DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello, I have been doing SW on and off since Jan with no results, thats because I have a few good days and then followed by many bad days.
I have now decided to stick to this 100% and doing it from home.
Please may I join this board.

Hey everyone can i join u all?

Started back at slimming world monday of last week after a year or so off plan and lost 5lb!! (woohoo go me) lol. Doing it from home now for aslong as possible as money is rather tight at the mo. Feel in a much better frame of mind than last time and super determind to get to my goal. Helps that i have an extremely supportive OH.

Laura xx

Hi and welcome :welcome:

tatabubbly said:
Thanks Charyl young! I have had a crap crap day full of syns. Going to try and cut down for the rest of the week. Not going to starve myself or anything. Superfree and free foods shall be my friend. I will be making some soup tomorrow with chicken leftovers!!

Exactly!! I love the SW minestrone soup, it's sooo filling and no syns! :) x

I attended SW meetings for 6 weeks. I thought that was sufficient time for me to get initial support and to get to grips with the diet.

The EE diet is the most sustainable diet I have ever done. I must admit I'm do not follow it completely (I cheat a little) but I have still managed to lose weight. I reached a point where I just maintained a weight lost and wasn't losing any more.

In the last couple of weeks, I have set my target to get to grips with EE and lose a further 11 lbs - I'm 8lbs off my target.

This forum is proving more informative and supportive than SW meetings and its free! So I'm saving/losing pounds. That means extra money to buy clothes.

tatabubbly said:
Totally making it tomorrow. I need to get concentrated on clearing out my house and then I can get ready to do surveys and make me some money too!

Surveys to make money???

I'm doing SW from home and have been following Green days since I started, I want to try out Extra Easy for a few days to see if it works better for me but it confuses me a little... could somebody explain it please? I'm so stupid and confused :D x

LinzLinz said:
I'm doing SW from home and have been following Green days since I started, I want to try out Extra Easy for a few days to see if it works better for me but it confuses me a little... could somebody explain it please? I'm so stupid and confused :D x

It's the one I find easiest as its not really any weighing apart from healthy extras. You can eat all free food from green and red and 1/3 of your plate should be Superfree food. Choose one hexA and one hexB and you'll be fine :)

It's the one I find easiest as its not really any weighing apart from healthy extras. You can eat all free food from green and red and 1/3 of your plate should be Superfree food. Choose one hexA and one hexB and you'll be fine :)

Ah I see, it does sound easy so i might give it a go :) thanks x

LinzLinz said:
Ah I see, it does sound easy so i might give it a go :) thanks x

Good luck! If you need advice just ask, people on here are so helpful! Xx

I'm in my first week of doing it from home after been away for two years and i canr resist the lull of bread its driving me bonkers i think i might just ban it altogether so i dont know how nice it is haha

im starting sw from home next week as i havent been to group for a few weeks as i didnt like it lol so hoping i do better at home

how many successful at home Sw's are there?

Just wondered how mant people actually manage SW at home. I find that not having the abilty to work out syns a problem. I know the 20 cal rule but what about other elements of foods. The peolple doing WW at home have that edge, there are calculators on line they can use.

I started off going to the meetings but only got weighed and it seemed such a waste of money so left after losing my first half a stone. Continued at home and lost a further 2 stone and am now maintaining successfully.

I have been doing myself at home now for 5 weeks and doing well, only really minimins and find all the support/advice i need here and even when on the go, i have the app on my phone :)

I do, I do!!
I've lost 4 and a half stone since July. If you've got the basic books (food directory is helpful too but not essential) you'll soon get to know what's what.
I've lent the books to my mum so haven't used them since before christmas but know the free foods and healthy extras and look up syns on here if unsure (although generally use the 20 cals = 1 syn rule).
Best of luck, if you are determined, you will succeed. x

I'm also doing this on my own at home. You can find out a lot of stuff on here but I bought a second hand food directory off ebay so I don't have to log on and wait to get syn values.

I've lost nearly 6 stone doing it at home (we don't have SW groups here and the online membership seems very expensive). OK, its probably taken me longer than someone going to group. But am pleased with my achievement.

Am very glad I found minimins lots of help, advise and information, and great people.

If I don't know the syns of something I just type it in advanced search, normally someone has already asked and answered.

Or, if I'm not sure of something, again just type in the advanced search, if its not there just post it - someone gets back to you with the answer.

Hey can i join you ? im doing it from home i have all the books and the new orange one, Ive been doing it a week and am weighing in tomorow morning but it hasnt been great! ..
Ive unknowingly sabotaged myself for four days thinking that you could have Belvita biscuits as a HE so was having them each day for my breakfast and my daily syns besides .. ended up by thurs with a 2lb gain! ...
Im a serial scale hopper .. tomorow is not looking good atall! ..

Im going to turkey in may, our first holiday abroad and alone since 2006 .. im desperate to lose some weight before we do, i have a morbid fear of having to ask for an extender for my belt! .. Im currently 16 stone 2lbs and im 5f2 and a bit .. so a lil blob :) ...

xx

Back