DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Librahope. Happy anniversary!

My weigh in have me a 3lb loss this week which is great.

However had a works do yesterday night and is my anniversary today so going totally off plan (can't face worrying about food and drink on special occasions) so I totally expect a gain next week.

Hey ho, as long as the overall tend is downwards I can cope with that!

Hi Librahope. Happy anniversary!

My weigh in have me a 3lb loss this week which is great.

However had a works do yesterday night and is my anniversary today so going totally off plan (can't face worrying about food and drink on special occasions) so I totally expect a gain next week.

Hey ho, as long as the overall tend is downwards I can cope with that!

Fantastic news about the 3 lbs lost - and Happy Anniversary to you, too! Completely agree about not being able to face worrying too much about food or drink on special occasions... If this whole SW thing is meant to be a "way of life" and not a diet, then we probably need to accept that going "off plan" occasionally is just a part of life. No one wants to be calorie - or syn- counting during a celebration! Supposedly it's all about drawing a line under it and starting back again as soon as possible...?

I've got a few weddings coming up this summer though and I would really like to kick start the weight loss soon-ish (after celebrations are done). Thinking of trying some SP days to see if they help, but I'm not really sure how to manage this as I'm a veggie about 95% of the time and only very occasionally eat fish... I've been sticking to the old Green plan these past 2 weeks as it seems to make more sense for veggies, but on reflection it honestly doesn't feel that different to how I was eating before... Anyone else tried this plan (SP) similarly and had success?

I've done a couple of SP days but I do struggle with them. I started a thread about SP for veggies last week and got a few responses and suggestions, maybe have a look? Favourite SP meal so far was veggie sausages, baked beans, steamed cabbage and swede mash (I added my HeA of cheddar - lush!!). I also had chickpeas, courgette, peppers and aubergine in spiced tomato sauce with feta crumbled on top with Weightwatchers pittas for my HeB which was nice. Can imagine doing lots of one pot curries and stews with pitta for this.

Where I struggle with the SP thing is getting protein at breakfast. Total 0% greek yoghurt isn't officially a P food, but I think I'm going to treat it as it it is. It has more protein per 100g than cottage cheese so that will do me! Otherwise I would have to buy quark, which still scares me a little!

Fantastic news about the 3 lbs lost - and Happy Anniversary to you, too! Completely agree about not being able to face worrying too much about food or drink on special occasions... If this whole SW thing is meant to be a "way of life" and not a diet, then we probably need to accept that going "off plan" occasionally is just a part of life. No one wants to be calorie - or syn- counting during a celebration! Supposedly it's all about drawing a line under it and starting back again as soon as possible...?

My problem is that these 'special occasions' could easily be every week! Tonight is a work meal at a really nice local restaurant, Thursday I'm out for food with friends and Sunday I am at an all day music festival where it will be tough to say no to real ale (my personal diet cryptonite!). Next weekend is a brewtap with a friend I don't see often and the week after that is my best friend's birthday!!!

Where I struggle with the SP thing is getting protein at breakfast. Total 0% greek yoghurt isn't officially a P food, but I think I'm going to treat it as it it is. It has more protein per 100g than cottage cheese so that will do me! Otherwise I would have to buy quark, which still scares me a little!

Ah, Thank you! I'll have a look at that thread now. As for protein at breakfast, do you eat eggs? A hardboiled egg + yogurt with fruit is becoming my go-to morning breakfast. Not sure if you're an egg eater, though... I also read somewhere that the arla protein yogurts are supposed to be good/ veggie/ reasonably low in syns?

I *totally* hear you with the "special" events thing. Last week we had our anniversary dinner, then a meal out to celebrate our friend's engagement, then a very boozy house party/barbecue thing at the weekend. Even trying to make healthier food choices I went over my syns last week by the equivalent of, like, 4 days! :( I guess the answer is to trying to drink less / save up your syns to use as flexible syns / some combination of the two. With my partner's birthday this week (two separate dinner celebrations and a pub night with friends) and the forthcoming bank holiday weekend, it'll be a miracle if I haven't put ON five pounds by my next weigh in. I have no problem sticking to the plan on a 'typical' day, but there are always a couple of days every week or two where I can see that it will become quite difficult.

Any long time SWers that have guidance for this?

I'm not a big fan of eggs and I'm more of a grab and go breakfaster. Ah well, I'm just going to concentrate on making all normal days properly on plan!

So, I'm hoping to keep myself accountable by weighing in each week on Mondays, blogging my progress if I can keep myself inspired, and keeping a load of SW recipes handy for losing weight. :D As long as I have to face someone and be accountable for my weight, I think I'll be able to do okay. -fingers crosses-

Long story short...I'll be joining you guys in the battle of the bulge!

How was today's weigh in Leslie?

Hi everyone, how're we all getting on? Had my weigh in this morning and lost 4 pounds! :D No idea how this is possible, as I'm also having my period atm and this usually makes me gain... Fingers crossed this continues!
Next big challenge is that I've got a big, boozy, restaurant packed w/e planned for my partner's birthday, so hopefully I'll be able to get back up on the horse again straight afterwards (and hopefully I don't just go and gain it all back, groan). Hope others are also having success!

3 off for me this week. Think it is dehydration though! Had a couple of glasses of wine last night...

Hi All, did go to class up to a few weeks ago but with work schedule changing decided to do it at home. How do you All keep motivated and on track . Going to class kept me motivated so hopefully will still be the same

Hi Minnietheminx, I'm doing it myself as well (can't afford to join :( ) but being on here it's the same support as a group and you can speak to someone at any time of day around your work schedules. I'm weighing myself at Boots once a week as by bathroom scales aren't very accurate so trying to do that at the same time each week so it's easier to track. If you need anything to keep you motivated give me a shout! :)

Thanks Heat her for that, I will try to make sure I come on here at least once a day. I have lost 17lbs by going to class and don't want to put it on again

I'm getting back to slimming world trying the scanbran challenge this week, just cooked the lemon/vanilla cake. I've made the toffee and chocolate scanbran cake and the carrot cake all good Put on 16 lb in the last year. I got to target in 2012 losing nearly 7 stone. And maintained for 3 years but moving house job and organising a wedding has cause me to lose focus back on it now

Hi everyone,

Im here and hoping to lose some weight as well as get back into the swing of eating healthier. Ive got a holiday booked for 1st August and while I know I wont get anywhere near target any weight I lose is a bonus.

I am a full time student therefore I don't have the time to go to class and I don't have the money either so I am doing this from home. I have lots of motivation so that should keep me on track :).

Todays plan is to make some carrot chips that I saw on pintrest, I know I can use potatoes as they are free on the extra easy plan but I am quite sensitive to carbs and gain weight easily so I am trying not to eat excessive amounts of carbs. The recipe for the carrot chips involves coating them in olive oil and then cooking, eating a fat as well as a carbohydrate will slow the release of glucose, and I am quite happy to use all my syns on healthy fats.

I shall post some pics of the carrot chips on my food diary when I make them tonight for tea and fingers crossed they taste good :)

Good luck to everyone who is doing this from home

x

I have just joined online. I have had a few (lots of) problems with my consultant, and decided that I can do without any more hassle in my life, but have gone back up to size 14/16. As I'm only 5ft tall, this is too big. I want to get back into my size 10's! Determined to do it! I'm not going to stress about it, but I'm going to do it at my pace, rather than someone saying to me "why didn't you lose weight this wekk, and what can you do to improve it?"

I'm starting today. Got an old slimming world book from a few years ago. Did do calorie counting but got so fed up weighing everything. So I dragged out my old slimming world stuff, and here I am ready to get this weight off. I'm also a little person. 5ft 1. :)

I have been a member since 2011. And I've been up n down rejoining more times than i can remember.it's embarrassing everytime. I've become a joke member

So I basically do the plan from home. I lost 2 and half stone since Xmas and it may feel slower but I feel more in control and I know it's part of everyday life now.

So any tips or advice i am always available xxx

Back