DOING SW FROM HOME???

Evening all... Had a really good day at Wat Tyler Country Park, though it made me a bit sad to realise they were all of to uni soon and I'll be stuck here, unemployed and bored! Absolute mess now, gnat bites everywhere, sunburn and streaming eyes/blocked nose/husky voice from forgetting allergy meds :p Nevermind, was worth it! I hope to be back on plan tomorrow :) I want to lose some more weight! x

Hi everyone! I'm back doing SW after losing a stone Oct-Jan last year. This time I'm doing it from home as I honestly didn't get that much from them and found this website more help!

Hi all, 4 days into it and I am feeling fabulous. Spent 2 hrs gardening yesterday and went for 1 1/2 BRISK walk with husband and Husky at the beach. I was fit to collapse last night!!! Forced myself to get another BRISK walk in this evening with husband and the Husky....so much better than walking on my own, they have such a quick pace and I don't want to be a baby and say they are going too fast so I just keep going, telling myself 'this will end soon'!! lol.
So happy with my food choices, everything so healthy and tasty!! Made a chickpea curry today, well chickpeas, kidneybeans and small potato chunks as I didn't have enough chickpeas. The recipe makes 6 servings, so I have a few portions in the fridge and freezer for later in the week and for when I am not prepared!!
MRSP13, boiled eggs are great on the go (I know they are a bit smelly!!). Lovely on pre toasted wholemeal bread with a bit of salt and pepper...and best of all they are FREE!
Off to bed, might watch the new Dallas.....
Good night everyone. VZ

Oh yeah! MrsP13, let me know how you find the midwifery course, seriously tempted to apply for next year :) x

Nice to hear I'm not the only one struggling at the mo girls. Feeling a bit more positive today and I've started writing a proper food diary that includes how I feel in an attempt to identify triggers for me. Stress is defo a big one. Not going to be any less stressful for me in the run up to the end of the year, but as everyone says just pick myself up, dust myself off and carry on.

Lovely to hear VZ, you are so in the zone!

Jenny809 said:
How old is your little one? Juggling life with kiddies is hard blimin work, let alone having time for exercise! Sleep deprivation is horrendous too. Night night!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

He's 17 months old and has never slept through so I am trying the cry it out method this week, your right though it is hard work and I think sometimes I forget that!

Blimey, all this talk about 8 and 9st goal weights is amazing! I'd be ecstatic to reach 11st! Everyone has a personal journey and goals. We can all do it and give each other a firm kick up the bootie!!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I definitely agree with this! The last time I was in the 11st is a very distant memory now, I would be over the moon to get back into 11st. I hoping to do it before Christmas though!

Good work on the target setting everyone. Stick at it and you'll get there!

Raar I have had the day from hell at work. I have eaten three packets of crisps ..I go off plan when I am stressed. I really need to pull this back so I lose next week too ! Raaar

I find it really difficult to stay on plan when I'm stressed too, but don't write the rest of the week off. It was a little blip and now it's time to get back to it. I used to think I'd ruined everything when I fell off plan in a stress binge, but now I'm learning to change my mind set and instead of thinking I've been bad once, let's be bad for the rest of the day/week, I'm now managing to get back on track.

I find it really difficult to stay on plan when I'm stressed too, but don't write the rest of the week off. It was a little blip and now it's time to get back to it. I used to think I'd ruined everything when I fell off plan in a stress binge, but now I'm learning to change my mind set and instead of thinking I've been bad once, let's be bad for the rest of the day/week, I'm now managing to get back on track.

Yes agreed, that is now my way of thinking. Stop beating myself up and thinking I've failed yet again. Just keep on carrying on ;)

Hi, I wondered if anyone can please help me.
I joined sw online 2 weeks ago and have put on 5lb now :( feel like giving up! I am vegetarian so do green days. Have about 1 and a half stone to lose. Very active and go to the gym most days.

My diary for the last few days looks like this:
Saturday
Free foods - baked beans, pasta bake (made with whole grain pasta, passata, cottage cheese and a bag of mixed veg), stirfry noodles (the dried ones) and veg, spinach, fromais frais
he a - 3 baby bell lights
he b - 2 aldi benefit cereal bars and 3 more baby bell lights
syns- low fat actimal yog peach flavour (1 syn) and 2 highlights hit chocolates (4syns)

Sunday
free foods- mixed fruit (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry), fromais frais, spinach lasagne (made with spinach, cottage cheese,egg and passata), stirfry noodles (left over from sat) and cottage cheese
he a- 3 baby bell lights
he b - 3 baby bell lights, 50g feta cheese
syns - actimal yog (1syn), 2 options hot choc (4 syns)

Monday
free foods - pasta bake (ingredients as above), spaghetti , cottage cheese, lettuce, onion, whole grain rice
hea- 3 baby bells, 3 babybells

Heb - 50g feta, 75g Phili light.
syns- 3 hot chocs (6 syns) actimal light (1 syns)

Any help would be great. Many thanks

Can I join??
I started I'm January @ 14st 6.5lb and I'm now 11st 10lb.
I'm not struggling at all. I have found a way that works for me so I'm not too hard on myself if I habe a blip.

I joined sw online 2 weeks ago and have put on 5lb now :( feel like giving up! I am vegetarian so do green days. Have about 1 and a half stone to lose. Very active and go to the gym most days.

Saturday
Free foods - baked beans, pasta bake (made with whole grain pasta, passata, cottage cheese and a bag of mixed veg), stirfry noodles (the dried ones) and veg, spinach, fromais frais
syns- low fat actimal yog peach flavour (1 syn) and 2 highlights hit chocolates (4syns)

Sunday
free foods- mixed fruit (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry), fromais frais, spinach lasagne (made with spinach, cottage cheese,egg and passata), stirfry noodles (left over from sat) and cottage cheese
he a- 3 baby bell lights

Monday
free foods - pasta bake (ingredients as above), spaghetti , cottage cheese, lettuce, onion, whole grain rice

Hi g. Good to hear from you! I do mostly green days :hmm:I have a few questions for you that might help you shed some light on it.

Is your cottage cheese, fromage frais and yogurt definitely free? - virtually fat free and plain? (some flavours have syns)
You have almost all your healthy extras as cheese - maybe you could mix it up a bit, use some for wholemeal bread or cereals?
You don't mention milk anywhere in your food diary. If you don't ever have any that's great, if not did you forget to count it?
Are you having at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day? A portion is more than you think, 1 apple/banana etc, 3 tablespoons of veg or cereal bowl size salad. Make sure your meals are at least 1/3 superfree foods.
Do you like pulses/lentils/chick peas and different kinds of beans? They are great for filling you up for free.
Make sure you drink loads of water, and on the subject of drink make sure all your drinks are free too or syn them.

My advice is to go back to your books and read them again,:coffee: keep a really accurate food and drink diary and see how you get on this week. But most of all please don't give up! The support here is superb, please don't struggle in silence. Moan and whinge to your hearts content. I do!:grouphugg:

I bought some scales today so I can start doing weekly weigh-ins at home and just set them all up. Had a cheeky weigh and I have a LOT more work to do than I anticipated!

Food wise today was okay, but I have been really hungry! I don't remember ever being hungry last time so I don't know if I need to be eating more, but I am certainly eating a lot! Maybe I just got used to massive portions of bad food?

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

I have had a good day until I came home and found that my brother, who is getting married a week thursday, left 3 chocolate muffins for me to "sample".......

I haven't, I repeat haven't touched them! Ok, thats a big fat lie, I gave one to Alfie, who devoured most of it, but also threw some on the walls, on the floor, on the surfaces and on me! Ladies, I am so proud, I had muffin literally drizzled over my arm and did I lick it - Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I washed it off!!!! Did a little dance as I typed that too!

So i've kept the 2 muffins and they shall go to Grandma and Gramps tomorrow, the smell and look gorgeous so what more sampling does he want!

Extra good news but kinda not, the dress I ordered for the wedding came today and its too big! Quite glad actually as its £75 from Next and I do have another old dress I could recycle!!!

Hope everyone's ok!!!

x-x

Hi g. Good to hear from you! I do mostly green days :hmm:I have a few questions for you that might help you shed some light on it.

Is your cottage cheese, fromage frais and yogurt definitely free? - virtually fat free and plain? (some flavours have syns)
You have almost all your healthy extras as cheese - maybe you could mix it up a bit, use some for wholemeal bread or cereals?
You don't mention milk anywhere in your food diary. If you don't ever have any that's great, if not did you forget to count it?
Are you having at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day? A portion is more than you think, 1 apple/banana etc, 3 tablespoons of veg or cereal bowl size salad. Make sure your meals are at least 1/3 superfree foods.
Do you like pulses/lentils/chick peas and different kinds of beans? They are great for filling you up for free.
Make sure you drink loads of water, and on the subject of drink make sure all your drinks are free too or syn them.

My advice is to go back to your books and read them again,:coffee: keep a really accurate food and drink diary and see how you get on this week. But most of all please don't give up! The support here is superb, please don't struggle in silence. Moan and whinge to your hearts content. I do!:grouphugg:

Thanks Helen.

Yes, double checked everything and it's all free.
I don't drink milk, and the portions of veg I have are huge though I admit I don't like too much fruit. I go through 4 bags of mixed veg a week at the moment as I am adding so much to the food I eat.
i do like pulses and quite often I have baked beans for breakfast. I tried the mushy pea curry too last week. I also drink lots of water. I'm not sure if I'm just eating too much :(

Is it ok if I join? I'm new to this & to Slimming World. Just joined up online today as I travel with work & can't make it to meetings, so I'm hoping to get some extra motivation from here! Sounds like you are all doing great - I definitely would not be able to resist chocolate muffins right now, so that's the kind of willpower I'm hoping to work on! :)

Also, I found the information about the syns a little bit confusing. Are you allowed 5-15 syns every day? Or do most people not usually use up many of them? The sample meal plan I was given online didn't seem to use up any syns, so I don't want to end up using loads if you're not meant to! I presume it's not possible to transfer syns either, like in Weight Watchers? Sorry for all the questions - having serious problems with stress & motivation at the moment & I'm hoping Slimming World will be my clean start so want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

g_2012 said:

Saturday

Sunday
he a- 3 baby bell lights

Monday

Couple of things and I COULD be wrong but here goes,
Heb is not baby bell light,
How did you stir fry? In spray? Which type?
Did you blend your fruit?
Lasagne - was it dried or fresh pasta?
Heb - again not cheese, it's bread/alpens..

Hayley 22 said:
Can I join??
I'm not struggling at all. I have found a way that works for me so I'm not too hard on myself if I habe a blip.

Welcome!

The girls talk a LOT so if you can keep up welcome on board!!!!!

Hayley 22 said:
Can I join??

P.s WELL DONE!!!

Lucy, on green days you can have cheese for a HexB :) I can't see what's wrong with what is on that list, so I don't know what to say for the 5lb gain :\

Back