DOING SW FROM HOME???

have had a chicken and chorizo casserole cooking in the slow cooker all afternoon - the smell has been making me hungrier and hungrier!

Jen amazing!! Look at you!

I dunno why I haven't done this before but I grated a courgette into my spaghetti with a few
Oil sprays and pepper as doing red so pasta portion is tiny to bulk out! Was so good!! Stopped me having quite so much meat sauce and I planned to have 1/4 of some garlic flatbread but just had 1/6 :) yay!

Silly question but did you cook the courgette at all?

Hi Im doing Slimming World from home nd have found this site really helpful with loads of tips and ideas. Im an old hane at slimming world and no the diet plan well so think Im going to be ok trying on my own. As Im new to this any help with adding things on here would be great. I would like to ideally lose 2 1/2 stone. I often take pics on my i-phone of my daily meals and would like to post them on here - again any guidance would be fab - thanks
;)

love seeing photos - gives me ideas on what to cook myself

It was me. Cook some potatoes. leave to cool and then grate using the fine tooth of grater. Add salt & pepper, knead into a dough and then shape however you like (I normally nake them into thin patties) - you can take a bit of dough make into a ball and then flatten or put between 2 pieces of cling film and roll out.. Spray with frylight and bake in the oven

Thanks hun

I ended up just using asda flakes of mash potato I'm a bit funny about grating part boiled potatoes I hate the feeling of them on my hands lol, addded salt pepper and paprika made a dough and surprised myself that you can actually roll out potato like pastry, hubs liked it so much I'm under orders to make him scones the same way for his lunch tomorrow.

tasted lovely and put SW chilli ontop with a ww sausage kind of a weird SW chilli dog lol EE day for me so having to remember only one hex a and b today.... going to be brave and have a fast day tomorrow as per 5;2 diet, the days food already packed up and waitning in the fridge guessing it will be easier to not have to prepare food if i can help it tomorrow.

Thanks hun

I ended up just using asda flakes of mash potato I'm a bit funny about grating part boiled potatoes I hate the feeling of them on my hands lol, addded salt pepper and paprika made a dough and surprised myself that you can actually roll out potato like pastry, hubs liked it so much I'm under orders to make him scones the same way for his lunch tomorrow.

tasted lovely and put SW chilli ontop with a ww sausage kind of a weird SW chilli dog lol EE day for me so having to remember only one hex a and b today.... going to be brave and have a fast day tomorrow as per 5;2 diet, the days food already packed up and waitning in the fridge guessing it will be easier to not have to prepare food if i can help it tomorrow.

I don't really understand this 5:2 thing - can you explain it please? Or send me a link to somewhere that explains it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't really understand this 5:2 thing - can you explain it please? Or send me a link to somewhere that explains it x

I think the gist of it is eating normally for 5 days, and having no more than 600 calories for 2 days

I'm a grumpy cow when hungry so not sure it's work for me then! I just looked it up on Wikipedia too :)

It's an intermittent fasting diet, so fasting then days where u eat whatever you want. It's shown that even on your up days you tend to eat less than normal amazingly! Some pretty amazing health benefits so they say, but fasting is hard, really hard I found it so difficult last year xx

It's an intermittent fasting diet, so fasting then days where u eat whatever you want. It's shown that even on your up days you tend to eat less than normal amazingly! Some pretty amazing health benefits so they say, but fasting is hard, really hard I found it so difficult last year xx

I did something similar last year - lost 2 and a half stone doing it. Trouble is with me, I have no willpower, so when I got to my target weight I lapsed back into bad habits and ended up putting it all back on and more! It works for a lot of people though!

Although I don't think I got the smash bit quite right, dinner was yum- did the fish with 'batter', butternut chips, shredded lettuce and carrot with kraft dressing. Yum!

I think I'm going to try it when I feel better... At the moment it has more appeal to have 5 days where I don't have to think about what I'm eating, and the 2 days are easy to deal with when you know you can eat what you want in less than 24 hours!

Thank you for all the lovely comments, I feel like a different lady too!

Just had a very yummy tea, leeks, onion, cabbage, bacon all fried up with s&p, had it with salmon. The cabbage was lush! Would eat a whole plate on it's own :)

ForumRunner_20130204_195059.png

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen you look amazing and as someone else said a totally different person. You'll be at goal soon. I have been meaning to ask how is the new job going. Are you used to office work now or prefer the other work.

Job is ok, thanks for asking. Is very different tho and am missing my patient contact so I've applied to do some agency work on the side. I was actually told to apply for this other job last week, wasn't sure and didn't want to leave new job so soon but they read my cv and said I should apply so did, I do believe things happen for a reason so we'll see! It's a practice nurse job with ideal hours, sounding too good to be true really :)

I did something similar last year - lost 2 and a half stone doing it. Trouble is with me, I have no willpower, so when I got to my target weight I lapsed back into bad habits and ended up putting it all back on and more! It works for a lot of people though!
That is another fad diet and should be avoided. Also not good for your body as stretching stomach on the up days and shrinking it on fast days. Just eating healthily and moderatley will give you a much longer result. Do not forget SW teaches you to change your lifestyle of eating. You can eat everything but in smaller portions with exception of superfree and free food (until you are full - meaning limited).

Job is ok, thanks for asking. Is very different tho and am missing my patient contact so I've applied to do some agency work on the side. I was actually told to apply for this other job last week, wasn't sure and didn't want to leave new job so soon but they read my cv and said I should apply so did, I do believe things happen for a reason so we'll see! It's a practice nurse job with ideal hours, sounding too good to be true really :)

That would be excellent. Fingers crossed for you.

Back