DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah twiglets are good on SW, I can't eat a lot of those anyway as my mouth gets all tangy with them...

Is anyone else aving trouble with the syn search here it just directs me to the food diaries for some reason?

Oh well off to KFC been trying to work out the syns in the rancher bbq chicken salad but to no avail, looking at the fat content on the whole dish though it can't be that much I think I'll just syn a sachet of their bbq sauce and work on that... and throw the croutons straight in the bin so I don't get tempted by them

We're walking there and back as car is in for a MOT.. so that should help with burming off the syn..

Yeah! The search thing is all messed up, it just goes and shows you a load of threads and no link to where the info might be in them or what :S Really frustrating! I keep just searching on google and it shows you the minimins links anyways... Maybe a mod could explain what's going on??

Had a good day - got my JSA application accepted, they weren't clear on when I'd actually get the money though, so it could be 2-4 weeks until I get anything :\ At least it's sorted now though! Was good with my food while I was out though, despite going in an old fashioned sweet shop, mcdonald's and Gregg's for my friends!! :O Was absolute torture :p Had a Boots meal deal with sushi and shaper's crisps :D 3 syns for the sushi and 3.5 for the crisps! I was impressed :D xx

Definitely a big well done Laura.....the temptations were huge! Ummmmm, love gregs pastries and fries and sweeties.....oooh am hungry! Sat here drinking black coffee and munching on carrot sticks! Decided on salmon tonight, it's marinating in soy sauce and honey at the mo. Will have it with new potatoes and veg I think. Wi tomorrow, eeek!

Walking to and from KFC definitely helps the syns hun.....oooh, now I'm thinking of KFC, as you can tell this is my worst time!!

My childminder has just agreed to have our boys overnight in a few weeks so me and hubby can get away for a couple of nights. Really looking forward to it, we're really trying to work on our marriage at the mo so quality time is sooo important. Also our wedding anniversary on Saturday, 5 years. Bit sad cos we're in a tough place but we're both trying to make it work, fingers crossed we'll see our 6th anniversary!

Blimey, as I type this my youngest is completely covered in pasta and sauce, it's everywhere!! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks Laura never thought of google searching

Early dinner for me as zumba tonight so munching on a ham and lactofree cheese salad with celery and lactofree cheese spread dip ( hubs bought the cheese spread by mistake as he didn't read the packet and it's gorgeous although I'm not telling him so lol) just a shame it's not low fat hope I'm doing right splitting the two cheeses as one hex...

Local KFC as always was dire, they have consistently gotten orders wrong etc for the last 15 years since it opened and no change today... plus incorrect dressing and their menu cards don't match up to the menu on the website and neither do the instore calories compared to the website, still it was tasty although not great value for money and nowhere a decent amount of chicken...

Aww Jen sorry you're going through a rough patch, things like that happpen from time to time in marriages but they can be worked through, hubs and I always seem to hit these patches every six or seven years or so but we do settle down again.

Having some time away together works wonders although you'll probably talk solely about the kids for the first few hours...

Feel a bit less saintly now as I'm going to have 5 fish fingers with my SW chips and some tomato sauce, which takes me up to 16 syns, but I'm really not too bothered by it - I deserve the extra syn from abstaining from evertything else haha! ;D

Jen, I have my fingers crossed that you and hubby can work everything out, and I am sure you'll make it to 6th anniversary and many more :) your dinner sounds delicious, especially compared to mine haha! Fresh salmon is too expensive at the moment, and I really don't like the frozen stuff :( I crave it all the time! I might treat myself to a few when I get my JSA :)

I don't know what it is about KFC, but whatever store of their's I have been to, they've never once gotten an order completely correct! Just another reason not to go ;D x

Hi everyone, glad to hear I am not the only one having trouble with syns links...I thought it was me!
Home after a long morning of travelling and waiting around for meetings etc etc. Bought a japanese griddle/grill/flat plate thingy in Lidl on my way home. They are great for pancakes (although pancakes are not great for slimming world!!). So while my chickpea curry was warming in a pan I whipped up a double batch of pancake batter and in minutes my kid's supper was made (they eat dinner straight after school at 3pm). I was tempted but resisted (woohoo)! I will try veggies on it for myself tomorrow.
Must now find energy to go for a good walk this evening....tired from sitting down all day!

Evening everyone!

All this mention of KFC is making me hungry. Just about to cook a massive batch of chilli though which should hit the spot (not as delicoious as fried chicken though!).

I don't know what it is with me this time round but I just cant stop feeling hungry! I am eating fruit when I get peckish but more often than not I am hungry which is just stupid as I am eating a hearty breakfast/lunch/dinner. Maybe I need to up protein?

Anyway, just wanted to check in. I'm off to clean the flat before my boyfriend gets back from working away tomorrow and then eat a whole lotta chilli :)

Hi everybody!

I'm just restarting with SW and think I might try doing it from home this time. I've tried going to my local group a couple of times over last couple of years, but have never stuck at it. I like the plan, but find if I miss meetings because of work (which I quite often do) I tend to go off track and then don't want to go back. Also, although I loved the very first group i even went to, years ago back where I used to live, I don't find the one here very useful. I'm worried though that I might struggle without the structure of going to class. How do you all cope with doing SW from home?

thanks!

Evening girlies!!!

Had one of them 'good' days today, seemed to be happy all day long and i've just ran 2.46miles in 30mins, my best yet, wish I could of gone to 3.1 but I didn't want to push it after monday and how i've felt since then!

So, I have a little dilema, totally tmi and definately embarrasing but I thought i'd ask anyway....I normally eat big meals but monday night I eat a piece of Salmon with some prawns and nothing else. Last night I had half a packet of Ham and some fish sticks. Its totally not like me to be so uninterested in meals and tonight i've got trout cooking but that will be all I can manage. I'm eating fine in the day - Like normal, lots of fruit and homemade veg soup for lunch, 2 X heb and 1 Hea.

I normally don't eat fish, maybe salmon or tuna once a week so could it be that giving me terrible flatulance?? Should I stop eating anymore maybe!!! I wanted to try a fish week mon-fri but i'm wondering now is it too much???

Any advice? I've been drinking loads of water and I know I shouldn't but i've weighed this morning and no change from monday!

Hey All!!
Loads of Newbies joining us so welcome everyone and your in the right place for help and advice!

I'm thrilled as I have lost 1.5lbs this week! Totally amazed at how I managed that seeing as tho I had a naughty weekend!!

Ive learnt that - The key to weight loss is portion size and using all of your syns each week!
I've totally changed my eating habits and find I eat smaller but more often so by tea time I don't want a huge meal!
If you fancy something have it and don't punish yourself just don't go overboard! I had a craving for pizza last week so went to Pizza Hut and had a few slices and loads of salad! No starters and no deserts! But I felt satisfied coz I had what I wanted but in moderation!

Go forth & shrink my fab friends! X

P.s I'm finally back in the 9's!!! Yey (Does a little dance!) :banana dancer:
X

Morning ladies,

I'm after some advice please. I have been going to class for a month but amseriously considering going it alone and just weighing in at home, how do you stay on track without class?
I dont really enjoy the consultant who although is very nice I feel she is more interested in the business than the members and she never keeps stocked up with mags and books so I end up buying my mag in the supermarket anyway. Also as for many people I dont really have the cash to spend just to go and get weighed and not receive the encouragement I need.
I do however have a very supportive husband who will try any new recipe I make and will run out to the shops if there is a certain ingredient I need.

So the question is can I go it alone and stay on track? I'm not sure...

spinme307 said:
Morning ladies,

I'm after some advice please. I have been going to class for a month but amseriously considering going it alone and just weighing in at home, how do you stay on track without class?
I dont really enjoy the consultant who although is very nice I feel she is more interested in the business than the members and she never keeps stocked up with mags and books so I end up buying my mag in the supermarket anyway. Also as for many people I dont really have the cash to spend just to go and get weighed and not receive the encouragement I need.
I do however have a very supportive husband who will try any new recipe I make and will run out to the shops if there is a certain ingredient I need.

So the question is can I go it alone and stay on track? I'm not sure...

We are all proof that you can do sw at home! I've never been to a class and have managed fine on my own. Although, I'm not on my own cos this is my support group and I couldn't do it without this place! I love it cos you can have pretty much 24hr a day support as opposed to once a week. Whenever I have a question, someone has ALWAYS helped me, it's fantastic! Sooo many lovely people and getting to know them and their journey is an inspiration!! If you're not happy with your consultant and still feel like you need to go, can you change groups? I know some people find going to a group really useful, everyone is different. If you do decide to do it on your own, you really won't be alone!!

Tilly, fantastic!! In the 9s is amazing, well done! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thank you Jen, I have looked for other classes but there isnt any that I can get to so think I might try it on my own with the support of the forum. I have lost a lot of weight before so I'm trying hard to properly change my habits this time.

So I will be weighing in at home on thurs mornings :0

Welcome Spinme307! Were proof you can do it from home!
At the minute I'm going to class to get s boost really as I could get to losing 1/2 a stone on my own! But I've been going the class for around 6 weeks and have lost another 6.5lbs so nearly lost a stone since April!
I enjoy my class as everyone is really friendly so it suits me but I only started as my friend wanted me to help motivate her! I don't know how long I'll carry on going for but at the minute it's keeping me going!
I tend to lose around 1-1.5lbs per week which suits me as I'm still having things I want but not putting weight on!

Any questions just ask! X

Lost another 1 lbs. Did my side by side photo - Dec 2011 v Now and brought home what I have achieved so far. Hopeing to be at target by 1 year anniversary.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
Lucy, I know there's no such thing as eating too much fruit/veg, but do you think that might be causing it?? I see no reason why the fish would, as long as it's fresh and in date, but quite often eating veg soup as well as other veg, and lots of fruit in a day can cause a bit of gas :) I can't really say cut back on it though, haha! I would keep eating the fish though, as I can't believe it would be that...

Wow!! Well done Jen, Tilly and Rosielea :D I'm really hoping I get a loss on monday, I know it's only been two days so far but I'm finding it so much harder this time round! So many temptations... I hope I can get back into the rhythm of it soon!! xx

Well Done Rosielea! You've done brilliantly since the start of your journey!

Laura you'll get back into it! Remember when you all used to lose every week and I struggled?! You know u can do it again! Review your food diary and remember what you used to do to get good losses!

X

Back