DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi, like anna banana I do mainly green days, with the odd red day thrown in. I too, like 2 healthy a's and b's! I think it would be hard to eat so much superfree with each meal! Have just started week 6 now, have lost 12lbs and am loving it! Have done the plan a few years back, but don't think my head was right at that time. This forum is fab,isn't it! I think reading everyone else's stories helps to keep up motivation!

I been doing red, green, EE and now on green. As its my first week, does it matter that I've mixed it up?

Off to work in a mo, no latte for me... Didn't know they were so bad! Jp in the oven with a massive salad and cheese waiting. Yummy

Hi all can I join in?? Love this thread. Iv joined slimming world about four times in the last three years and I just can't keep up with the commitment of it, also expensive!(skint student) my last class was in January and thank the lord I am still the same weight as I was at my last weigh in (I have nooo clue how?) lol I have about a stone and a half to loose so decided to go at it alone, it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I will let you know how I do. Also I do EE. I have lost weight on green/red days but find it super easy sticking to EE. I can have spag Bol every night!! Mm my fave :) I will keep you all posted on weight loss. Good luck! Xx

AmberX said:
Hi all can I join in?? Love this thread. Iv joined slimming world about four times in the last three years and I just can't keep up with the commitment of it, also expensive!(skint student) my last class was in January and thank the lord I am still the same weight as I was at my last weigh in (I have nooo clue how?) lol I have about a stone and a half to loose so decided to go at it alone, it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I will let you know how I do. Also I do EE. I have lost weight on green/red days but find it super easy sticking to EE. I can have spag Bol every night!! Mm my fave :) I will keep you all posted on weight loss. Good luck! Xx

Hi Amber!

Good luck with your weigh in!
Tip for your spag Bol is buy a bag of aunt bessies frozen mixed veg and shove some of that in, it's an extra helping of super free that you don't even notice!!! :0) x

Hi everyone, how's things going?

Sons 3rd birthday party yesterday and did well on the food front so very pleased with myself.

First weigh in done since going solo and first time back to sw, 1.8lbs loss. Happy with that, hoped for more but don't we all.

Vitology said:
So which is the most successful plan to follow then?? RED GREEN OR EE???

For me it's EE. Its the best plan I've ever followed. I love being able to eat totally syn free meals without thinking this will have to be a 'b' box so will this etc etc. most meals combine carbs and protein and not having to worry about this is why I'm a huge EE fan. My favourite dinners are spaghetti carbonara , bolognese pasta bake, lasagna, chicken and bacon risotto and mushy pea curry. It doesn't feel like I'm on a diet. Eating all these yummy things. What's more I still get an 'a' and b' box. I couldn't be happier!
This is just my own opinion not trying to say red and green days don't work cos they obviously do, it's what you feel best doing xx

I do SW from home, & reached target in October 2009. I have never been to group, but was able to ask a supportive friend to pick up the books for me, (I paid her for them). I only knew Red & Green so I lost the majority of my weight on those, but then went on holiday to France, just before I got to target, & couldn't quite see how I could do Red & Green in France, (lots of BBQ's etc) so decided to take the plunge & do EE whilst we were away. Came back with, if I remember right (!) a 4.5lb loss, taking me just under target! I've kept around the same weight ever since, although having recently had 2 major operations I am on the road to recovery, but being relatively housebound for the most part at the moment the kitchen cupboard has been whispering sweet nothings to me & despite coming out of hospital last time being 8lbs under target, I am now 2lbs over target...Grrr. However, I am now back on the straight & narrow. I figure I haven't been through what I've been through, just to put it all back on again!!!

Hello!

I am new here (minimins), I also do the SW plan from home. When I first went to SW a year or so ago I never really gained anything from attending the meetings. Having recently started the plan again (for good this time!) I have decided to go it alone. I weigh myself on the scales in the pharmacy once a week. I find following the plan really easy to do during the week, it's just weekends where I tend to fall off the wagon lol. So much so, that I don't bother writing down what I have consumed at the weekend :eek:

Hi, can I join in? I do SW from home - this is the start of my 13th week (weigh in on Mondays). I mostly do red and green days because I don't have new books - the ones from a good few years ago when EE wasn't in there. I was at class when they introduced it but no longer have the leaflet. Can't seem to find a comprehensive list of superfree foods for EE!

I do do EE when we have a takeaway Chinese, curry and spaghetti bolognese. I don't do it alot in 1 week as can't be 100% sure I'm getting it right.

I too felt class was a bit tedious, it was a huge class and we were there for hours, either waiting for everyone to be weighed or then clap clap clap at every single weightloss! Plus there was some constant no losers that were making not losing seem ok (if that makes sense - they were v big and should have been losing - but they didn't care!)

That said as I get closer to target I may join a class for that extra support to get there and to get the benefit of free weigh-in for target members. Probably when 1st - 1 half stone away (tight of me I know!).

Can I also join I went to class for a while but stopped going a good few weeks ago and after falling by the wayside am now starting it from home and hope to be where I was weight wise before my falling off the wagon in the next few weeks. I loved the group I went to but it went on for a few hours and it did to be honest get a little boring. I will weigh in every monday morning before going to bed (I work nights). Good luck to everyone.

Can you guys help me please? I've been doing this at home for a week now and having mainly green and EE days but as EE is new to me I'm stuck for ideas.

For example, just had chilli with onions and kidney beans and rice but to make it EE I've had a bowl of side salad. It feels like all I do with EE is have salad.

There must be more to EE but feel stuck and unsure as this week based on the above principles I've lost so bit worried about rocking the boat. Can you guys give me some insider hints/ideas on how I can make EE work for me as for us as a family EE is the way I want to go as it makes life simple!!

So any ideas meal on how to get your 1/3 of a plate will be very very helpful please

In spag bol/ chilli/pasta I throw in lots of onion, peppers, mushrooms and of course tin tomatoes, I never have side salad.

Or have fruit just before or for dessert to make up 3rd superfree.

Maybe make a free soup and have that , or if your really hungry have it as a starter and then your red and green for main.

Thanks catmonkey , really good idea about the soup. Didn't know that I could eat my EE food seperate as you say as a starter or pud. I'll look at some threads to get some soup ideas

Really need to get this EE in my head. Feel like I'm struggling a bit... Worried/confused face!

Can you guys help me please? I've been doing this at home for a week now and having mainly green and EE days but as EE is new to me I'm stuck for ideas.

For example, just had chilli with onions and kidney beans and rice but to make it EE I've had a bowl of side salad. It feels like all I do with EE is have salad.

There must be more to EE but feel stuck and unsure as this week based on the above principles I've lost so bit worried about rocking the boat. Can you guys give me some insider hints/ideas on how I can make EE work for me as for us as a family EE is the way I want to go as it makes life simple!!

So any ideas meal on how to get your 1/3 of a plate will be very very helpful please

I very rarely use salad as 1/3 superfree as its just so boring. Almost anything can be padded out itself with vegetables, whether curry, bolognese, lasagne, shepherds pie, chilli, moussaka... the list's endless! Start out with a tin of tomatoes and some onions and garlic, then you can add peppers and whatever other veggies you like (aubergines, courgettes, whatever matches the meal you're making) and a load of spices/flavourings and youve got a base for nearly anything.

Your chilli I would already have included 1/3 superfree in just by making it in tomatoes with onion, garlic, chilli etc like I said, but you could also serve it differently, I often have it on a roasted squash or something instead of rice, as suggested by BritMum:

6246267786_45db3b2a1c_o.jpg

6197744976_92dd0c9b83_o.jpg

Recipe here.

Check out the food diaries for some ideas - mine's here

ermintrude said:
I very rarely use salad as 1/3 superfree as its just so boring. Almost anything can be padded out itself with vegetables, whether curry, bolognese, lasagne, shepherds pie, chilli, moussaka... the list's endless! Start out with a tin of tomatoes and some onions and garlic, then you can add peppers and whatever other veggies you like (aubergines, courgettes, whatever matches the meal you're making) and a load of spices/flavourings and youve got a base for nearly anything.

Your chilli I would already have included 1/3 superfree in just by making it in tomatoes with onion, garlic, chilli etc like I said, but you could also serve it differently, I often have it on a roasted squash or something instead of rice, as suggested by BritMum:

Recipe here.

Check out the food diaries for some ideas - mine's here

Thank you for the ideas.... I do have a bit of a confession it's my husband who does all our cooking so I need to get doing it myself. Maybe I need something that I can have to add to my share to bulk it out (that's why salad is easy I can't burn that!!!)

Well I get a large onion maybe another half too, 2 celery sticks, 2 largish carrots, whizz them up in my mini chopper - this is a classic soffrito so it quite authentic in Italian cookery. I sweat this off until it is soft using fry light and also with some garlic in. The I take a pack of extra lean beef (400g) and whizz it up in my minichopper (bear with me!) and fry this off. This makes the meat grain smaller so it goes further (thus a greater proportion of your serving will be veg), combine the two, and 4 tins of tomatoes. This is your basic mix.

Then for bolognese I add balsamic vinegar to taste, seasoning, lots of mushrooms, sometimes a few jarred roasted peppers, dried oregano.

For chilli I add a tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, a couple of chopped peppers, sometimes courgettes, extra cumin and chilli to taste.

This makes enough for 2 very generous meals for a family of four ( 2 adults, 2 young kids) but quite often includes my mum as well! Sometimes has freezable leftovers for me and toddler for lunch. From 1 pack of mince.

In most dishes I throw in tonnes of onions and mushrooms. Then I tend to use courgette, carrots, peppers, celery, tomatoes. That's the super free bit done. I love EE most of the time the 3rd super free is hidden in the dish I had yummy lasagne tonight xx

Thank you everyone. I will have to make a large batch of veg, freeze it and just add it to my share of each meal. Or I'll have to have a go at making some soup, hopefully some ideas on so other thread.

Do you know of any frozen veg packs that are Superfree? I've got a couple of packs but they have peas and sweetcorn in them

Once again, thank you everyone for being super helpful x

Back