DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks julie ..i cannot see where To pm you .....it must be somewhere..but i cannot see it ....doh...

I was told the best way to get 50 posts quickly is to do some of the word games in another section of minimins - worked for me. :D:D

I joined a group but my dad died so I left, now I've put a stone on over Xmas and am trying it alone. I'm really trying to exercise more to.. I like doing it on my own, as group made me kinda nervous, I'm pretty shy so I got really nervous about group. Any tips for going it alone?? Xx

Hi there!

I'm a former serial dieter, now SW convert.

This board is absolutely brilliant. A virtual 24/7 support group that you can access on your next move too- brilliant!

Starting a weight loss diary in the subforum really helps to keep you on track and monitor your own progress. Fellow Slimming Worlders can check in on your diary, see how you're doing and offer you lots of support and advice. It's helped me immensely.

I tend to do the old plan too, mostly red with the odd green or E.E in there.

I look forward to following your progress :)

Good luck :D
I am also doing at home. I get the idea of EE but did not realise I could mix EE days with Red and Green. Does everyone think EE still works as well?

Hello to everyone

Really good to see people posting so much, I am guilty of not posting too much as I am struggling with the plan as I am comfort eating (think that it's good that I recognise this for what it is :). )

I am still recovering from major surgery so am not very mobile and restricted with what I can do I.e the only exercise I can do is a couple of short daily walks - hopefully this will change soon...

Anyway , I wanted to thank you all for your posts as I am reading them and it's stopping me from really going off the rails !

Anyway - weighed in today and have stayed the same for the 5th week running. It was always my goal to not put any weight on during my recovery so back to see my consultant on wednesday and looking like I will achieve this aim :)

Then once I get go ahead to go back to work and exercise I can start really working on losing weight.

Thanks for listening

Blue x

That's awesome your maintaining! I really struggle with actuallly just knowing how much I can eat (or not eat) to stay the same, I fluctuate loads!

Also the EE plan is soooo easy, but you really have to do the whole 1/3 plate superfood thing or it doesn't really work, or not for me anyway.

Good luck! Hope you feel better soon.

Xxx

Good Morning all.

Haven't posted in here for a bit, been posting in the specific weight loss threads.

Seem to be making good progress, had a good week this week with 4lbs off when I weighed this morning, finally back under 15st.

Trying to stick to it as best I can, no booze for a few weeks, and still competing with my wife - although she is only looking for another 4lbs to come off.

We are trying to get a bit more adventurous with the recipies. quorn sausages last night in a bacon and sausage casserole (very nice too) we have also done some of the currys from the menu pages on here. Next try is the ice cream, and we are also trying the quorn mince this weekend.

Up to now been a real eye opener for me, when I think about all the stuff I used to eat on a regular basis and how much fat etc there was in that food. You never really know until you start to look a bit more carefully at things.

Good luck and continued success to everyone.

Hi Charl Young,
Sorry about your dad.
Don't give up on up on your SW venture, have you not got a friend that would maybe have the time to walk with you a couple of days each week?
What plan do you use Original, Green or Extra Easy. I tend to alternate my days.

Ah thank you.

I just do the EE plan all the time, its just so simple, and apart from measuring milk and any syns in cooking, then its no weighing at all, which I like, I just stick to free and superfree foods I know, then syn treats or mayo and stuff. I walk loads anyway, my childrens school is a mile away so we walk there every day. I can never loose weight easily, it goes on so fast and is really really hard to shift, I've never been a 5/6 lbs a week loser, more like 2 very most. Which is frustrating really!! Xxx

Andrew...im the same with my hubby.He is 6ft and weighs 16 stone 5lbs and wants to start eating healthy.His usual problem is the alcohol...which was every weekend at home or out.he loves his chocolate-crisps-nuts-pasties...all the bad stuff! We are trying for our second baby and I suggested our diets play a big part in getting pregnant.He is now eating most sw meals with me and realises how much fat he ate on a daily basis....
Good luck to you both..makes it easier I think when you are doing it together xx

charl_young said:
Ah thank you.

I just do the EE plan all the time, its just so simple, and apart from measuring milk and any syns in cooking, then its no weighing at all, which I like, I just stick to free and superfree foods I know, then syn treats or mayo and stuff. I walk loads anyway, my childrens school is a mile away so we walk there every day. I can never loose weight easily, it goes on so fast and is really really hard to shift, I've never been a 5/6 lbs a week loser, more like 2 very most. Which is frustrating really!! Xxx

Hiya
I just wanted to say that I think it's normal (er) to lose only 1lb or thereabouts a week rather than 5 or 6. And I think lots of people will agree. And life is a total beggar for fluffing things up for us. The thing is this plan isn't a quick fix it's a lifelong change of attitude. A healthier way of eating. Less fat, low sugar, more fruit and veg... I guess that's why the EE is good because it's more 'normal' and therefore easier to incorporate into real life. After that it's just the cider, chocolate and Yorkshire pudding we just need to watch ;)
So carry on, plod away, chip chip chip away. You're amongst friends and all being well we'll get there... chip, chip :)

Hi ..dh away until monday night at a flood area (i live in Victoria Australia) hes in the SES ..so im home alone...got loads i could be doing ..but BORED ...i have biked to the shops..avoided choc,cakes etc ..had a skinny flat white and bought lots of fruit and veg...bought a single wholemeal roll and some thin sliced steak (reduced) which i had with masses of onions and mushrooms..im cooking zuccini slice ready for tea..and got 2 boxes of strawberries for tonight..i might try to make a syn free meringue...have it with heaps of fruit and ff greek yogurt....this is the first time i have been in this house on my own ...first time on my own overnight in OZ...im not really liking it...but if i was flooded ..i would hope someone would come to help me ..

3lbs off for me this week!:Dfinally making progress:bliss:

gained a pound this week :( a bit gutted but it was deserved I guess, went a bit off plan at the start of the week but I thought I'd made up for it enough for the rest of the week. Never mind, still ahead of my original schedule of a pound a week.

ellierose988 said:
gained a pound this week :( a bit gutted but it was deserved I guess, went a bit off plan at the start of the week but I thought I'd made up for it enough for the rest of the week. Never mind, still ahead of my original schedule of a pound a week.

Hi Ellie,

I'm on my phone so can't see your signature but I seem to remember having seen all of your loses & being terribly jealous so don't worry about a pound on. As you said your still ahead over all.

I hope your having a lovely weekend.
Xx

I seem to be slow & steady this time with SW, 12lbs off since January. Feel like I need a little boost just now - I think an evening of new receipe hunting will really increase my motivation levels x

Thanks Emmou :) I know it's ok in the long run! Just can't wait to get back in control now and get a loss next week.

I seem to be slow & steady this time with SW, 12lbs off since January. Feel like I need a little boost just now - I think an evening of new receipe hunting will really increase my motivation levels x

I LOVE recipe hunts! I look all the time for new stuff, meal planning has taken over my life! ha! x

So I haven't been going to group in about a month. Decided to buy myself some measuring scales yesterday and yay, after getting back on track I'm now a stone lighter than when I started! It was my first goal and I can't believe I achieved it!

Following that had a party night out with friends. Blew all my syns but I had a blast, I'm drawing a line under it and going on afresh tomorrow!

Hi all.. My wii board doesn't seem to be working so won't get to weigh in till Friday at my boyfriends! Hope I can stay on track in the meantime! Xxx

Back