DOING SW FROM HOME???

Sleep deprivation and diet just don't mix! I've had a slice of coffee cake, a mince pie and 4 chocolate fingers this afternoon :-(

New week starts tomorrow!

Thanks everyone, eldest is on the mend, just littlun left, he's been crying all afternoon and only wants mummy, so hard.

Roast in the oven now, not long til bedtime lol :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Not feeling very well today :( feel sicky. Will be on plan but might not eat much, trying to avoid being sick at all costs. Got to go to work as its the kids Xmas parties which is always chaos and its all hands on deck. Not sure I'll be much help but I'll give it a go. If I'm sick I'll be sent home anyway, policies and all that jazz.

Hope you all have a good day x

Just got sent home :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
ooh no.. everyone seems to be a bit ill atm! stinks considering its nearly xmas! hopefully everyone will start feeling better soon!! So today I have officially started Slimming World! Hurrah!! I just wanted to post my food on here for the next few days so I can get an idea from you guys if im even doing it right. Spent all weekend reading through everything and I have to admit it boggled my mind a little!! But here goes this is what im having today:

B: Apple + Muller Light + Tea (2 syns for the milk)
Snack: Banana
L: Chicken paste+Salad Sandwich (Nimble bread for HEXB, 2 syns for marg and 2 syns for chicken paste, because I had no ham dammit :( ) + Chicken and Sweetcorn Mug Shot + Orange Creme Roses Choccy (2.5 syns)
Snack: 2 Satsuma's
D: Jacket Potato + Beans + Cheese (HEXA) + Ginormous Salad

That brings me to 8.5 syns today?

Like I said i'm really nervous about whether I am even doing this right! It would be great to get your guys opinion just until I get my feet off the ground with this! Soo excited to see where this journey takes me!

Last edited:
Missperiperi your menu indicates that you are doing Green Day - you get 2 HEXB, 2 HEXA. Use milk in tea as part of HEXA. Then try to have more syns. If you have just started the plan, I would suggest 10-15 syns a day. All these allowances are for your body get the right balance. Eliminating them will slow down your losses. Hope that helps

Hiya Rosielea! Thanks for the advice. Im actually doing Extra Easy (well I thought I was) but I suppose it is more of a green day.. how do I make it more Extra Easy? I'm starting to get confused between all the plans! eek! and as for the syns, I just had a orange creme roses lol so I guess that adds another 2.5 syns i think!!

Extra Easy is where you have items from Red & Green with 1/3 plate needs to be superfree (salad, cooked veg or fruits). I mainly stick to EE so can have both meat and carbs but fill up my plate with salad or veg (carrot, onion, BNS, broccoli, cabbage, spinach,... - there is a list of superfree somewhere on the forum). However, recently I was not losing much so started mixing the plans, 2 days Green, 2 days Red and remainder EE. After a while through trying you find out which plan suits you best. The more superfree you eat the faster weight comes off - our bodies like working hard. Also drink plenty of fluid (preferably water) and incorportae some exercise no matter how little - start with 5 minute walk a day and then increase to suit you. Personally, I do not go for heavy (my opinion) exercise such as gym sessions or exercise DVDs as if I sop doing them, the flab comes back (not weight). Once again experiment and see how you get on as each of us are different and lose at a different rate.

Ohh! I didn't realise you had to have some green and red on an EE day. I just thought it meant you can have any of the free foods. I suppose for me it would be easier to do a mix of green and EE because there are a few days in the week I can't eat meat or fish due to my religion, and tbh im not a big fan of eating meaty stuff every single day! I drink quite a bit of water (about 3 cups of green tea and 2 or 3 bottles of water a day), and I have been doing the 30 day shred which I love, but then I had to stop for a while because i injured my back like a silly monkey! Thanks so much for your advise rosielea, you have done an amazing job so far and your not far from your target either!! :D

EE does mean a mix of both lots of free foods, but I think what rosielea meant from her first reply is that although you were planning an EE day, it has turned out to be green so you can actually have the milk as a healthy extra rather than synning it as long as you don't eat any meat today :)

Haha i'd wrap. Infact i do if i see something little i like i buy it and wrap it :))

Not doing sw today but eaten sensibly. Late breakfast of omlette ,lunch pasta pot and broccoli and cauli cuppasoup. Not had one since last winter and it tasted fab mmm. Half , slice of frying steak. it needed using up, then ww ready meal fish pie with brocolli and cauliflower. Shows the diffeence between eating on SW plan though im starving already normally im full all evening

Jen hope the boys are beter soon it sounds an absolute nightmare

Oh and the deep fried gouda was delish ;) had to share it with the kids though lol

Ultrabluedress whats gouda? anything deep fried sounds good to me to be honest :rolleyes:. Im training to become a make up artist so i brought myself this huge palette with 200 eyeshadows on it, and im debating wether i should wrap it up or to just play with it. hmmm might mess around with it a bit first and then wrap it. best of both worlds!!
So im trying an EE day today (hopefully ill get it right this time!! :D)
B: 2xweetabix with 250ml ss milk (HeA and HeB) + Banana
S: Apple
L: Large salad with 2 boiled eggs and 3 slices of grilled bacon (all the fat trimmed off :( ) + Mullerlight Yoghart
S: Orange
D: Pasta with tomatoes, chilli, leek, sweetcorn, ham topped with cheese (3 syns - im just guessing because i cant get onto the database atm) with SW chips and side salad

Cadbury's dairy milk choccy from the roses tin (2.5 syns)

Really need to up my syns! Any suggestions?

Feeling a bit better today, can stomach food at least!

Ate a late breakfast of shredded wheat fruitful as I wasn't particularly hungry, that's a hexA and hexB done for the day. Making lasagne for dinner, really fancied it for a while & the tesco white sauce is 6 syns for 1/4 jar which I don't think is particularly terrible if its going to stem my craving! Will team it with a huge salad too. Makes it an EE day for me today. Not sure I'll fancy eating between now & dinner (about 6pm) but I've got fruit in if I do want to snack.
Will syn cheese I put on top of lasagne as well as white sauce which makes today's syns 9.5 in total (3.5 for 25g low fat cheddar).

Ultrabluedress whats gouda? anything deep fried sounds good to me to be honest :rolleyes:. Im training to become a make up artist so i brought myself this huge palette with 200 eyeshadows on it, and im debating wether i should wrap it up or to just play with it. hmmm might mess around with it a bit first and then wrap it. best of both worlds!!
So im trying an EE day today (hopefully ill get it right this time!! :D)
B: 2xweetabix with 250ml ss milk (HeA and HeB) + Banana
S: Apple
L: Large salad with 2 boiled eggs and 3 slices of grilled bacon (all the fat trimmed off :( ) + Mullerlight Yoghart
S: Orange
D: Pasta with tomatoes, chilli, leek, sweetcorn, ham topped with cheese (3 syns - im just guessing because i cant get onto the database atm) with SW chips and side salad

Cadbury's dairy milk choccy from the roses tin (2.5 syns)

Really need to up my syns! Any suggestions?

I really struggle with eating my syns everyday, today I've got to 9.5 because of using pre-made sauce but I don't like to do that. Some people use their syns on 'treats' like a curly wurly is 6 syns, but other people say its better to use them on healthier foods. On a red day you can use syns for carbs and on a green you can use syns for meat, because extra easy you can have both I found I was synning hex's especially hexA's because I love cheese! I've been doing this 13 weeks now and I'm just about getting to grips with it all and know what I can and can't have without checking the book. It takes a while but it really is such a good food plan. Good luck :)

I really struggle with eating my syns everyday, today I've got to 9.5 because of using pre-made sauce but I don't like to do that. Some people use their syns on 'treats' like a curly wurly is 6 syns, but other people say its better to use them on healthier foods. On a red day you can use syns for carbs and on a green you can use syns for meat, because extra easy you can have both I found I was synning hex's especially hexA's because I love cheese! I've been doing this 13 weeks now and I'm just about getting to grips with it all and know what I can and can't have without checking the book. It takes a while but it really is such a good food plan. Good luck :)

Thanks tonianne! Thats the hardest part i have found so far using my syns! Glad your feeling better and hopefully ull be 100% by xmas! woo hoo!!! (i feel like im the only one excitied about xmas at work.. everyone else are such scrooges!)

I work in a children's day nursery so this time of year is lovely because the kids are so excited :)

Thats the hardest part i have found so far using my syns! /QUOTE]

I did not use my syns either until I decided this is a lifestyle change and need to incorporate real life items in there. Then I use my syns as much as I can. Must admit, I have been bad using them on chocolates as I feel my body needs sweets and I was given some over summer time - I have rashened myself to 2 every few days. Other times I have a nice dessert or incorporate in my food like chrizo, curry paste, mayonaise (can't stand extra light which taste of chemicals). I am not strictly on SW - use its principals by the books I have from many years ago, eat what I want (mindfully) and then when I put it in my food diary convert them into Plans, syns and HEXs. Works well for me. In my opinion SW is the best plan for someone foodie like me - I can go without alcohol, cream cakes, chocolates but can't starve on meals.

It will take a few weeks to get your head around different plans but you get there. Ask any question if you are not sure an dsomeone will answer it.

The support on the forum is incredible and certainly, I would not have lost the weight without all these lovely people.

By the way you do not need to syn Ham in your dinner as you are doing EE.

After feeling ok all day yesterday the sickness bug came to a head last night & I was so ill :( don't think I've felt like this in a long time - stomach cramps, sickness, dodgy tummy, dizziness & coming over hot. Am going to try and starve myself for today because it seems eating only fuels it and makes it more painful. I don't even feel hungry and haven't since Sunday so I'm going to listen to my body & just keep my water intake up.

Hope everyone is feeling ok xx

Back