DOING SW FROM HOME???

Aww canny! I'm also looking forward to nice lieins with bf Sunday morning too. I've lost 1st2lbs now, 1/3 of the way there! Once I get to 14.7 it'll be the lowest I've been for a very long time! I'm really excited to get below that as I don't really know how I'll look! :) I feel a bit like I've worked out how my body works now, I've had so do many weeks where I STS. I actually think I need days off plan as it seems to boost my losses plus that 9 days of shred seemed to help! Going to start again tonight xx

Thanks guys :) It's my birthday tomorrow, but the party's tonight :) Sushi is my fave too, always splash out on loads from Wasabi when I'm in London :p Really easy to make though, and still tastes good :D

The days off plan thing does work, like you said it shocks your metabolism. One of my friends used to do Weight Watchers, and all of her group took the weekend off and only did the diet on week days, and lost loads. Makes sense, cause I think everyone's biggest losses are in the first week really! :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow Laura!

You're doing really well charl, keep going. Thailand is a good incentive! I've still got 2 stone to go but 3lbs off 2 stone gone so really noticing the difference now. I'm out tomorrow in skinny jeans which I would never have dreamed of! It's the running I think. Wearing a couple of size 14s tops now which I don't think hubby as ever seen me in, all soooo exciting!

Saying all that, had a depressing chat about money tonight, things are a little tight at the mo. I reckon I spend £20-30 more per week cos of sw, am scared I won't be able to continue. I need all the fresh salad, veg and fruit tho :-( any cheap tips anyone?

x x

I've started buying as much meat from the freezer as much as poss. Also joints of meat rather than packs, seems to be cheaper as there's usually some left you can have for lunch the next day. I find the cost really hard, our food shopping is insane, like 150 a week. I always try and scour the reduced stuff for things to put in the freezer too.

Ohh thanks! I'm 1/3 of the way there now and I wore a top today i haven't worn for aggggeeeees! Finally starting to notice changes too, so that's nice.

How often do you go running? I keep trying but I can't do it! I feel like im going to pass out after 2 mins! Xx

Happy 18th Laura!! Hope u had a lovely party!! Bummer about the hairdressers appointment tho :(

Ahh Charl what a nightmare! Just forget about it now and get on with a much better life with your bf!

I've been a bit naughty but no where near as naughty as I used to be pre-SW so it has changed me into making better decisions! Went to see Batman last night then me n bf went to a Thai place it was lovely! I did have a couple of chocs in the pics but never had popcorn or anything!
I'm working from 3-finish tonight on a bar at the racecourse so will be good up until I go. Normally they put food on for us but most of the time it's healthy stuff like meat n veg.

Good Luck all xMwahx

Thanks guys :D Last night was really good, didn't need to be nervous as it went well :) Got two bottles of my favourite dark rum - Captain Morgan's, and made a good start into them haha. Been eating atrociously and plan to continue haha! Going out tonight too, fingers crossed I don't put back on all the weight I lost :p

Charl, I started running in march when I was 15st. Did a run 1 min, walk 5min, slowly increasing the time. Can now run for an hour. My first run I could hardly breathe tho! I've lost a lot on thighs which is great. I do actually enjoy it now too! Stick with it, you will get better and it's free!

Just about to see batman! Hubby is eating popcorn and I'm resisting so far!

:)

Oh cool! I might do that with the kids as they can take their scooters and I can walk/run and try and increase a little everyday :) then it gets us all out too. I have really pretty good legs Apart from my thighs right at the top where they meet in the middle bit, that's horrible so if it'll help there that would be awesome! You sound like your doing amazingly well on the exercise which I've always thought is the key to keeping the weight off once you hit target. Xx

Morning everyone, my head is hurting today!! Had such a lush day tho. Didn't have any popcorn in the cinema, was a good girl. Batman is fantastic!! Went for a meal and had piri piri chicken, no chips, salad so quite good food wise but then had 6 pints of cider!! So a thousand syns there but was worth it. Haven't seen a few of my friends for a while so had lots and lots of compliments, felt amazing ;-)

Off to the pub for a roast now and pick up my gorgeous boys!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and equally being as naughty as me, ha!

:) x x

Oh god i think I'm dead. I could be wrong but i feel pretty corpse like! Had a shot contest with bf when I got home and can half remember saying some absolutely ridiculous things. Had a brilliant night tho. So it's my official farewell to SW today and instead of tucking into some bacon and eggs I'm having a slim and save bar. Considering I may be sick at any time not having food today might be a blessing! Goodbye real food... I'll miss you.... Hehe hope everyone had a good weekend. Jenny! Cant wait to see batman it's out anniversary next week and we'regoing to see it. I love Tom Hardy!!

Pleased you had a good night too. Some ciders not a bad thing if anything I seem to lose better when I've been drinking?! Think it's the metabolism shock of upping cals tho!

Happy Sunday everyone. Please keep your fingers crossed for me starting the new diet xx

Hi I was just wondering if I could join in ? I love SW and it's my favourite plan but now I work full time getting to group is a pain. I have been on a training course for two weeks and had buffet everyday , a weekend out and hence I will of gained lots. I am drawing a line under it and starting afresh from home. I have all the books so hopefully I should be able to manage to get a bit off before my holidays in three weeks.

Hi! I'm doing SW from home as I can't afford the meetings. Only been doing it for 2 weeks now and loving it. Not bingeing on junk anymore but not feeling starved, 2nd weigh in tomorrow so hopefully will have a loss. Not been perfect, went over my syns yesterday by having half a pint of cola in the cinema bar last night. Went to see batman. It was awesome and I loved Tom Hardy as Bane. I only had water and 2 freddos during the film which is much better than past cinema snacks. I could have had diet cola instead but that just makes me want to eat more, but normal cola doesn't.

I've tried calorie counting and Weightwatchers before and they didn't work. I dont really feel like I'm on a diet now. I feel healthier for eating this way which is great, I still have chocolate every day which really helps but it's only small amounts now. I don't want to eat loads of junk anymore =)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah well done! Sounds like your being really positive, good luck for your WI x

Evening and welcome! I'm still feeling rough from night out yesterday (i don't get out much!) Ha. Had a lovely pub lunch and resisted the lush looking potatoes, altho I then had a banofie cheesecake. After 3 weeks of being very good, I needed it and have been out for a run tonight to try and help!!

So no nice kind words on Thursday when I'm depressed cos I've gained, my own bleeding fault!! Hee hee ;-)

How are you doing charl? Are the slim drinks like slimfast?

x :) x

Hey!! Well I went out last night and am super rough so haven't started today. I needed real food as we didn't eat anything from 3 yesterday until we woke up today at 2pm!

Definitely starting tomorrow though, it's a mixture of shakes, meals and bars. And I can have 1 meal a day too of 100g protein and 200g veg so hopefully it'll be ok. I'll let you know how my first day goes.

Don't worry about the cheesecake, if you've been good for 3 weeks it won't make any difference at all xx

I've started buying as much meat from the freezer as much as poss. Also joints of meat rather than packs, seems to be cheaper as there's usually some left you can have for lunch the next day. I find the cost really hard, our food shopping is insane, like 150 a week. I always try and scour the reduced stuff for things to put in the freezer too.

Ohh thanks! I'm 1/3 of the way there now and I wore a top today i haven't worn for aggggeeeees! Finally starting to notice changes too, so that's nice.

How often do you go running? I keep trying but I can't do it! I feel like im going to pass out after 2 mins! Xx

Charl try the couch to 5k you start off running like 30 seconds then recovery walk in between that way you build up slowly, I was surprised how easily my body adapted... I reallyh need to start doing that program again, I usually hate running in the evening as I'm always worried about having to space my meals to fit it in (Hubs like his dinner when he gets in from work so it's hard to fit in before dinner,) but with this lovely weather I might just switch to salads of an evening and go out about 7pm or something

Hi Crazyfool gizmo and Just elenor welcome aboard..

Looks like we all had a good weekend, in one way and another, had a lovely weekend too much wine though so a poorly head for a couple of days and off plan, time to get back on track as hols is in 18 days now and I need to get rid of the last pesky pound plus anything I put on over the weekend :)

going to be good using SW but I'm going to run everything thorugh my fitness pal to keep an eye on things, do the shred and anything else I can get fitted in.

I wondered about a couple of weeks on slimfast but I can't really afford it at the moment so it's chicken and salad and rice for me I guess and keeping an eye on my syns, I'm going to go through Petes recipe thread and choose something yummy everyday so I don't feel I'm on a diet.

I'm out Wednesday with friends but they're not the type who go in for mad drinking so it will be a meal and maybe a malibou and diet coke nothing major... so we'll see what happens I'll be glad with a STS this week.. but who knows being naughty might help with the losses, yeah I can dream..

Think I'll have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, mananged to get a fresh pineapple for 60p on friday so looking forward to that with some strawberries and blueberries which were on offer in lidl.

Hi Eleanor, sounds like you know what you're doing! You already have a fab collection of books, I've only got the red and green recipe books which I got on eBay. No idea what you can get in the groups as don't go. But there are fantastic ideas and recipes on here. Have a look in the sub forums. I just write them all down in a notebook. Good luck, have you got much to loose?

Li, running in evenings is tricky with eating. If i know i'm running, i'll eat my tea with the kids at 5pm and go out 7ish. Hubs then eats alone on those nights, easier that way, altho not too social!

Off hand, does anyone know how syns juicy chicken is?

Good luck today charl!

x x

Saying all that, had a depressing chat about money tonight, things are a little tight at the mo. I reckon I spend £20-30 more per week cos of sw, am scared I won't be able to continue. I need all the fresh salad, veg and fruit tho :-( any cheap tips anyone?

x x

I spend less on SW than I did on WW which is great....

I buy a lot of stuff from lidl you can substitute their crisp bread instead of ryvita if you search for the syns here... I just buy the fruit that is on offer when I am out and about, everything else I just use everyday foods... extra lean mince is horrendosly priced though something I don't understand when we are constantly told to cut fat in our diets... Do you live near a farmfoods? they are good for chicken portions etc, as charl said frozen meat in supermarkets is cheaper than the fresh, Asda do four frozen pork steaks for about £2, I trim them and either have them as a roast type dinner or cut them up and stir fry them in syn free chinese sauces etc... I use frozen veg most of the time too, but I aleays have done as I'm the only one in my house that eats them so it's the best option.. Farm foods again I buy a large bag of veg from there for a £1 and make it into soup...

I find the salad bags from Lidl last the longest quality wise they don;t seem to go as watery as quickly as the ones from the bigger supermarkets and they have a longer sell by date for some reason...

Hope that helps...

Oops I meant to say I'm glad you had a happy Birthday Laura xxxx

Back