DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Fireworks - good luck on your journey!!

I've just started SW this year.... 3rd day in... eek... done SW at home before and was very successful... til i fell pregnant - which I couldnt really track my weight - well i could but i knew i would get depressed about it - so followed the eating plans... until my little one was born - i was still doing well - I was lighter than when i fell pregnant - but the lack of sleep means i wasnt eating well as i didnt plan etc - so ended up putting weight back on...

so back again!! determined to do well this time! or better!! I weighed on the first and was 196.6lb :( wont weigh til Sunday again - hoping for a loss - ultimate goal would be down to 10.5 stones.... (think I'm 14 at the moment!! :S) but first goal is to get to the weight i was before i fell pregnant which is 11lb lighter than now - so 185lb....

Looking forward to sharing the journey!! :)

Hi toots, thank you for your reply! Yeah, sometimes I work nights (although I am a student), and it's tough with messing around with your body clock. How is today doing? I did ok yesterday until in bed ate two ham and cheese sandwiches. This morning I realise that actually 1 slice of that could be counted as HexB (as I ate one slice for bfast), and I also forgot the HexA and I really didn't have much cheese in the sandwiches and n butter just a little mustard and super light mayo so over ate on 3 slices of bread really.... :(

Today is working out a little better.

thats not too bad really with the ham and cheese sandwiches - there are worse things!!! depending on how many other syns you had during the day you could still be under your 15 syns a day.... :)
So dont be too hard on yourself - think i like SW as its quite flexible and quite easy to get back on track. Good luck today!!!

oh working nightshift is not so good - i used to do that when i was abit younger - on the munchies i used to get loL!!

Hello everyone!

I am new to minimins but have been following slimming world at home since November last year. All going pretty well so far, I lost 7lbs in December (before Christmas), put another 3 on over xmas and have lost those 3 since so back down to 12st again.

I'm finding it fairly easy to follow but I think I might need to bring all chocolate items in to work to stop me eating them, I'm awful for munching on sweet things in front of the TV at night, and I am not one of those people who can just have a little of something, and every time I'm shocked at how many syns are in chocolate items! Just highlights how bad they are I guess :(

xxx

thats not too bad really with the ham and cheese sandwiches - there are worse things!!! depending on how many other syns you had during the day you could still be under your 15 syns a day.... :)
So dont be too hard on yourself - think i like SW as its quite flexible and quite easy to get back on track. Good luck today!!!

oh working nightshift is not so good - i used to do that when i was abit younger - on the munchies i used to get loL!!

Thank you toots, I am just getting into the swing of eating normal meals now, I am above syns nearly everyday I think. But like, not on crap stuff. Like today I wanted to binge this evening and I was in the supermarket mentally buying crap after picking up some fatty pork chops, but over all I did some damage limitation. I cut fat off pork and grilled, I had 2 fairly big wholemeal rolls (in addition to HEb), plus some sauces and a big salad, (plus my low cal icecream - 6 syns), so I am probs 10 syns over (heck sausages breakfast and a flavoured quark at lunch - never again!) but for now it is much much better than it used to be. It was never just gonna be doing this an everything just magically being ok. I have stopped eating now tonight, i'm feeling too full too. So I guess the important thing is that I continue tomorrow :)

Thank you for your support!! xxx

Hello everyone!

I am new to minimins but have been following slimming world at home since November last year. All going pretty well so far, I lost 7lbs in December (before Christmas), put another 3 on over xmas and have lost those 3 since so back down to 12st again.

I'm finding it fairly easy to follow but I think I might need to bring all chocolate items in to work to stop me eating them, I'm awful for munching on sweet things in front of the TV at night, and I am not one of those people who can just have a little of something, and every time I'm shocked at how many syns are in chocolate items! Just highlights how bad they are I guess :(

xxx
Keep it up! Well done! I only started 2.5 weeks ago xx

Hi all, Great to have a place to come to as another SW at home person. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all at a group. The whole idea of it doesn't sit well with me. I'm already embarrassed over my weight, I don't particularly want to have anyone else look at the scales with me..

SW seems to have such a great reputation and people swear by it, I like its balance. I'm almost done with week 2, this week i've done mostly SP, Last week I lost 7lbs, but I was conscious of the fact that I didn't feel particularly right about it, because me and pasta/potatoes are not friends, and the idea of having unlimited "sugar free" yogurts doesn't make sense and the only fruit I like is non-speed fruit, like Pineapple, so i'm likely to eat too much. Will be interested to see what the numbers are like this week.

Looking forward to the challenge to spend time on myself this year.

ooh so glad to find others that didnt enjoy the groups, I tried twice and always left feeling like a naughty school child even though I had lost weight, the fact that the weigh in was visible to at least 5 members didnt sit well with me either! I have just started back to it, I lost 3 stone before but sadly have put 1.5 stone back on over the last 2 years and really feeling it! Good luck everyone!

Bit of a blip yesterday... Had a 35 syn binge :/ onwards and upto today though! How about you? 2 time I have binged in three weeks I think with is bloody good for me.

I really really want to lose weight so I'm sticking to plan, I turn 40 in August, I want to be healthy for my children.
hope you have a better week ahead
I had a pie 19syns and went out for dinner and had veg curry rice naan. Then two big glasses of wine...but walked over 8 miles. I cross reference on my fitbit and in actual calories did quite well. I am back on track today so not going to beat myself up about one bad day.

:bolt:

I'm doing it from home

I used to go to group and actually loved my group, although I'd been to a few before that weren't the same. My group is no longer there and to be honest I can't afford the time or the money to go each week.

So I'm trying to get back to my target on my own. I started a month or so before Christmas and did quite well, but had 3 weeks off over Christmas and put on the majority of the weight that I had lost before... I have been back on it since the 2nd January and so far it's going quite well, not 100% on plan all the time but I try and use weekly syns when I know I have an event coming up.

I'm hoping to get the right balance as when I was going to group before I was obsessed with the scales and used to freak out at the thought of plans that involved going off plan, then when I've tried doing it alone I've gone the other way and gone over board at the weekends. I feel like I finally have the motivation to stick at it by myself, I want to be back to the weight I was at target.

Its good that you are still trying despite the gain since Christmas, this is what we all have to battle with, I think the idea is that this is a lifestyle and not a diet like some would suggest! So when these occasions come up, we just have to plan our day sensibly so we don't fall completely off the wagon! So occasions like Christmas would mean not have 3 x weeks off but maybe a day instead once a week and that would at least mean you should maintain, not gain. So when you are invited out for a meal/drinks, plan what you are going to have before you go and eat the rest of the day around this, so if you have syns, so be it, but only for the meal and not the rest of the day. Then the next day, back on plan. When you go out you can always ask for a side salad or extra veg so you always have a 1/3 of your plate full of speed food. If you go on holiday, you need to enjoy yourself, but instead of all inclusive go for self catering and then you won't go overboard. A drink and an ice-cream everyday is doable, but you don't need to over indulge.

Keep coming on here, it's helping me! :)

I'll be honest I don't regret the 3 weeks off, it was hard not too. I'm also of the lifestyle change mindset, I think if I'd been back at target already it really wouldn't have seemed so bad to gain that much.

I think I clearly am back in the right mind set as I had no trouble getting back to it once the 3 weeks was up. I say 3 weeks off, but it wasn't completely. When we were at home I ate normally and had sw meals. But the week before work broke up there were buffets and work do's involved set meals and drinks etc,

Hello

Im re starting again at home, I get married this year in August and want to drop 1 stone 10lb, my goal was always to get to 10 stone, I only managed to get to 11:5 in 2015, messed about all of 2016 losing and gaining the same 7lb, so here we are again weighing in at 12:10 January 2017

I need help

Back