DOING SW FROM HOME???

I keep my alpen lights hidden so noone else steals them :p I still haven't managed to find the cherry bakewell ones! Are they good?? Hmm, when I first tried to get my trainers online, they didn't have my size, maybe wait a few days? :S

Just a warning a lot of the toning shoes are suitable only for walking and should not be used for exercise. There are now a couple that are designed for running but using the regular ones for running etc could really do some damage.

I don't get to catch up with this thread much nowadays but just a quick warning. Obviously do a bit of research on it and your brand as some are way more high and curved than others if you know what I mean? X

Hi All, how are we all getting on this morning? Just saw the post from Ultrabluedress about HEX's. Is it bad if you don't use them one day? sometimes I don't manage to fit them in!

weighed myself this monring and i've lost 1 and 1/2Lbs magically! :wow: good little motivation as i thought i had done badly last week. :bliss:

NIrischick said:
Hi All, how are we all getting on this morning? Just saw the post from Ultrabluedress about HEX's. Is it bad if you don't use them one day? sometimes I don't manage to fit them in!

weighed myself this monring and i've lost 1 and 1/2Lbs magically! :wow: good little motivation as i thought i had done badly last week. :bliss:

It won't really affect weight loss by missing healthy extras but they're there to make sure you're getting a healthy balanced diet so health wise it could affect you by meaning you don't get enough fibre, calcium etc. Missing the occasional day won't matter though :)

Hi all, day 2 of slimming world at home for me. I've done SW before (twice!) going to classes but am gonna try going solo for a month and see how I go...

I was going to go to class tonight but not feeling well and I know all I will be able to do after work is take very strong prescription painkillers which will mean I cant got to class :(
I wouldn't mind just doing it from home but the subscription for the online site is very expensive and I don't like to keep asking for syn values and HEX's (gluten intolerant so most of the B's are no good to me) until I get used to it. I have done SW years ago but there was no EE and it appears a lot has changed with syn values and HEX.
So basically the point of this ramble is to ask how people get on with doing it on their own and does anyone do the online version?

I do the on-line version and find it ok for me. You are right though it is not much cheaper than going to a group, unless you are able to do the long term subscriptions - I did the one year at £140, which is a good saving. There are others I think for 3 months and 6 months
Tina

I went to class which gives you online sub included but once i'd gotten my head around the basics i never went on the online subscription, I didn't really like my group it was really cliquey and not much support, no one spoke to me the 5 weeks I went, and all that's really online is syns which if you do a search on here many are also posted, and it's loads more supportive so I def dont feel I'm missing out by not subscribing to any kind of official SW thingy. If anything I feel like i'm better off all round as it costs nothing and everyone on here is so much more support. I guess it's personal choice though as if you enjoy the classes and there's loads of support then that would work out better for some. Maybe I just had a rubbish group exp and it's put me off. Xx

I do the on-line version and find it ok for me. You are right though it is not much cheaper than going to a group, unless you are able to do the long term subscriptions - I did the one year at £140, which is a good saving. There are others I think for 3 months and 6 months
Tina

Thanks Tina has the site changed much over the years?

I went to class which gives you online sub included but once i'd gotten my head around the basics i never went on the online subscription, I didn't really like my group it was really cliquey and not much support, no one spoke to me the 5 weeks I went, and all that's really online is syns which if you do a search on here many are also posted, and it's loads more supportive so I def dont feel I'm missing out by not subscribing to any kind of official SW thingy. If anything I feel like i'm better off all round as it costs nothing and everyone on here is so much more support. I guess it's personal choice though as if you enjoy the classes and there's loads of support then that would work out better for some. Maybe I just had a rubbish group exp and it's put me off. Xx

Thanks Charl
I did the classes years ago and ended up just going to get weighed as the topics tended to rotate round so there was a lot of repetition the consultant has changed now so it may be better.I might just join to get the books and do a month to get into it.....but I did like having access to the syns calculator I must admit.

Hi all

I can't afford to go to classes so I've done Sw solely through this site apart from the first week when I followed the online free SW diet which gave you a menu for 7 days, I don't usually do diets like that but I thought I'd give it a go and loved it. Everyone is so freindly helpful and supportive here and I can usually find everything I want to know here.....

So far I've lost 17lb which is the most weight I've ever lost on a diet, so something is working

paganflossy said:
I was going to go to class tonight but not feeling well and I know all I will be able to do after work is take very strong prescription painkillers which will mean I cant got to class :(
I wouldn't mind just doing it from home but the subscription for the online site is very expensive and I don't like to keep asking for syn values and HEX's (gluten intolerant so most of the B's are no good to me) until I get used to it. I have done SW years ago but there was no EE and it appears a lot has changed with syn values and HEX.
So basically the point of this ramble is to ask how people get on with doing it on their own and does anyone do the online version?

I've been doing it at home since Novemver without online subscription and I've found every syn value etc I have needed through minimins or a quick google search. Really not worth the online subscription.

Hi, I too am following slimming world online, I really don't feel like I am missing out on going to class, the SW website provides lots of information and anything that I can't find on the website is usually on here.
xxx

Thank you Ultrabluedress, Toni and Louise its good to know how many are doing it without classes. I do worry about boring people to death with syn requests etc as I haven't found anything I've searched for yet!! and I havent found anything but the DS ciabiatta roll for a gluten free hex B as yet :eek: I might have to have a play at it until next week

Sometimes you have to search around for syns and it took me a while to navigate around the syns... I agree the hex's can be a bit difficult to find though

Thanks Tina has the site changed much over the years?
I think the website has improved over the years, and has many tools that help; syns on line, syns calculator, weight record, bodymagic record, gives awards. I have always been disappointed that SW don't allow a forum, however this site is great for that:talk017:

Back