DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done for all the losses :) Baking went well!! Best diet cakes I've made since being on SW, only 2 syns each and no quark or yoghurt in sight! Yum :)

Meant to be going into town today to see some friends and play mini golf, but mood is going downwards and I feel way too crap to leave the house :( Might search for some bake off episodes online to try and cheer myself up haha! Not feeling like I'm going to eat everything in sight though, so that's something at least.... x

What recipe Laura, did you make it up? 2 syn cakes is amazing, I need to try it!!

Have a mini pamper hun, nails, foot cream etc, take your mind away from feeling rubbish. Luckily I have 2 energetic boys for distraction! Have you heard about that job yet? x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I adapted it from a recipe already on here, partly because I didn't have the stuff and partly cause this sounded more cakey, less eggy :p

6 eggs
2 lemons, the zest and juice
1.5 ounces sugar
0.5 ounces sweetener (this was because I didn't have much sweetener left, you can try to make it with only sweetener, might work just as well!)
3 ounces self raising flour

Seperate the eggs so all the whites are in one bowl, and all the yolks in another. Add the zest and juice to the yolks. Whisk the whites so there's lots of air in them and add about a 1/4 to the yolk mix. Stir in gently, then add the sugar and sweetener. Slowly add the flour and fold in, and once all the flour is in, add the rest of the whites. Frylight a muffin tin, or lay out some cases, and spoon out the mixture - I made 12 smallish cakes. Bake for 15-20 mins or until the tops are starting to go gold.

Yeah, I do need to do my nails so that might cheer me up :) I just hate getting to this point where I don't want to leave the house, I hate letting friends down :\ I could still go though haha, just need to give myself a kick up the bum! No I haven't heard about the job yet, another reason I feel a bit meh, I even went through the junk on my email to see if I'd missed an email from them haha! Really hope I hear from them today or tomorrow as they said on the job description that the interviews would be on Tuesday!! D: x

just need to give myself a kick up the bum!

Consider yourself duly ass whooped:whoopass: Laura

Sorry you;re having a crappy day hun

Laura do you think that recipe will work with less eggs?

Back from picking up my daughters first set of exam results, she's taken some of them two years early.... good results too even on her weakest subject yay....

STS this week so determined to lose next week.

Good luck everyone.

STS is good, you've had some great losses in the last few weeks so I guess your body is playing catch up, don't stress over it

I signed up to SW yesterday to do it online. Yesterday I ate 68 sins and today I've had over 30 and have only eaten one meal! Do you think I need to go to ebay and buy the starter packs to help me get going?

I'm not sure if it'll work with less eggs, is it because you don't have enough in?? My eggs were pretty small compared to normal, so I'm sure that if your eggs are bigger, you could get away with a few less maybe, try it and find out!! :)

Lady Macbeth, I have to say that I'm impressed you managed 30 syns in one meal! Are you sure you're working out the syns correctly? If you're having trouble, then yes I'd suggest looking online for a starter pack - I think most people either used old books or borrowed books at least to start them off :) x

ILady Macbeth, I have to say that I'm impressed you managed 30 syns in one meal! Are you sure you're working out the syns correctly? If you're having trouble, then yes I'd suggest looking online for a starter pack - I think most people either used old books or borrowed books at least to start them off :) x

Well I just had a can of soup and 2 slices of wholemeal bread and a cup of coffee - that was over 20 sins. I couldn't work out what on earth to have for breakfast so I skipped it and had coffee every time the hunger pangs got overwhelming so that was another 3 cups of coffee and I've had 2 more this afternoon whenever I got hungry. Not drinking the coffee black so it's sinful.

I'm starving with a muzzy head now. I made a veggie chilli for tea last night and it turned out that had a lot of sins too but I made loads and have to have it again for tea today with a potato. More sins. Do you get used to the lightheadedness after a few days?

Well, the thing about slimming world is that you should just eat when you're hungry! There are so many free foods - most fruits, vegetables, eggs, lean meats, beans, lentils, dried pasta, rice, potatoes etc... It's the way you cook them e.g. making sauces etc from scratch and without oil or fat. That's the only way I survive with this diet is that you can literally eat so much as a lot of it is free! As for the milk in your coffee, you can count it as your Healthy Extra A to save your syns... and use granulated sweetener instead of sugar if you have that?

Ideas for breakfast could be bacon medallions (bacon with fat cut off), 'fried' eggs, 'fried' mushrooms and beans as long as you 'fry' the things in frylight, or low calorie cooking spray - or grill it!! That's all free!

Lady Macbeth said:
Well I just had a can of soup and 2 slices of wholemeal bread and a cup of coffee - that was over 20 sins. I couldn't work out what on earth to have for breakfast so I skipped it and had coffee every time the hunger pangs got overwhelming so that was another 3 cups of coffee and I've had 2 more this afternoon whenever I got hungry. Not drinking the coffee black so it's sinful.

I'm starving with a muzzy head now. I made a veggie chilli for tea last night and it turned out that had a lot of sins too but I made loads and have to have it again for tea today with a potato. More sins. Do you get used to the lightheadedness after a few days?

You definately need to get a book from somewhere. You should not be feeling lightheaded, skipping meals or even feeling hungery doing this. There are loads of free foods you can eat that have no syn value in addition to healthy extras that you should include each day. Gor example wholemeal bread is a health extra b. Milk healthy extra a choice. Vegetables are mostly free as are fruits.
Get a book and have a proper tead of the plan. If you've joined online it should be detailed on there.

Sent from my Android device using MiniMins

Your deffo not doing it right to have had 30 Syns just from what you had there!
What I'd suggest is go to class for a few weeks and get your head round it before doing it yourself?
Ive started going the classes and feel much more confident in my choices!

Good Luck x

Thanks ladies - so if I count my bread as a healthy extra and the milk in my coffee as another healthy extra. My soup was 13 sins (I think). Now I should only eat the free stuff which is veggies, salad and fruit. I should mention that I'm vegetarian. I probably need to shop - the only fruit I have left are oranges and I ate 2 last night which is why I couldn't face more fruit for breakfast. I have some green veggies in the fridge and last nights veggie chilli which is over 15 sins!! :eek: Plus the jacket potato is another sin. I'm going to eat that because I don't really have anything else in and I am starving but that is almost 30 sins but that's better than yesterday which was over 60!

Why is your jacket potato a syn? Eggs are free, so are lentils, rice and pulses. What did you put in the veggie chilli for it to have so many syns. There are loads of recipes out there if you look that are very low syns or free. Going to a class for a few weeks is a really good idea just until you get your head around it.

Sent from my Android device using MiniMins

Being vegetarian is good for SW, means you can have lots of green days which means you can have two healthy A choices and two healthy B choices. Yeah, I would like to know what's in the chilli to make it that many syns?? Are you using the syns for the wrong days maybe?

Something isn't right have a look at the 7 day trial and see if you can get some pointers as to what might be wrong I followed it my first week on SW

Vegetarian free trial menu - Healthy Eating - Slimming World

Also have a look in the food diaries and see if you are mis calculating syns and to get meal ideas...

Can you post what you've eaten and we'll see whats going on

OK - well today I have had 5 cups of coffee all with skimmed milk. I don't take sugar. I skipped breakfast because I only had oranges or bread or eggs and couldn't think what to make which is why I drank so much coffee - I had a cup every time I got really hungry.

For lunch I had a tin of soup which was 13 sins (I got that off the SW website) with 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

For my tea I had a jacket potato which is a sin because it was a McCain frozen one. I had it dry (butter is a sin) but put a load of salt on it to help with the flavour which I know isn't good. My veggie chilli I made with puy lentils, mixed beans from a vaccuum pack, a jar of chilli sauce (16 sins), onions, garlic and chilli powder.

So all my healthy extras were used up with drinking coffee and having bread with my soup and I'd already exhausted my sins with that can of soup which was my first meal of the day.

Now, if I get hungry this evening, and I will - I will have to eat oranges again. I had 2 last night in front of the TV.

I feel OK now after eating that chilli but I felt lightheaded and woozy all day until then. Hopefully this means I am losing weight!:D

Thing is I have a full-time job and 3 kids and I'm thinking SW may not work for me - I really need to be able to grab a sandwich or a can of soup for my lunch which is often eaten on the hoof and these are sinful.

Ok, well you don't need to count the whole 16 syns for the chilli you've eaten tonight, as you had some last night too, right?? Just divide the syns by the portions you've eaten. As for the jacket potato, they're so easy and cheap to do from fresh! You just put them in the microwave for a few minutes and then into the oven so they can crisp up :)

Lunches on the go are easily doable as well, especially as you'll be having two healthy extra Bs a day, you can have a sandwich at lunch and still have an allowance for 2 alpen lights, or any of these are a healthy B choice too:

320g Baxters Healthy Choice Soup, all varieties
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Except Spicy Tomato & Rice with Sweetcorn[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]300g Baxters Traditional Scotch Vegetable Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]208g Baxters Vegetarian Carrot & Butterbean Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]208g Baxters Vegetarian Spicy Parsnip Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]208g Baxters Vegetarian Tomato & Butterbean Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]415g Baxters Organic Carrot, Parsnip & Nutmeg Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]300g Heinz Soup for One, Lentil[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]400g Heinz Spring Vegetable Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]295g Weight Watchers Country Vegetable Soup[/FONT]

Thanks Laura, you're being so helpful. I am new to dieting. I'm only doing it now because I had an op 3 weeks ago and the anaesethist told me my BMI is 29. I didn't even really know I was overweight. So I can have 2 healthy extra B's . My healthy extra A is always going to be used up with milk in my coffee, I'm thinking. So can I have 2 slices of bread for a sandwich at lunch as 2 B's? I guess I have to fill it with just salad as everything else would have been a healthy extra and I've used them up on milk in coffee and my sandwich.

But that leaves trying to find something for breakfast. I really can't bring myself to eat cereals or an Alpen bar so does just leave me with fruit for breakfast and a plate of veg for my tea every day? This is where I worry that I'm going to have a woozy head because of the lack of carbs and protein. Then on top of that I can have sins which will be snacks - like a diet yoghurt. I notice only the natural yoghurts are free and fruit ones are sins.

Back