DOING SW FROM HOME???

Shocking day today. Went to pizza express and ate the whole garlic bread...with cheese! Then a whole cheese pizza and shared daughters ice cream *faint* then got home and had junk food.

But! To put a positive spin on, out of 7 days I had one blip and Im ready to go back full force and ignore today. My aim is to lose 1lb a week and WI is on Wednesday and Im sure I can do it.

Btw...the garlic bread was totally worth it :) the junk food not so much.

Im just coming to the end of my second week doing SW at home. I've heard too many horror stories about giong to group so I haven't bothered. My Mum gave me her books and I've read them cover to cover. Its so easy to follow, I don't even feel as though I am on a diet! My OH wasn't convinced at first but now he is really enjoying to meals I am cooking. It does take a lot of prep and you find yourself in the kitchen more but, it's definitely worth it. Today is officially my weigh-in day although I had a sneaky weigh-in yesterday.....As it stands I have lost 5.5lbs in 2 weeks! :D

Last edited:
Ohhh, what is my life?! Had a day off yesterday as I had/have a stomach bug, and had my second to last exam this morning :( Didn't manage to weight in before exam, too tired to do it now and don't want to do it at a different time/day to normal, so I am going to wait until next week to do a proper weigh in! I don't think I've gained or anything, seriously just too tired/want to stick to the same time and day. Hmm. Ooh, a friend of mine went into labour last night, eagerly awaiting the new arrival! EEK!

Meliososo don't worry too much about the blip, it's good that you're ready to get back on plan and keep going :) I'm glad you enjoyed the pizza and garlic bread! :)

Lauriel - well done for your loss of 5.5lbs in 2 weeks! :D

Hope everyone is ok :) x

I went for Japanese food today. Was good and got a noodle bowl soup. Can't imagine it would be very high in syns as wasnt oily at all. So soooo spicy though! Although I did have some brownie after.. Just 2 bite.. Eek! Have no idea how to work out syns tho?? X

Hi there,

I did SW last year for 8 months losing 2.5 stone, I then started uni, my dad got sick and died and I put 1.5 stone back on!

So after joining curves 2 months ago i've decided to get back on the SW bandwagon and try to get the weight off again. I'm doing it from home because I haven't got the cash to get to class. However I can't find my books so I may need to go and rejoin to get new books!

I browsed the forum a lot last year for help so decided to sign up properly for doing it at home.

Kelly

Hi Kelly! Welcome to Minimins and good luck for doing SW from home :) Well done for not putting the full 2.5 stone back on as well, that gives you a good headstart with your weightloss :)

Hey! Have a look on eBay for the books, I know there's absolutely loads of SW stuff on there, I've bought quite a few of the cooking books from it, good luck :) x

QUOTE=Laura94B;5288689] Ohhh, what is my life?! Had a day off yesterday as I had/have a stomach bug, [/QUOTE]

Feel better soon! :hug99:

Lauriel - well done for your loss of 5.5lbs in 2 weeks! :D

Thank you very much, Im really pleased :) x

Thanks, fingers crossed I'll feel a bit better for my last exam tomorrow :S Would have been nice to be able to do some revision! Never mind :p x

Ebay has a multitude of books. I am looking up a couple to buy too. My Mum gave me her SW books as I am getting married next year and need every penny, so a subscription to SW was not an option!

Hi I am new here, i did SW a few years ago, and am now on mat leave after having my little girl in december. Trying to do SW at home, as have no spare cash at the moment, and was doing really well until aturday when I well and truely fell off the wagon.

My friend let me have a peek through her book to get a grasp of what I need to do and this forum is soooo helpful, but I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help...

What is superfree? and Why is it important to have 1/3 superfree, what are the other 2/3's. I am doing Extra Easy as that seeems easier for me, especially when I am starving and my little one wont let me get something proper to eat, I can grab fruit or ham/chicken out of the fridge.

Any suggestions gratefully rcvd

Thanks

Livvi

I'm back on the wagon yeeehaaaaa!

I will have to read back and catch up tomorrow, I am shattered due to 5am wake ups, bleurgh.

livvib said:
Hi I am new here, i did SW a few years ago, and am now on mat leave after having my little girl in december. Trying to do SW at home, as have no spare cash at the moment, and was doing really well until aturday when I well and truely fell off the wagon.

My friend let me have a peek through her book to get a grasp of what I need to do and this forum is soooo helpful, but I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help...

What is superfree? and Why is it important to have 1/3 superfree, what are the other 2/3's. I am doing Extra Easy as that seeems easier for me, especially when I am starving and my little one wont let me get something proper to eat, I can grab fruit or ham/chicken out of the fridge.

Any suggestions gratefully rcvd

Thanks

Livvi

It's pretty much to help with portion control and means you're filling yourself up on lower calorie food. So you're replacing what you may have had with just protein and carbs with some of you're recommended 5 a day. The 1/3 Superfree is really important if you are doing EE otherwise you probably won't lose weight.

You totally can snack on ham and stuff, but it'll make your losses better if you snack on Superfree first and see if that fills you up.

Good luck xxx

Hey ladies! Hope every one is well and good luck new comers :)

Im going to be 100% today. I was 100% yesterday I think but not sure how many syns were in a biscuit I had so not sure :/

I've decided to try and start mixing in some red and green days. I did the tesco shop last night (harder than it sounds because I left the SW book round my parents so had to keep ringing my mother about things!) so going to plan all the meals tonight. Did a 4.5k run last night too and doing zumba tonight.

Im meeting with a friend tomorrow so asked if we could have a picnic instead of eating somewhere just to help control the food a little better!

Hi Everyone hope you are all doing okay

Right someone kick my ass back into touch pleeaaaasee... I weighed myself this morning and am 2 1/2lb up from last week

I've been all over the place with the plan since Thursday night, doing fine until we went out for a meal which started well until I had wime with it, then a desert, Friday a takeaway and wine, Sunday Fathers Day Meal with wine, see the pattern ? I have a glass of wine and all my resolve dissappears instantly.

Back on track as of today Day five of the 30 day shred done, fruit with yoghurt for breakfast a nice salad for lunch and something yummy but free for dinner, I have some syn free BBQ sauce needs using up so I might have it with wedges and fish... and absolutely no Alcohol, I'm boycotting the wine shop which is hard when you live bloody opposite it.

Anyway have a good day everyone..

Hi everyone!! I have 2 lb off today!! I'm so delighted with myself, hope I don't lose this feeling! I have a looong day in front of me, tooth out at 3pm, followed by a 3hr drive home..Heres hoping for a sore mouth so no bad foods??!! (only joking-here's hoping I don't pass out!!)

catxscotch said:
Hi everyone!! I have 2 lb off today!! I'm so delighted with myself, hope I don't lose this feeling! I have a looong day in front of me, tooth out at 3pm, followed by a 3hr drive home..Heres hoping for a sore mouth so no bad foods??!! (only joking-here's hoping I don't pass out!!)

Good luck with the tooth out.
And well done in ur lose!! :) x

Hey all quick question how many syns are in the Quorn Beef Burgers?

Cheers x

Back