore I guess, and def have much smaller portions than I used to, or rather stop eating at that full point not stuffed which I used to. It's prob my saving grace I guess! Apart from the choc trifle everything else I've eaten has been great! I'm having a last day of normal eating tomorrow then back to plan Thursday. Only because I fancy Thai curry tomorrow as the boys aren't home so when they aren't here we can eat super spicy, yay!

I need to plan again, it's where I'm going wrong! And the lack of exercise, might go for a swim after Uni tomorrow, get back into some lighter exercise. Eee blooming hell! Ooo I know, I'll get my mags out and read the success stories they always inspire me! Xxx

I have just started doing sw at home and wondered how ppl are finding it. Is it ok to stick with extra easy as i find the red and green more confusing hopefully will get into it as i am on it later. Always been on weight watchers so worrying about the unlimited pasta and rice!!
Thanks!!

Back