DOING SW FROM HOME???

Can I join you?

After a couple of bad weeks I have drawn a line in the sand and am starting again.... Doing it from home...

I know it works as I lost 5.5 stone a few years back with it... all I need to do is get my head in gear...

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Oh my god I just finished the shred, my arms are shaking!! I couldn't even do the press ups at the start! Cardio and dumbbell bits were fine but abs and stuff so so hard! Can barely lift my head up. It's over so fast though! Don't see how something so short can make a difference! Although my stomach does hurt And I'm sweating a lot. Sweet!! 1 down 29 to go!! Xx

Welcome Judith, good luck with restarting from home, there's loads of support on here :)

Oooh, just what I expected Charl!! And obviously it's doing good if it wipes you out like that after it :p Even more scared to start now haha! Are you going to do the days consecutively or every two/three days??

I'm going to do everyday apart from Saturdays. I'm also going to start walking the school runs. I do walk a lot of them anyway but just going to make sure i do everyday now. I just realised 7 weeks until holiday not the 10 I thought! Eek! X

Good for you Charl! Walking is great too so wiggle on the school runs! :D I walk a lot with the girls, doing at least five miles a day which for me is about 18000 steps. I don't know why the internet says 10000 steps a day is 5 miles, surely they must realise we all have a different stride length :confused: I have walked most of this weight off and it DOES help tone too, I never noticed it until this weekend when I had on some jeans that I didn't think would fit me. Whoo hooo! ;) Welcome Judith! x

I've heard of loads of people doing th shred, the closest I've got is sitting in bed watching the you tube videos on my phone! Is it Really Really hard?

Been serioulsy bad this we girls, I need to do the same as Justjudith and draw a line in the sand. I weigh myself on TUesdays, so i'll see just how bad i've been tomorrow!

Wow Charl, you are brave! I wouldn't be able to move today after the first day of 30 day shred :p Michelle, it does look really hard :( I watched them on youtube too, but from the comments there were people who'd done all three levels, and come back to the first one and found it really easy.... I suppose you just have to go with it and get it done - push yourself haha! :p

I have STS this week, which is quite good, considering I was expecting another gain haha... I've also been eating cake and cheesecake everyday as my mum has been on a baking spree... :rolleyes: Really bad, but think I might go have some for breakfast haha! Kind of resigned to the fact I'm not going to lose anymore weight as I can't seem to stick to the plan :\ x

Wow Charl, you are brave! I wouldn't be able to move today after the first day of 30 day shred :p Michelle, it does look really hard :( I watched them on youtube too, but from the comments there were people who'd done all three levels, and come back to the first one and found it really easy.... I suppose you just have to go with it and get it done - push yourself haha! :p

I have STS this week, which is quite good, considering I was expecting another gain haha... I've also been eating cake and cheesecake everyday as my mum has been on a baking spree... :rolleyes: Really bad, but think I might go have some for breakfast haha! Kind of resigned to the fact I'm not going to lose anymore weight as I can't seem to stick to the plan :\ x

Well why don't you weigh in tonight, then make a fresh start tomorrow? We can all do the same from tomorrow to make a real effort to have a loss next week.

It's funny cause i tored to be good yesterday when i was at a carboot with my friend, i had a burger with onions but no sauce, counting the bread as a HEX. An hour later she comes walking round the corner with an icecream for me!

My Arms are really heavy today and my legs a bit achey which has made me think that for such a really short amount of exercise it must be really good. If anything I hope doing this for a month makes me fit enough to start the couch 2 5 k. Which I did try but found it really hard so maybe if I'm a bit fitter when I start I can manage that too. Means I'd be 3 weeks into the programme when I went so maybe that would give me some good losses. Went way over syns Saturday so I now have to limit myself which I always find hard as, as soon as I can't have my syns I crave them
More!! No pain as they say though I guess!

Step away from the cheesecake!!! The more you have it the more you want it. If you go 3 days not having any it'll go out your head again xx

Yeah, I wanted to try the C25K too, but I know for definite that I am way too unfit for that! My plan of action is to do 20-30 mins aerobics on the Wii every day this week, then think about doing the 30DS :p
I haven't had the cheesecake, really craving it though :( I hate that my mum is such a good cook :p Waiting for bananas to arrive, then I will have one of those! It's so annoying, I found that having toast for breakfast the other day really filled me up, but I love my alpen lights so much that I want to save my HexB for them :(

I totally know what you mean! Toast never used to fill me up it used to be a snack, now it was a good breakie and satisfied me loads, love that my appetite is changing.

It's really hard resisting when it's there though isn't it. Bf bought a whole choc cake on sat, before SW I would have matched what he ate, now even though 1 slice was 21 syns I had 1 slice and left it there and will balance it the rest of the week. (he ended up eating the rest of it though! Greedy guts!) the problem is when you start eating sugar everyday your body then expects it and craves it so much more. So it'll be really hard to stop for you but once you do you'll feel empowered you could. I used to have a choc bar everyday which is fine but I notice I crave sugar so so so much more, so i'm trying to stop. So hard! Xx

Yeah, I keep begging her to stop making things haha :p Last night it was a batch of mini cheesecakes and two banana loafs! Gah :p Yeah, that thing with sugar cravings is like a lot of people get when they do Atkins, cause you can't eat sugar with that I think?? I just remember one of my friends who'd tried it said that it was really hard to ignore the cravings, but that once you'd gone a while without it was fine :p

Thanks for the link Laura, I'll whizz down to there in the morning, one thing, is the sole quite "grippy" I need something with a good grip for zumba as the floor is really smooth and I'm sure the lack of grip is aggrevating my knee problems...

Welcome Judith and Iris, good to have ya aboard...

Charl whoo well done on the 30 day, I was like that on day one I lay on the sofa for 20 mins shaking haha it does get easier...

Well just done day1 of level 2 and I either didn't do it properly or I'm getting better, I found it blummin easier than level one lol

I started the couch to 5K earlier this year but lost track after the easter hols with the kids at home and just haven't started it up again, I'm going to try again in September, I wish I'd stayed with it now though.

Well just eaten a yummy late breakfast, pain perdu totally scrummy and 1/2 syn....

Hi All!
Ive had a very naughty weekend! Not so much food but alcohol! I had 2 occasions on the 1 night...a Hen Doo (fancy dress) at Revolution doing a cocktail master class! Then a Silver Wedding Anniversay Garden Party in a marquee (I got changed out the fancy dress costume!) and the concoction of alcoholic beverages and shots...lets just say it wasn't pretty! I can't remember the end of the night fell on my elbow and it's all bruised and hit the nerve! So needless to say I didn't eat much yesterday! Had a sneak peak on the scales and between Thurs n today I was showing a 3.5lb loss! Doubt it's gunna be like that on WI on Thurs but I'm gunna try n be good!

Well Done on all the losses n excercising!

xMwahx

Don't beat yourself up too much about the alcohol Tilly, special occasions are worth it! :D
Ultrabluedress - in my opinion they are very grippy :) I wore them for a 1 and a half hour shop in Asda, which has slippy floors, and they gripped fine :) Well done on reaching Level Two! Sounds like you are definitely benefitting from it all if you're finding it easier :) Do you do it every day??

Oooh Tilly the cocktail class sounds wonderful,, sounds a great girlie thing to do, I'll have to look at that myself, like Laura said don't beat yourself up over it, life gets in the way sometimes... I've got a girly night out on Saturday, off for a meal and maybe a little clubbing afterwards, so I'll be cutting loose for a night...

Laura I'll defo nip down to sports direct tomorrow now... I wish I had time to do it every day, that was my intention when I got the DVD, I was hoping to do it twice completely by the time I go away but at this rate it'll only be the once...

Good luck! How was your first day? X

Welcome to the gang Kath (hug) hope you had a good day

trying to make sure I eat my hex's a bit earlier from now on I found I was edging later and later into the evening then realising I hadn't gotten my hex's for the day in, then eating later at night, just had one of the alpen lights I bought on special in asda a couple of weeks ago... yummy infact my daughter hates bars like that but she keeps nicking the cherry bakewell ones....

Laura no luck with those trainers couldn't see them in sports direct and they only had size9 left on line :( infact they didn't have any reduced trainers in my size grrr...

Back