DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey! Just get on it, everytime you consider getting on it and ponder, don't even think About it as soon as it pops into your head just jump on, even for 5 mins It'll build up.

Now when I'm watching the tele I just do loads of strength work, i used to just veg on a night time until I went to bed, and now I just spend 10 mins doing some abdominal work, starting with 10 then trying to beat myself every day. I started SW at 15st13 so know how u feel. I tried running but it was too much, I've always walked loads anyway but heavier cardio was too much. So I started swimming as its low impact and you can see yourself improving so quickly.

When I get back from holidays I'm going to try running again. But if you have the cross trainer there thats great! Just clamber on for a few mins when your walking passed and it'll soon get much easier, and really boost your losses.

I kinda think when we are a lot bigger we make excuses that we can't do things. But if you'rs determined you can, and then it starts to be fun as you want to beat yourself. Just start slow and build up even just 30 seconds and you'll be shop shape and fit in no time :) xx

You guys got me thinking that there is also a mini stepper barely used in the loft and an ab roller plus some free weights. Hubby needs a to do list as I wouldn't fit through the loft opening any more. ((GULP))

Hi all, please can i join you?
I'm desperate to loose about 50lbs by the end of the year when my mates are getting married. I lost 9lbs earlier this year then fell of the wagon. I can't really afford to go to a class and work away from home quite a bit so find doing it from home more sensible for me. My best mate has lost 2 and half stone on SW which is what prompted me to try it so have her books etc, but really need the extra support, which I hope you can provide? please?

I try to run when I can and since the beginning of the year have worked up to about 3 miles (45 mins), but would love to be able to do a half marathon (there's one in Cardiff in 9 weeks, but think that may be expecting a bit too much). I have got the insanity workout set, which I'm going to try and start doing again, even if only a couple of evenings a week, anything is better than nothing right?

Welshlassie said:
Hi all, please can i join you?
I'm desperate to loose about 50lbs by the end of the year when my mates are getting married. I lost 9lbs earlier this year then fell of the wagon. I can't really afford to go to a class and work away from home quite a bit so find doing it from home more sensible for me. My best mate has lost 2 and half stone on SW which is what prompted me to try it so have her books etc, but really need the extra support, which I hope you can provide? please?

I try to run when I can and since the beginning of the year have worked up to about 3 miles (45 mins), but would love to be able to do a half marathon (there's one in Cardiff in 9 weeks, but think that may be expecting a bit too much). I have got the insanity workout set, which I'm going to try and start doing again, even if only a couple of evenings a week, anything is better than nothing right?

Welcome aboard! I wanted to do Bristol half marathon in September but think I'll aim for Bath half next Easter! I love running now which is crazy as I'm still a red, wobbling wreck! It's good to mix up the exercise tho, I do a few dvd workouts too and swimming. I'd like to start aquafit but haven't braved it yet. It's great you've got some books, there are loads of fab recipes on here. I bought the red and green cook books but I actually write down ideas from this forum and use them mostly.

Charl, how's you? How was your last wi? Food this week, how exciting! Have you made a sw friendly hollandaise sauce at all? Fancy some on fish, thought you might know! Cheers me dears :)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)
Week 6 - sts

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Slim4Xmas2012 said:
You guys got me thinking that there is also a mini stepper barely used in the loft and an ab roller plus some free weights. Hubby needs a to do list as I wouldn't fit through the loft opening any more. ((GULP))

Oooh, def get hubby on the mission! Sounds good :)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Dinner is a bean casserole tonight! Got the recipe off here. Tin of chopped tomatoes, two onions diced and fried in Fry Light, tin of mixed beans, tin of mushy peas and a tin of baked beans. Lots of seasoning, pinch of basil and voila. Is now in slow cooker on low heat. Will report back on the verdict.

Anne

Hello ladies!

My name is Carly, and have 3stone (ish, would like a bit more!) to lose! Have had an awful weekend of feeling like crap so am restarting today on my own, as classes are hard to get to with working shifts and also expensive!

So here goes! How many syns to people try to have a day??

I have had beans on nimble bread for breakfast, with 2 sausage 6syns - would have normally had eggs for free but haven't diet shopped yet and need to eat what is in as am broke!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and am sure you will all be a big help! Lots of Love x

Hey Jen love! How's you and the brood? Good weekend?

Well because I'm going next Tuesday I can start my refeed tomorrow and fit it all in before I go so doing a sneaky extra day, so official last WI tomorrow. I've been super good the last 4 days so fingers crossed I get a decent loss. Had a cheeky WI on Friday and was showing STS which is annoying but I shouldn't ever do it as I'm def someone that sticks then drops over night rather than a little each day like some, so the cheeky wi's do me no favours! Am really anxious about the refeed now and hope I don't gain. I'm planning on exercising all this week again though so hopefully it'll balance. I get to have a piece of fruit tomorrow :) and some peas and carrots! I've missed them! And I think I can have extra protein but I need to print the refeed off so I know what I'm doing!

Hmm I occasionally get cravings for eggs benedict and I probs shouldn't but I just buy some and syn it. I use wholemeal muffins and count them as a hexB. Maybe if you bought a packet and made with skimmed milk would be less, I'm not sure how you could make a SW hollandaise tho? Ill have a look at a recipe and see how it could be adapted if pods, but honestly I'd just buy one. It says 5.5syns for 1tbsp but I reckon you could make it less with skimmed milk and no butter. Xxx

Hi Carly, welcome! I try to use around 12 syns per day. Maybe a few less if I know I'll go over the next day (save a few for wine at the weekend), this works for some but everyone. Try and use all of them tho, esp at the beginning.

Anne, dinner sounds good. I love my slow cooker!

Just having my lunch, massive ham and egg salad, melon for pudding. No syns yet today, got a ww sticky toffee pudding in the fridge, my treat tonight!

ForumRunner_20120813_121314.jpg

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

charl_young said:
Hey Jen love! How's you and the brood? Good weekend?

Well because I'm going next Tuesday I can start my refeed tomorrow and fit it all in before I go so doing a sneaky extra day, so official last WI tomorrow. I've been super good the last 4 days so fingers crossed I get a decent loss. Had a cheeky WI on Friday and was showing STS which is annoying but I shouldn't ever do it as I'm def someone that sticks then drops over night rather than a little each day like some, so the cheeky wi's do me no favours! Am really anxious about the refeed now and hope I don't gain. I'm planning on exercising all this week again though so hopefully it'll balance. I get to have a piece of fruit tomorrow :) and some peas and carrots! I've missed them! And I think I can have extra protein but I need to print the refeed off so I know what I'm doing!

Hmm I occasionally get cravings for eggs benedict and I probs shouldn't but I just buy some and syn it. I use wholemeal muffins and count them as a hexB. Maybe if you bought a packet and made with skimmed milk would be less, I'm not sure how you could make a SW hollandaise tho? Ill have a look at a recipe and see how it could be adapted if pods, but honestly I'd just buy one. It says 5.5syns for 1tbsp but I reckon you could make it less with skimmed milk and no butter. Xxx

We're all good thanks hun. Saturday was lush, took the boys to a balloon fiesta. Yesterday not so good as back to work after a week off and very busy, counting down 7 weeks til my next week off, ha!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then! I reckon my big loss was down to exercise every day so gonna try that again. It's all such hard work!

Just found a hollandaise sauce packet mix in cupboard. It says 80 calories for 100g and the packet is 25g, surely it's not that low!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Ah sounds lush! I wanted to take my boys camping this week as its the last week we've got before holiday to do it and he's being difficult and said no, so I'm a bit gutted about that :( but we'll do other fun stuff instead. There's a bit strawberry farm not too far so might go there for the day instead as I used to love strawberry picking when I was a kid.

I'm thinking my STS was because of the exercise, I think my body was holding on to everything as I'm on such low cals, had 2 days off it over weekend so hopefully I'll drop.

Hmm might be made up weight? As obv will weigh more once you've made it up, but if you use milk from allowance it should be fine! Yum I want eggs benedict again now! Xxx

Thanks Jenny, is it 15 then? I always get confused, I know I have 5, 10 and 15 in my head but can never remember which one it is!! Just popped some chips in for lunch, I love slimming world chips! Going to have them and then finish house work and head out to buy some salad stuff for tea. Am thinking of lettuce, toms, onion, half pack of savoury rice, eggs, crab sticks, pickles and ham! Can take the left overs for lunch at work tomorrow!

It's 15 max a day love. But some people just add them as a total for the week and count that way. I did and it suits me better as some days I have 2/3 and some days 16/17, but as long as you stick to 105 a week or 15 a day you'll do great. Jen's right though, definitely use them all when you start out. Xx

Ahhh excellent, I think I will do that, as when am at work I'll probs use less than when I aren't! In theory anyways! Plus am out at weekend so am hoping to save a few for the evil booze! I think I will try stick to gin and slimline, but best laid plans and all that!! How are you finding the Slim and Save, I had a look at it yesterday, was quite tempted but am a bit skint this month! Actually make that very haha :) x

Hey! yeah I usually use mine for eating out and gin and slimline at weekends, then just eat pretty low syn the rest of the week, it works better for me, apart from when I get sugar cravings, but I think after doing slim and save I can totally handle cravings now without giving in, I watched the BF eat a BIG bar of dairy milk, a kinder bueno, 2 mini kinder bars and a Frijj milkshake on saturday and although I wanted a bit of choc I was like whats the point its going to wreck what I've done all week (i was sneaky and added his cals for the day up.. a WHOPPING 5000 cals the porker had!!)

So with the S&S I'm really happy I did it, its given me a good boost, got my BMI into a better range and really made me examine my relationship with food, and I've been 100% with it, which i wasn't sure I would manage, so as I said I'm very pleased I did it as I really understand portions now, and real hunger as opposed to just eating something as its free or superfree because I can. Really hard the first week, but the last 2 weeks have been great. Had loads of energy, and when I come back to SW going to just do red days I think as I don't really want to start eating carbs much again. I think limiting them is the key for me, and I feel amazing not having any, no bloat, no yucky lethargic feelings.

Saying that, watch me become a carb fiend again in a few weeks! haha!

how are you finding the plan so far? when did you start?

Xx

Don't know why I bother trying haha... So was ok food wise after Sat, even though I had the worst hangover I've ever had and found it hard to even roll over in my bed without shaking, going blind, wanting to throw up etc :p Went for an interview this morning, and had nandos after... Might just do CC for now, until I get back into the SW mood!! Think I'm going to use myfitnesspal to keep track of how many calories I'm using, but will stick to the SW rules as much as possible e.g. diet drinks, no fat/oils, no sugar etc :) x

I was just thinking you've been quiet!!

That's pretty much what I was doing before this love, mixing SW principles with cc, at weekends I just cc totally as sometimes you can eat out be well under cals but have a million syns, I lost more doing that than strict SW.

How was your interview love? Xx

hey ladies, have decided to give the JUDDD a go as it would fit my lifestyle better and I can control the eats on a DD easier than being out and about. Thats just me personally. Anyhow just said I'd let ye know, will pop by now and then to see how ye are all getting on.

Good luck to you all xx

Back