DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi I started slimming world on Saturday so very early days. Just doing from home. I went classes last year so have the materials. I've remembered a lot of things but can't remember a lot of syn values. But I will get back into it. Going well so far and making sure I keep diary up to date.

Hi I started slimming world on Saturday so very early days. Just doing from home. I went classes last year so have the materials. I've remembered a lot of things but can't remember a lot of syn values. But I will get back into it. Going well so far and making sure I keep diary up to date.

Welcome, some of us have access to the online calculator so feel free to ask for syn values :)

Breakfast: 1 slice small wholemeal, 2x tomatoes grilled, 2x eggs fry light fried, baked beans, tiny bit of lurpak lighter, 2x slices ham
Lunch: raspberries, strawberries and grapes
Tea: Mccain jacket potato (1syn) tin tuna, homemade colelsaw (1xsyn for dressing)
I will use my healthy a in coffee through the day and I use silver spoon half sugar in it which is 1xsyn per tea spoon.

Hiya, be careful with lurpak lighter 1.5 syns a teaspoon which can add up quickly, and half spoon sugar is only 0.5 syns a teaspoon, welcome and good luck :)

Well, after my planned kick up the bum today I remembered I was going to the MIL for tea.. So loads of naughty picky bits and salads...! BUT I avoided scotch eggs and pork pies, and ice cream, and chocolate flapjacks.. I took some homemade hummus, and apart from all free food on EE, I had a tbsp of prepacked couscous, tsp of pre packed coleslaw, and half a smidge of garlic bread one of the kids didn't eat! We had a bout 10 syns of wine, so hoping what I had wasn't too bad! I just a had little bits as I didn't want to be rude!
Having IUD cramps again today, and feeling bloated.. but only a month into it, planning to make a decision at three mths... But it has reminded me that its not helping at all with my plight

Well done for resisting the naughty bits, I just have to keep reminding myself that cake, crisps and mcflurries will still be around next year but I might not be if I carry on eating crap the way I have been, I do NOT want to be 34 and on blood pressure tablets!!! :eek:

Can't see me ever ditching the tablets as I was a healthy size 12 when I first went on them :( I know that weightloss can only help though and stop people giving me that 'what does she expect' look when I say I have high blood pressure :rolleyes:

Well done thumbeloulou. I would not have coped in that situation. I love icecream and wine, not in the same glass though lol:D

Ignore the numpties thar think they know whats best for u. You loose the weight a little at a time and feel better for yourself. X:D

Can't see me ever ditching the tablets as I was a healthy size 12 when I first went on them :( I know that weightloss can only help though and stop people giving me that 'what does she expect' look when I say I have high blood pressure :rolleyes:

Omg I know that look lol! Some people just have high blood pressure no matter what they weigh but I know mine has got worse since I have been heavier.. which is really 7/8 years I'm just hoping no damage has been done in that time although I had to have an echocardiogram last year and the lady said everything looked ok so hopefully not! Hope your ok :)

Annoying isnt it!!! I've had ecg's,chest xrays and have regular blood/urine tests. Everything always shows ok thankfully...I just have high blood pressure,it's not a lifestyle thing. I do feel much better all round though since starting SW and that is DEFINITLEY a lifestyle choice for me now :p Hopefully you can ditch the tablets one day..if not,try not to let it bother you,I don't anymore :)

Annoying isnt it!!! I've had ecg's,chest xrays and have regular blood/urine tests. Everything always shows ok thankfully...I just have high blood pressure,it's not a lifestyle thing. I do feel much better all round though since starting SW and that is DEFINITLEY a lifestyle choice for me now :p Hopefully you can ditch the tablets one day..if not,try not to let it bother you,I don't anymore :)

Hi I have highblood pressure and been on tablets for numerous years now and obviously overweight I have regular check ups but recently I've been walking about 100 miles a month on my first month of doing this I went to have a review at the GP and my BP was down 10 units so I've been carrying on with it along with SW have lost a few pounds to. Just thought I would let you know as it maybe something you could fit into your day as its not all about weight as ppl think and I've always been anoyed at they way we get treated my old doctor used to look at me as if I lived out of McDonald's and drank 10 pints of larger a night!!!!!
Good luck with it all and keep your chin up it will come down slowly Xx

Hi there,I walk to work everyday and have an active job,I also enjoy going for walks on a weekend. My readings are always within a normal range but the one time my gp decided to try me without medication it went straight back up!!! At it's highest..220/110.. I was at my lowest weight so the usual assumption that weight is always the problem is very annoying,I agree. I guess I will have to learn to live with it but thankyou for your reply :) x

220/110 wowzer!! How did you feel then? Did you have any lightheadedness or have any dizzy spells? I have a few weird problems that so far no Dr has been able to solve, that's why I'm trying to lose weight really as being fat I just don't think they are taking me seriously!! :(

I didn't really,no. I was a bit snappy and I used to get facial flushing but that was it. My sister,a nurse,was quite shocked at that too lol!!! I used to feel like my doctor blamed everything from a sore throat to an ingrowing toenail on my weight!!! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know they syns for a ryvita original? I ate one earlier but have already had my hexB today on EE!
Thx

I didn't really,no. I was a bit snappy and I used to get facial flushing but that was it. My sister,a nurse,was quite shocked at that too lol!!! I used to feel like my doctor blamed everything from a sore throat to an ingrowing toenail on my weight!!! :rolleyes:

That's so funny when mine is up I feel it in my ears and the top of my head, and I feel really snappy and frustrated about stupid things and bad tempered, which is not like me at all, those were the first symptoms I noticed, then I went on to migraines, nose bleeds, panic attacks, dizzy spells.... you name it! Nearly lost a stone now and I have noticed the symptoms have eased just a little so I am just going to keep going and going until I am a healthy weight and hopefully either these things will bugger off or at least the Dr will listen to me!! :)

Back