DOING SW FROM HOME???

I've done it, I've braved the scales after giving myself a week off, disappointed that I've put on 3lbs but on the bright side it could have been much much worse! :)

I'm feeling positive and motivated now.... I WILL get back to target! :D

I did it from home last year and am climbing back onto the wagon with my first weigh in on Friday (ignore my sig, my target wont be updated till then).
Im setting myself little exercise challenges like cycling 212km this year or completing a 30 day shred as well.

Hi there,

I'm doing SW from home as well. I have been to group in the past, and may rejoin if I feel I need to, but for the moment have fished out my books and am going to try and do it myself. When I first started SW I went to a brilliant group with an amazing consultant. She had lost over 10st, look brilliant and was so passionate about helping us. We have moved since then though and I have been to a couple of different groups. Both were fine in their own way, but never as motivational as that first one. I also find that if I have to miss a meeting, which I sometimes do because of work and/or childcare arrangements I struggle to stay on track. I think weighing in at home and sharing it with you lovely people on here may work better for me.

Anyway, lets see how it goes. Good luck everyone!

I've just started doing SW from home as well. I'm a teacher and can't spend the time at a meeting - I have planning to do! Signed up to online so I can access everything - starting weight today was 11st 12.5lbs :(

Hello all

I am new round here too. Have dabbled with SW in the past using info given to me by a family member, I then joined on line but couldn't motivate myself - guess it wasn't right for me at the time in spite of having at least 3 stone to lose!

I now have at least 4 stone to lose and am having major surgery in 23 days- I don't make things easy for myself that's for sure!!!

Anyway I need to lose some weight before my op so that I can be as good as shape as possible and I really would like to keep on track during my 6 weeks recovery .

I am looking here for support as we don't have SW where I live ( not UK) and found the on line option hugely expensive with no built in support unlike the meetings ( although from reading the forum it seems that's a bit hit and miss !!)

I weighed in today at 17 stone ( I am big boned ;-) lol. But its all good .

Looking forward to 'chatting ' with you all

Hi everyone I started again this morning and am attempting to do it with the help of this site and my willpower alone.

Hi, can I join you please? I've never followed a 'diet' before and am a total novice at Slimming World. Its only week 1, I'm doing the EE and choosing meals from the SW magazines. Not got my head round syns yet...just concentrating on not snacking at the moment.

Could someone tell me where I can find recipes on this forum...I've searched high and low but can't find a thread....?!

Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Good luck! SW is the best eating plan in my opinion...

Hello all

I am new round here too. Have dabbled with SW in the past using info given to me by a family member, I then joined on line but couldn't motivate myself - guess it wasn't right for me at the time in spite of having at least 3 stone to lose!

I now have at least 4 stone to lose and am having major surgery in 23 days- I don't make things easy for myself that's for sure!!!

Anyway I need to lose some weight before my op so that I can be as good as shape as possible and I really would like to keep on track during my 6 weeks recovery .

I am looking here for support as we don't have SW where I live ( not UK) and found the on line option hugely expensive with no built in support unlike the meetings ( although from reading the forum it seems that's a bit hit and miss !!)

I weighed in today at 17 stone ( I am big boned ;-) lol. But its all good .

Looking forward to 'chatting ' with you all

Welcome! Good luck with your weightloss journey..

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me posting in here :)
I am starting slimming world again tomorrow, but will be doing it from home as I cannot justify the cost of the group as I only used to go for the weigh in and never stayed to the group!
I plan on weighing myself weekly at boots on a Saturday morning. I weighed myself today there, and at 10 stone 10 I was quite shocked. When I started slimming world last time round I was 10 stone, so have gained it all back plus 10lbs.
I did my food shop today and have been very strict, no naughty things that can tempt me and have made up a batch of tuna pasta salad for work lunches.
At the moment I feel very determined to do this, but I'm sure I'll have my wobbly moments where I want to cave in so I'm hoping you guys can help me stay on track! My aim is to get down to 8 stone 6lbs, by my holiday in June.
Sorry for the rambling!
Charli xx

i go to boots to weigh in also, think the shop opens at 8:45 on sat morning and i'm there for 8:50 lol .. shops empty and i can just calm myself down take a deep breath and step on..
My next weigh in is this sat coming, see what damage xmas has had on me lol

I think because you can get so much support on here, then you don't need to pay £5 a week to go to the group. I think I have got the motivation I need as ive got a date that I need to do it by, and it's a realistic goal!

I used to go to group, but I found it all a bit boring really, so I'm much happier doing it online. Plus there's no added pressure about gaining. Obviously it's not something you want to do, but at least you don't have to discuss it with a load of strangers ;)

Ive joined groups in the past but a new year means fresh ideas for me, I thought as I'm an old hand at slimming world i would try doing it from home and put the £5 each week into a jar to help towards the new clothes costs when my success shows, optimistic at least!!

Ive joined groups in the past but a new year means fresh ideas for me, I thought as I'm an old hand at slimming world i would try doing it from home and put the £5 each week into a jar to help towards the new clothes costs when my success shows, optimistic at least!!

That is a great idea Kimmykins - I think I'll start doing that as well!

Hi all, I used to go to group and I do enjoy going but my hubbie bn made redundant and £5 a week is extra food shopping money or petrol so I've stopped going. I wanted to start the gym or some exercise class but that's off till he is sorted. So not to be put off I am going to do sw from home and today I have started jogging. I do loose motivation quite quickly so hope to keep it up here and looking forward to getting to know you all c

Hi sinead, there's a thread called "post your Xmas gain" on here which, although it has been criticised on other diet threads, i found it comforting to know ur not alone! I'm sorry I can't link u as I'm on my phone. The average gain looks about 5lbs gain over the festive period... I find out the damage today! Good luck!!

Back