DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm going it alone too, not doing too well at the min though, nights out, holiday, more nights out, also I weigh in on a Monday morning...too close to the weekend!! I just want to get back to target again, I'm annoyed with myself as I got there and maintained for 18 months, then what started as half a pound over target soon snowballed up to 14lbs over :sign0007:.....so, here I am trying to get shot of it again. I know I can do it, I've been there plenty of times before! Just need to get back on track. :)

by the way, I've sts this week, must try harder :sigh:

suzyflo said:
I'm going it alone too, not doing too well at the min though, nights out, holiday, more nights out, also I weigh in on a Monday morning...too close to the weekend!! I just want to get back to target again, I'm annoyed with myself as I got there and maintained for 18 months, then what started as half a pound over target soon snowballed up to 14lbs over :sign0007:.....so, here I am trying to get shot of it again. I know I can do it, I've been there plenty of times before! Just need to get back on track. :)

by the way, I've sts this week, must try harder :sigh:

Hi there and welcome!

I also sts same this week due to Xmas doo's but not shocked.

Oh well, as you say must try harder this week. 100% so far but it's only Tuesday.

Hi all,

Just read through the whole thread and I am a "homie" too :)
I was at target 18 months ago, but 1 wedding and 1 pregnancy and here I am...I've lost 41lbs so far since July 04th with 39lbs still to go.
I had a 3 course meal on Saturday night and have a fancy meal once a week until after christmas now so just going to try and be 100% at all other meals. Still contemplating what to do about christmas day - think I am going to stick to plan mainly (usual all bran for breakfast, free food snacks etc...) but not deprive myself.
I mainly follow red and green with the odd ee day when evening meal requires it.
Best of luck to all of you. x

Hello all,

Well I lost 2ib this week so was very happy about that. My SW login still works, so wondering how long it will be until they 'disconnect me'!

I have got my work xmas do next week and I decided to choose what I want to eat, rather than pick the SW friendly options. I have also ordered a bottle of rose (yep just for me!) but I don't go out anymore so when I get the opportunity then I have decided to make the most of it and have what I want then back on plan next day. I may gain 1ib or 3 but at least I am 'almost' 2 stone lighter than I was back in July!

Hope those on xmas do's this week have a good time

Anna xx

How are we all doing today?

Still sticking at it? Or getting back to it in the New Year?

Are we having fun yet?!!??

Please don't leave me lonely!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

I have been to group several times but to be honest i think it is a waste of time, especially when you can get all the advice and support you need on here! I personally can't see the point of spending £5 a week to get weighed when you can do it at home for free (or for 50p at Boots!). The groups i have been to in the past have either been really good where people share recipes, have taster nights etc but ended up being miles away once i moved, really rubbish where they read out each others losses/gains then that's it or really big groups where everyone breaks off into their own conversations so it isn't really a 'group'.
For me, i think do it from home, buy any books you need off ebay and get the support you need from here!

I agree with everything you say, Spookess. The only reason I go to a group is because it's at 4.30 on a Monday, so I can call in on my way back from work. I stay to group because it's quite a small one, and the consultant is very helpful but if the group was on later in the evening, I wouldn't go as it wouldn't suit me. The group is only a few minutes away from home, and so I'm always back before 6. When I used to go to an evening group, it was always a faff trying to fit everything in around the group.

I tried my local groups a few times last year and both were of no help. The members chat alllllll the time and the leader spends more time saying can we quieten down & listen to what X has to say.....

Now I'm at uni university a 2 hour journey away so by the time I'm home every day around 7pm after leaving at 5.30 am I'm exhausted lol- shift work also starting soon aswell. - so thumbs up from me to do SW at home this time :)

Hi all, I won't be going to class so will need your support!!

I started off going to class and didn't like the consultant- at all. Went to a different class and disliked that consultant even more, it appeared that she had been trained by the first one. My problem was that neither of them really offered any support. One week, after being really good, I put on 2lb. The consultant basically told me i'd done something wrong and after surveying my food diary declared it was because I'd been eating smoked bacon- to this day I've not found a single piece of SW literature that suggests smoked bacon isn't ok. When I argued that, not to be right just because I wanted to completely understand where I'd gone wrong, she told me that I must have been cheating.

It took another class member to ask if it was my star week, which is was, and then she took time talking me through plateau-ing and getting my head back in the game. After that I lost all faith for the consultant. So I'll be hanging round here a lot! Look forward to getting to know you all :)

Ive been a lurker here for a few months,I too do SW at home after being ridiculed at a class about my size. That was at the end of march, and I have lost 5stone 2pounds since :) It hasn't been easy but I'm happier doing it alone

Ive been a lurker here for a few months,I too do SW at home after being ridiculed at a class about my size. That was at the end of march, and I have lost 5stone 2pounds since :) It hasn't been easy but I'm happier doing it alone

WELL DONE :happy036:
I too didn't find the warm and supportive atmosphere SW prides itself on, well done for getting on with things and proving a point.

I am doing it from home too and started a week before christmas. Years ago I went to SW but never stayed for the group as I found it boreing and would not give me encouragement (most of the time way spend weighing members and then the consultant read out loses/gains and that was it. At the time, I was motivated by going in, get weighed and go home which made me stick to the plan. I lost 3 stone by doing t my way. I don't know why but I stopped and put on about 2 stones over 5 years or so. So I decided enough is enough and started again on my own a week before christmas. I have been very good with exception of christmas day (I didn't over eat but had a normal dinner. I don't know my weight loss as I am away at the moment. I will myself next wednesday when I get home. I started a food diary on here so I can keep to the plan. Also there is a lot of support here which I am sure help me to lose weight quickly. Good luck everyone and together we can do it.

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on here for a few weeks. Well I ate lots and drank a bottle and half of wine at my xmas party and managed to STS. I weighed in this morning and have gain 1ib. I was expecting a lot more (maybe it will catch up with me next week!) but very happy with that as even though I have been good, I haven't been 100% on plan and have had a mince pie, some chocolate log, deep fried brie etc but have remembering what I used to eat over xmas I have been very very good! I am out new years day drinking followed by a chinese so going to enjoy myself that day and hopefully won't do too much damage come next wednesday weigh-in!

My SW login has expired now as it has been about 6 weeks since I stopped going to class. I didn't feel I got any support from class, I paid £5 a week to get weighed and listen to other peoples weight losses. Ok we had taster nights but just knew I could do it at home. My consultant was ok but she spoke her mind a lot - like one day she asked the group who has had a good week, and I had lost 3ib that week but gained 0.5 the week before - so I put my hand up as I had a good weight loss and she said it didn't count as I had gained the week before!!

What I do is weigh in at work with a work friend who is also dieting so we kinda motivate each other. I give her my £5 a week that I would of paid SW and she is keeping it for me and I am going away in March for a girly weekend away and she will give it me back as my spending money - so it is keeping me on track to keep at it.

Hope you all had a good christmas and happy new year :)

Anna Bannana that is a brilliant idea to save up your money that you would have paid for the meeting and then treat yourself later on. I am going to out £5 in a piggy bank every week until I achieve my target that I have set by April. Then I go on a mini break.
I knew joining this forum would bring me loads of support and fab ideas.

Anna Banana- love the saving idea!

It's £15 for a monthly swim pass in our local leisure centre and I'm thinking i'd rather spend the money on that. It's for unlimited swims, which I do enjoy a good swim, plus my best friend won't diet but will do a lot of exercise so we'd get to spend a bit of time together :)

Back