DOING SW FROM HOME???

did you ever do WW simply filling? I'd maybe try to look at SW as a similar thing, so don't eat until you feel sick just because its unlimited, just eat until you're satisfied. I did EE to start with, now mix the days up as sometimes I like having milk and cheese in a day. But yeah I'd start with that def, loads of people do brilliantly on that plan, just for a few red and green works better. xx

Yeah I had good losses for a few months with only doing extra easy days. It was only when my weight loss slowed down/stopped that I started to get my head around green days. Red days just don't appeal to me, end of story haha! Can't live without carbs ;) x

Thanks, it my portiom size that lets me down. Youve had a fab weight loss! Hopefully reading others forums will help motivate me to do it at home. I hav 4 stone to lose so need to get in to it. What type of meal plans do u follow ? Xx

I weight stuff now so I know I'm having reasonable portions of carbs, as i know from trial and error the unlimited thing doesn't work for me, I have to restrict them, always have wholewheat bread/pasta/noodles/rice too. Seems to help. A usual EE day for me is bacon and poached eggs with mushrooms and tomato, maybe salad with cold meats and pickles for lunch and SW coleslaw, or a frittata, or jacket potato, and we have stir frys loads, or roast chicken and roast veg with salads. We make bolognaise a lot as my boys love it, or SW curries with an Indian salad. Lush! SYNS always go on choc like! X

Oh I have a food diary on here if u want some inspiration, I'm lame and put photos on too. Just click on my profile and u can find it from my posts I think, just ignore all the naughty extras the meals are sound tho! X

Thanks this really helps! As im not going to classes these forums seem like great support. This i my first week so planning ahead and hoping to get good results my first WI!! Xx

Hi everyone, I'm new and just started SW from home, finding it a bit confusing so far and hoping it all falls into place! I'm currently 10st11lbs and would like to get to about 9st ideally.
I'm really looking forward to chatting with some new people and looking for delicious recipes, especially winter warmers that I can chuck in the slow cooker.

Lizzie :)

Welcome Lizzie - Your stats are exactly like mine! I started at 10st 11lbs in April and lost around 6.5lbs on my own. I got to a point where I could lose anymore and couldn't get to losing 1/2 a stone so I started going to class with my friend. I WI tonight but I've had a sneaky peak this morning on the work scales I started weighing myself on in April and it looks like I may hit a stone loss all going well!
Any questions or if u wanna know syn values etc just ask :D
Good Luck!!! X

Hello Boys and Girls,

Im following SW from home, but working from the old book! do you get the new book when you "join?" nd how much?

Hey Hun welcome to our group! I joined class in July and they had an offer on where it was £10 to join and free 1st week. Not sure if there are any offers on at the minute but sometimes they have coupons in magazines for free membership and u just pay the weekly fee £4.95. You get the new books when u join x Good Luck!! x

Newbie looking for support, doing Slimming World
Hello, everyone ☺

I'm new to this website (and still trying to get my head round how forums work!). I have come here for support in helping me lose weight permanently. In 2010, I lost 5 stone in 4 months, due a turbulent time in my life where I didn't think too much about food. I got down to 12st6lb, and felt more confident than I've ever felt. I was a size 14. Now, almost 3 years later, I weigh 16st2lb, so I have nearly put it all back on! I am a size 18. This is entirely my own fault, I have a much better life now and there is more than enough time for food! I need to focus, get some support, and I will hopefully do this once again. I am so unhappy with the way I look now, and want to get back to the figure I felt very confident with.

Thank you for reading. I'd love to talk with others in a similar situation.

All the best,

Sophie, 23, Manchester​

Hi Sophie!

Another fellow Slimming World newbie here as of Monday!! :) and by the sounds of things a newbie with a very similar story to you!!

In 2009 I lost 4 and a half stone and got down to 12st 4lbs and, like you, felt absolutely phenomenal!!.. by December 2011 (similarly, but in my case causing a gain, I put it down to (as well as my gargantuan appetite!) various life happenings during the 2 and a half year period), I was back up to 15stone and felt soooo disappointed with myself. I’ve always been a big iffy with sizes and different shops but I was somewhere along the lines of 16-18. I worked hard to lose the 4 and a half stone, really bloody hard and for what!? I was having a tough time in my personal life too at the time so everything just felt really overwhelming, and it wasn’t even just when I looked in the mirror, it was just a general constant feeling of nausea and gross-ness at what I looked like, all the time. I feel quite emotional just writing about it actually as I was in such a bad place!!

But…..and this isn’t me bragging but hoping that it will provide you with motivation :) :) I am SO happy to say that after 10 months of calorie counting I have lost just over 2 stone and last weekend treated myself to a pair of denim shorts from American Apparel in a size……….10!!!! Don’t get me wrong they are far too tight to be socially acceptable right NOW….BUT…they do up!!! And I will be in them….in public (not just in my bedroom, lol)….by New Years Eve to mark my 1 year on the wagon :) I hit a bit of a brick wall recently which is why I’ve switched to Slimming World as I do think that the body can “get used” to the food it’s given (just my opinion!!). I had a short SW spell in 2010 but I’ve really thrown myself into it this time and forgotten what a great plan it actually is and am totally kicking myself for not doing it the SW way the whole time! It's so easy and can't believe the things I'm "allowed" to eat. After starving myself of bread and cheese for 10 months, I feel like I'm on holiday!!!! :D now just can’t wait to see the results :)

I’ve picked up loads of advice these past couple of days and really feel like I’ve got my head round it now so please feel free to ask anything!!! Or if you’d like any help coming up with meal plans and whatnot!!! I can be quite creative ;)

What day were you thinking of weighing in? I weigh in on Saturdays :) good luck, I will be thinking of you – you can so do this!!!!!! xx

Kelly, 23, Yorkshire

Last edited:
I need to plan again, it's where I'm going wrong! And the lack of exercise, might go for a swim after Uni tomorrow, get back into some lighter exercise. Eee blooming hell! Ooo I know, I'll get my mags out and read the success stories they always inspire me! Xxx

Just noticed that you're from Newcastle! Which uni do you go to? I just graduated from Northumbria last July!!! I miss Newcastle terribly and moving away was the worst decision I ever made - can't wait to move back!!! :D xx

Hi Sophie!

Another fellow Slimming World newbie here as of Monday!! :) and by the sounds of things a newbie with a very similar story to you!!

In 2009 I lost 4 and a half stone and got down to 12st 4lbs and, like you, felt absolutely phenomenal!!.. by December 2011 (similarly, but in my case causing a gain, I put it down to (as well as my gargantuan appetite!) various life happenings during the 2 and a half year period), I was back up to 15stone and felt soooo disappointed with myself. I’ve always been a big iffy with sizes and different shops but I was somewhere along the lines of 16-18. I worked hard to lose the 4 and a half stone, really bloody hard and for what!? I was having a tough time in my personal life too at the time so everything just felt really overwhelming, and it wasn’t even just when I looked in the mirror, it was just a general constant feeling of nausea and gross-ness at what I looked like, all the time. I feel quite emotional just writing about it actually as I was in such a bad place!!

But…..and this isn’t me bragging but hoping that it will provide you with motivation :) :) I am SO happy to say that after 10 months of calorie counting I have lost just over 2 stone and last weekend treated myself to a pair of denim shorts from American Apparel in a size……….10!!!! Don’t get me wrong they are far too tight to be socially acceptable right NOW….BUT…they do up!!! And I will be in them….in public (not just in my bedroom, lol)….by New Years Eve to mark my 1 year on the wagon :) I hit a bit of a brick wall recently which is why I’ve switched to Slimming World as I do think that the body can “get used” to the food it’s given (just my opinion!!). I had a short SW spell in 2010 but I’ve really thrown myself into it this time and forgotten what a great plan it actually is and am totally kicking myself for not doing it the SW way the whole time! It's so easy and can't believe the things I'm "allowed" to eat. After starving myself of bread and cheese for 10 months, I feel like I'm on holiday!!!! :D now just can’t wait to see the results :)

I’ve picked up loads of advice these past couple of days and really feel like I’ve got my head round it now so please feel free to ask anything!!! Or if you’d like any help coming up with meal plans and whatnot!!! I can be quite creative ;)

What day were you thinking of weighing in? I weigh in on Saturdays :) good luck, I will be thinking of you – you can so do this!!!!!! xx

Kelly, 23, Yorkshire

Aww, Kelly!

This was just such an inspiration to read. I am sat at my office desk with a big smile :) Thank you for taking the time to write to me. My story pretty much mirrors yours, and I'm really looking forward to getting back to the weight I was happy with because like you said, it really did feel amazing :) I'm happy to be in a much better place now, but I have been kidding myself with food, which is why I've put all of this weight back on. It's only just really occured to me that I used to wear pretty dresses and now it's just black jeans, even when I'm in my pj's at home I feel the need to cover up with a big dressing gown, haha. I love this website, I posted for the first time yesterday and seeing how successful everyone has been has really spurred me on and lifted my spirits no end! I met a girl on here yesterday called Toni and she also weighs in on a Saturday, so like you I'll be weighing in on a Saturday as well :)

I'm a vegetarian and have already seen a few meals I'd like to try, but I'd definitely welcome (and be very grateful for) some meal advice and stuff you have learned.

I am slowly getting my head round this website (it's a bit hard at first, haha!), I found your food diary so I'll try and subscribe to that, I have one too on here that I made yesterday. I need to figure out how to write my weight/goals/acheivements in the signature part at the bottom, I love reading everyone elses :) Congratulations on the American Apparel shorts, they sound super cute!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me.

Sophie x

Hey all, just tucked into a yummy lunch of scrambled egg and cherry tomatoes on toast, no spread!

Wi tomorrow, scales are showing a sts at the mo which I'm ok with as seems to be my pattern after a couple of good losses. At a loss for tea tonight, hate not having a plan!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Mmm your lunch sounds good Jen :) had such a crap morning that I've only just eaten something so I had the leftovers of my salmon and the veg couscous which was lovely :) I think I'm the same with what to have for dinner - might just have to defrost some soup haha xx

Just found ww sausages in the freezer so that will do with butternut squash wedges and some other frozen veg of some sort. Where would I be without my freezer!

Sorry you're feeling crap Laura, sending big hugs and smiles. Thinking about doing kleeneze for some extra cash or usborne book club. Need some pennies, thought of you Laura, maybe you could do something like that whilst looking for a job. Always mixed reviews whatever you read, might be worth a shot?! :)

I just had a good vege meal, some SW chips (they were really good this time!) some chopped tomato, chilli, quorn pieces with onion and tomato, kinda like fajita filling, was really tasty actually, and so filling! One of my fave green day recipies, which if your a vege, you should really follow green as EE makes no sense for u. Is the Riso Gallo risotto the fungi one, with courgettes, mushrooms, peas, quorn chunks, spinach and HexA parmesan added, I have half as it makes quite a lot, but thats totally free of syns and sooo good!

Mmm I want salmon and cous cous! yum!

I'm at northumbria, at coach lane campus though which is a bit rubbish compared to city, what did you study?? I'm from here, and yes I love the toon as well, its an awesome place to live, where did you live when you were here? xx

Bf is being a total bad influence at the mo, he asked for treats so I bought a choc trifle! Where has my resolve to stick to plan gone! I'm eating like I'm already at target! Grr! Although abstained on the carbs at dinner and just had roast chicken in my new chicken crock was lush! SW coleslaw, big salad and beetroot, pretty full too which is nice! I need a kick up the ass! At least I'm walking loads now with the pup. Xx

My boyfriend can be an absolute nightmare! He's not a small guy but i think guys carry weight better than girls, plus it seems more acceptable for boys to be carrying extra weight. I just keep thinking to myself that it will all be worth it in the end. And if i really really need something 'bad' i just have one spoonful/one piece and then it tends to satisfy my craving. Or i brush my teeth because food always tasts horrible with toothpaste!!
x

tonianne said:
My boyfriend can be an absolute nightmare! He's not a small guy but i think guys carry weight better than girls, plus it seems more acceptable for boys to be carrying extra weight. I just keep thinking to myself that it will all be worth it in the end. And if i really really need something 'bad' i just have one spoonful/one piece and then it tends to satisfy my craving. Or i brush my teeth because food always tasts horrible with toothpaste!!
x

Good plan, am gonna pearly whites soon!!

Does anyone know how many syns are in Cadbury's fabulous fingers? They seem to have less calories than the normal ones, which is weird... It says 70cals for a serving but doesn't say how many fingers a serving is xx

No idea but like the sound of them! How you doing hun?

Just braved a run, just an ickle 2.5miles, blimin cold and breezy out!

:)

Back