DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello ladies!!! Well I've only the new years eve blow out to deal with now! Put on 6lb in the last two weeks and if my past gains are anything to go by it's gonna take at least 4 weeks to get rid of!!!

How annoying is it that it's so much easier to gain than lose weight!!

My new years resolution is to use my wii fit religiously!!!

Determined to be a size 8 by my birthday in march!!!! :)

Hello x I am also doing SW from home ~ that way I can afford a gym membership! I have tried a couple of times previously however my weight always crept back up! I am planning on starting properly on 4th January due to various nights/meals out between now and then. Really looking forward to trying out receipes :D

How are we all doing today?

Still sticking at it? Or getting back to it in the New Year?

Are we having fun yet?!!??

Please don't leave me lonely!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hi Judith (& Pickle!), I'm kind of sticking at it but have given myself a week off from keeping my food diary and a week off from weighing in, hope that doesn't put me too far off track, I don't think it will because the s/w plans are always in my mind....have done s/w that many times snap me in half and I'll probably have the words slimming world running right through me like a stick of rock!!
I'll be back at it properly in Jan though, I'm determined to get back to my target again. :)

Hi, I am about to start SW from home after the last holiday party tomorrow. So Sunday will be D Day. I feel ready, I bought a pack off Ebay as I cannot justify the meeting money each week. I would rather go to the new exercise clubs started nearby for us over 40s, well I qualify as am over 50. Good luck to everyone. I will keep posting and reading everyones posts.

Good luck Safc! You sound very motivated and you'll get all the support you need round here :)

Hi, I am about to start SW from home after the last holiday party tomorrow. So Sunday will be D Day. I feel ready, I bought a pack off Ebay as I cannot justify the meeting money each week. I would rather go to the new exercise clubs started nearby for us over 40s, well I qualify as am over 50. Good luck to everyone. I will keep posting and reading everyones posts.

:welcome: A step in the right direction SAFC, good luck :)
I hope you don't mind me saying though, looking at the price of the new pack on ebay (selling at around £25 plus p&p), wouldn't it have been cheaper just to join a class pay the joining fee (about £10), get your pack, then not go any more and just do it from home anyway? x :confused:

I'm doing it from home too. I love SW and I tried group a couple of times but it's not for me :eek:

I'm going to try again from home, never done group but not sure I fancy it. I have the books from eBay from a year or two back (has much changed?) and I am determined to get back to my pre-children size 12by my 40th birthday in march so that's about two stone to lose. Will be starting in the new year when most temptation has gone.

I'm going to try again from home, never done group but not sure I fancy it. I have the books from eBay from a year or two back (has much changed?) and I am determined to get back to my pre-children size 12by my 40th birthday in march so that's about two stone to lose. Will be starting in the new year when most temptation has gone.

:welcome: Ang & good luck :)

There was a book change I think in Jan 2010 and another one just this week, there have been a few tweaks and changes, there is a thread - new books/weights - positives and negatives which shows some of the changes (there is a lot of talk about porridge in it!!), might be an idea to take a look. I'm still using my book from 2009 and not doing so bad on it x

Hello everyone.

I have been to quite a few meeting over the last couple of years but had a break for about a year. I have decided to do it alone. My last Consultant was really pleasant but quite overweight herself and I did feel why wasn't she practising what she preached.

I love the Slimming World diet so I am going to weigh myself on Monday (2nd Jan) and hopefully with the help of this forum 2012 will be my year!!!

Good luck to everybody!

Just wanted to say hello. I will be following from home, starting monday 2nd Jan. I would have started tomorrow but got lunch at mother-in-laws who is an amazing cook. Hubby is going to be starting monday too, and hopefully he will be joining our local meeting.
I have been lurking on minimins for ages and I think the support on here is fantastic. Heres to a slimmer, healthier 2012!!

xx

I'm doing it at home too. I joined last year just to collect a pack (cheaper than they were asking on eBay, only had to pay £10 to join and for the first week). I think this forum is amazing and all the support I will need. I will weigh in every Sunday morning. That's all there is too it!

I am a busy working mum with 4 children and in all honesty do not have the time to regularly go to a class and cannot justify the cost at the moment.

I love the fact that I can just jump on here for inspiration and information or to simply get a fast answer to a question.

Good luck to everyone, Jacqui x

Hi, can I join you please? I've never followed a 'diet' before and am a total novice at Slimming World. Its only week 1, I'm doing the EE and choosing meals from the SW magazines. Not got my head round syns yet...just concentrating on not snacking at the moment.

Could someone tell me where I can find recipes on this forum...I've searched high and low but can't find a thread....?!

suzyflo said:
:welcome: Ang & good luck :)

There was a book change I think in Jan 2010 and another one just this week, there have been a few tweaks and changes, there is a thread - new books/weights - positives and negatives which shows some of the changes (there is a lot of talk about porridge in it!!), might be an idea to take a look. I'm still using my book from 2009 and not doing so bad on it x

Thanks for that, I'll look it up. Can't be so bad using older books, everyone was still losing weight then with them anyway I guess x

Hi all, first weigh in out of the way. Starting weight has been confirmed as 12st 6lb :cry:. I have decided to make my target 10st with half stone mini targets in between.
Had my (very late!!!) breakfast of HEB raisin wheats and milk from HEA :eat:. Not sure what i'm going to make for lunch. For dinner i am thinking about having a fakeaway donner kebab :gimi: just need to find a recipe for some sort of chilli sauce.
Thinking about setting up a food diary on here but to be honest, im not sure how many people will read it? Any thoughts?

:new_year: to all of you and here's to a thinner and healthier 2012! xx

hi all i have been doing slimming world from home on my own since April last year i did attend classes and really didnt like it and the fact that the biggest gossip on the estate was the person that weighed us made me decide that my weight was my business and i could do this and i must say this site is fab you can always find help and advice or just somebody to listen when needed i do have a fab hubby who supports me loads and up until xmas i was doing ok so now im back on track also i save the fee that i would pay every week then when i need something new to wear the money is there

Back